Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelfox)
    Would never take a loss vs the scouse scum.
    Amen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    I would take a loss to Liverpool in the league if we went on to beat them in the FA cup final (if both teams reach it).

As for Lacazette, two years ago he scored 3 in 31 games, so let's wait to see if he's a one season wonder or if he's here to stay. For all we know, he could be the next Alexandre Pato.
    Two years ago he was 20/21 years old so I doubt it's just the mere fact of being a one season wonder that's caused such a massive improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd much rather Man U lose than Liverpool. If Man U get in the top four they won't have any problem attracting world-beating players, but even if Liverpool make top four I don't think they'll be able to buy players of the same quality. Champions League Man U is more dangerous than Champions League Liverpool.

I'd rather Arsenal finished 4th with Man U 5th or below than Arsenal 2nd with Man U in the CL places.

ReputationRep:
    TBH United would probably do more with their CL spot than Liverpool, so for the sake of our coefficient, I'd rather they got fourth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Two years ago he was 20/21 years old so I doubt it's just the mere fact of being a one season wonder that's caused such a massive improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's also been a good 18 months for him, and more recently an astonishing 12. Would be a great buy for you lot tbh.

Also I said that in my thread. We're the best English club in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    TBH United would probably do more with their CL spot than Liverpool, so for the sake of our coefficient, I'd rather they got fourth.
    Our 4th spot is safe or at least a few seasons yet,, it would take 3 incredible seasons from the Italian league and another 3 awful seasons from us for them to take our spot.

ReputationRep:
    You never know man.

I would agree that United getting CL would bring in more general quality, however you've seen what we can do if Rodgers gets a system working.

Admittedly we've been awful in Europe this season, however if we got top 4 and brought in more quality in the summer, I feel like we'd do much better.

Let's not forget that this time we don't need squad depth; we can literally just improve our first team quality now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    You never know man.

I would agree that United getting CL would bring in more general quality, however you've seen what we can do if Rodgers gets a system working.
    Bar a good result against city at home, I don't think we've seen Rodgers achieve anything much yet tbh. You're on a good run at the moment but still have plenty to prove.

ReputationRep:
    lol red card for the baggies already

ReputationRep:
    Another mistaken identity event too, not even surprised anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Did he referee the 6-0 at Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    The referees are pathetically bad, but you aren't allowed to criticize the poor darlings for some ridiculous reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Bar a good result against city at home, I don't think we've seen Rodgers achieve anything much yet tbh. You're on a good run at the moment but still have plenty to prove.
    Oh I agree completely.

Rodgers has shown great tactics and management in domestic football but he needs to be able to adapt to European football - it isn't always the same.

If we make top 4 again though, it would be interesting to see what happens.
    Under Rodgers we're a little unpredictable, especially at the start of the season.

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P Theo Walcott

ReputationRep:
    What happened to my boy Ozil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    What happened to my boy Ozil?
    Illness according to the BBC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    Another mistaken identity event too, not even surprised anymore.
    At least we know he ain't a racist towards light skinned guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EddyP)
    I'd much rather Man U lose than Liverpool. If Man U get in the top four they won't have any problem attracting world-beating players, but even if Liverpool make top four I don't think they'll be able to buy players of the same quality. Champions League Man U is more dangerous than Champions League Liverpool.

I'd rather Arsenal finished 4th with Man U 5th or below than Arsenal 2nd with Man U in the CL places.
    Or maybe Liverpool will be able to attract top players due to CL and United will be able to attract them despite not having it
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by difeo)
    Or maybe Liverpool will be able to attract top players due to CL and United will be able to attract them despite not having it
    Liverpool can't afford the top players

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Liverpool can't afford the top players

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They spent 117m last summer. Take away 75m from Suarez and that's 42m so they could afford like one top player and nothing else if it's the same as last year. But they'll probably have a bit more with CL money.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.