Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016 Watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baz1998)
    What time will track update to let us know whether we have a place or not?
    Read the first post of this thread, all the information you need is listed under "Track on Results Day".

ReputationRep:
    Guys , I know it might be a silly question but if I didn't get e-mail or any information neither from Ucas nor from my firm university choice ,does it mean my grades are lower than my offer and I didn't get a place ? I'm asking because my friend got his update 4 days before results day that he got the place at LSE (this was last year) , so i wonder if this is the case now too ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Read the first post of this thread, all the information you need is listed under "Track on Results Day".
    Thanks brother

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carolinec1206)
    Guys , I know it might be a silly question but if I didn't get e-mail or any information neither from Ucas nor from my firm university choice ,does it mean my grades are lower than my offer and I didn't get a place ? I'm asking because my friend got his update 4 days before results day that he got the place at LSE (this was last year) , so i wonder if this is the case now too ?
    omd you've got me worried now, i haven't got one yet either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadherin)
    I was on MEI and I agree - I was hoping for an A* originally, no hope of that now, I'm praying for an A...
    That MEI C4 paper wasn't even that difficult, but i flunked it so bad (both the actual paper and the comprehension)

ReputationRep:
    No dont worry - whether you get an email now or not doesnt mean anything. Youll know on thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Yeah, I accidentally added an hour.
    I can't help but feel the last few hours before track opens will feel like weeks
    Weeks? More like months!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl :D)
    omd you've got me worried now, i haven't got one yet either.
    Universities aren't allowed to contact you until results day, doing so breaks the embargo so you shouldnt be expecting any emails.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    Why don't they upgrade their systems?
    They have but it's a sensible precaution to keep functionality minimised at peak load.

There are very few updates that come through at midday so it isn't worth the risk for little benefit (and by switching off updates they get applicants to do what they need to do - ring their universities - instead of sitting on their computers hitting refresh and accidentally ddossing UCAS).

ReputationRep:
    Well if this isnt true then how do you explain the message my friend got last year ?

ReputationRep:
    did UCAS or LSE contact your friend?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20160815_210631.png
Views: 377
Size:  284.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure, but I think that means that the university confirmed his offer on the 9th, although Track would not have updated to show this until the morning of results day.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Name:  20160815_210631.png
Views: 377
Size:  284.2 KB
    It updated then but she couldn't see it until results day???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    I'm not sure, but I think that means that the university confirmed his offer on the 9th, although Track would not have updated to show this until the morning of results day.
    Yep thatd what happens, they confirm it very early or reject and it only shows it until results day. I had this last year. Date showed around a week before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick Question:

If my course at my firm university is available through Clearing, and my absolute worst is two grades below the conditional offer, is there a high chance I've been successful?

I know it won't be necessarily the case but surely the university would prefer to take someone who's firmed their offer, who's application they've already seen, and isn't that far below the offer (worst case scenario) ?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Yep thatd what happens, they confirm it very early or reject and it only shows it until results day. I had this last year. Date showed around a week before results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh alright . Thank you. Either way I'm screwed

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure how your course being in clearing means you have a higher chance of getting in? Wouldn't it mean that you have a lower chance as there are free spaces that haven't been taken up?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dwittyy)
    Quick Question:

If my course at my firm university is available through Clearing, and my absolute worst is two grades below the conditional offer, is there a high chance I've been successful?

I know it won't be necessarily the case but surely the university would prefer to take someone who's firmed their offer, who's application they've already seen, and isn't that far below the offer (worst case scenario) ?

Thanks in advance and good luck to everyone!
    (Original post by ToastiestZombie)
    I'm not entirely sure how your course being in clearing means you have a higher chance of getting in? Wouldn't it mean that you have a lower chance as there are free spaces that haven't been taken up?
    Clearing listings mean nothing about whether a university will be lenient

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...on-results-day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notanooblol)
    Does anyone else do OCR MEI further maths?
    me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.