Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Those 'fans' are stupid.

Fair enough it's been a difficult season for us as we have massively under performed but there's no need for fans wanting Rodgers to be fired. Especially as we have had lots of new players who are being eased into the team which will naturally take time plus it hasn't helped with Sturridge being injured too.

But yeah today's team is definitely not going to improve anything especially if our first team lose and perform badly against Chelsea on Saturday.
    I fear with the way we're playing it's more of a when than if. I haven't felt this negative towards our games for a long time. It's understandable that Rodgers is losing the support of many fans, but flying a plane calling for his sacking is over the top. He's made too many poor decisions already this season and I fear tonight's could be the biggest of all

ReputationRep:
    Which XI out of the possible team would beat Real? None! We struggled against Newcastle.

No XI on current form from us can actually "try" to beat Real. If we can't even score v Newcastle, Hull, even the reverse fixture v Real. Even v Villa etc no chance of beating Real.

We can't go for it because we don't have the players to on their current form.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I expect 4 goals for Madrid , minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's United/Everton fans wumming.
    Ahh right, that makes sense then.

(Original post by Stirlo)
    I fear with the way we're playing it's more of a when than if. I haven't felt this negative towards our games for a long time. It's understandable that Rodgers is losing the support of many fans, but flying a plane calling for his sacking is over the top. He's made too many poor decisions already this season and I fear tonight's could be the biggest of all
    I'm still being optimistic that we will buy well in the Jan transfer window and that the team will finally click together and do well in the second half of the season. Rodgers has been appointed for the long term and I don't see why the board will fire him (unless we finish 8th/7th) even if we don't get 4th place this season I reckon he'll still be here. I still think it's only a rough patch we are going through and that soon enough we will find some form.

I agree that he shouldn't have given up so quickly before the match has begun. You would have thought the first XI would be itching to play in the CL against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu tonight and vs Chelsea on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Lol I expect 4 goals for Madrid , minimum.
    never want to see us lose but i'd take a 4-0 loss right now with that current team and walk away.
    can't remember the last time i saw liverpool thrashed; i couldn't fully empathise how it felt for arsenal fans last season but i'm sure over the next few hours we'll experience it.

where is the creation in this team?
    this midfield trio is embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    this thread is gonna be awful over the next few hours.
    bitter united fans don't have anything else to focus on right now so they'll be licking their lips at this.

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers is going to look like a right prat if his team gets thrashed not only by Madrid but by Chelsea too.

ReputationRep:
    Spent years trying to get into the CL and now the leagues more important

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic mentality from Rodgers really. What kind of a team just bends over and accepts the rape. No pride or dignity at all.

Feel for the away fans that made the trip.

ReputationRep:
    Now Liverpool are back to being underdogs they may surprise you and get the draw or even the 2-0 like arsenal did against Bayern.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    this thread is gonna be awful over the next few hours.
    bitter united fans don't have anything else to focus on right now so they'll be licking their lips at this.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like seeing the lineup from Rodgers really, looks bad for English football. Toure vs Real's attacking frontline... lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Spent years trying to get into the CL and now the league cup more important
    Fixed :P

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers is going to look like a right prat if his team gets thrashed not only by Madrid but by Chelsea too.
    his big problem is that now he MUST avoid a defeat against chelsea.
    he has put so much pressure on himself; if he loses both games this week he is in real trouble.

at least if we played a decent side for both matches, we could just say that we were against Real and Chelsea and that even our strongest side was probably not gonna win either.

ReputationRep:
    Fixed :P
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Pathetic mentality from Rodgers really. What kind of a team just bends over and accepts the rape. No pride or dignity at all.

Feel for the away fans that made the trip.
    imagine how much money they all paid?
    i expect a refund for fans if we get thrashed like sunderland did for theirs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going 80% chance we lose, 10% a piece we win or draw.

Don't be too embarrassing please, we are playing with no expectations

ReputationRep:
    Really disappointing to see that lineup, even though I want Pool to lose, wana see their best players against Real.

ReputationRep:
    Allen mucks up the pass in the good area, come on bro, if there's one game it would help to be semi-competent in the opponents half.

ReputationRep:
    My god, we're gonna concede in this match regardless, we don't need to give them chances as easily as that.
    Skrtel gifting them an opportunity like that is laughably amateur.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.