Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FiatDriver)
    I agree. People in here are too obsessed with the LSE, it's highly overrated. I have an offer from LSE and I'm seriously considering declining it and take up my Warwick offer.

Tho we r all like this now...
    wen more ppl get offers i doubt they will be criticising LSE.:yep:
    All become LSE suck ups:p:

ReputationRep:
    I agree. People in here are too obsessed with the LSE, it's highly overrated. I have an offer from LSE and I'm seriously considering declining it and take up my Warwick offer.
    Doooooon't do iiiiiiiiiiiit! :eek:
    (Just joking )

ReputationRep:
    I mean surely LSE can't be THAT BADDD.
    One of my friends is doing History at LSE and he's having an awesome time, out pretty much every night and has great people on his course.

ReputationRep:
    hello just to say got an offer on friday for government (came at 5pm for all those easger to know)
    and also i was not previously sent a gathered pile email...
    lse or bristol?
    hmm

ReputationRep:
    LSE is rated higher than UCL for law every year - UCL is **** 4 law with crap contacts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardonae_Rowen)
    LSE is rated higher than UCL for law every year - UCL is **** 4 law with crap contacts!
    Which do you plan on picking, LSE or Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    impressive (= sheesh that puts me in a real dilemma then heh. you're the first to feel so strongly abt ucl law though. congrats on oxford and lse!

ReputationRep:
    UCL is **** 4 law with crap contacts!
    Based on what? I've heard from UCL law students about all sorts of networking events and competitions sponsored by big law firms.

(Original post by gsc7)
    oooo such *****iness, you wouldn't think these were people going to university this year would you lol
    I completely agree.

(Original post by zxcvbnm3)
    hello just to say got an offer on friday for government (came at 5pm for all those easger to know)
    and also i was not previously sent a gathered pile email...
    lse or bristol?
    hmm
    I am in the same situation you were in. Hopefully I will get an offer for government soon.

ReputationRep:
    unsuccessful international relations and history applicant. recieved it last monday...

ReputationRep:
    are you kiding

ReputationRep:
    why hasn't i get a reply from LSE?
    If they reject, will they send a reply to reject your application or they will just ignore you?
    Silly question i guess.... lolz but i waited for quite long already and there is no reply. I think i send in my application last year october. Only lse and warwick hasn't reply. Oh god please help me,hehe.....

ReputationRep:
    the funny thing is, it's hard to know whether they like us or not. Say, if they don't like us, then they could have gave us straight rejection beforehand and it does not make sense that they haven't looked at our applications yet since three months of time has already passed and they should have gone through our applications at least once so far. So yeah, it seems they want to compare our applications to later applicants. But if that's the case, then why shouldn't they send us a gathered pile email? Or, alternatively, they have already made their decisions - presumably offers for early applicants - but want to hold it for some reason. ah well, really it's getting utterly complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jong Il Kim)
    the funny thing is, it's hard to know whether they like us or not. Say, if they don't like us, then they could have gave us straight rejection beforehand and it does not make sense that they haven't looked at our applications yet since three months of time has already passed and they should have gone through our applications at least once so far. So yeah, it seems they want to compare our applications to later applicants. But if that's the case, then why shouldn't they send us a gathered pile email? Or, alternatively, they have already made their decisions - presumably offers for early applicants - but want to hold it for some reason. ah well, really it's getting utterly complicated.
    yeah, i rather they reject than doing this to me as it feels like there is a slight hope for obtaining an offer but by right if they don't send their offer to you straight away means you are not that good after all.
    This feeling has been bugging me for 3 months, lolz... hope they give me a reply as soon as possible and let's pray for an offer.
    How about you? have you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sad sad core)
    yeah, i rather they reject than doing this to me as it feels like there is a slight hope for obtaining an offer but by right if they don't send their offer to you straight away means you are not that good after all.
    This feeling has been bugging me for 3 months, lolz... hope they give me a reply as soon as possible and let's pray for an offer.
    How about you? have you get an offer?
    nah I'm, unfortunately, still without an offer.
    Yeah the fact that we haven't got an offer yet means that we are not the best applicants. To make things even worse, though it's highly debatable, early applicants without an offer might have lower chances than those who received gathered pile email. Nonetheless, considering the high calibre of the Oxbridge applicants, it is viable that quite a number of us will obtain an offer very soon. Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jong Il Kim)
    nah I'm, unfortunately, still without an offer.
    Yeah the fact that we haven't got an offer yet means that we are not the best applicants. To make things even worse, though it's highly debatable, early applicants without an offer might have lower chances than those who received gathered pile email. Nonetheless, considering the high calibre of the Oxbridge applicants, it is viable that quite a number of us will obtain an offer very soon. Who knows?
    what's a pile email? What offers have you got? I have got bristol,manchester and loguhborough. Still waiting for lse and warwick. Lolz, bristol asking for 3 As and IELTS 7.0 in all aspect...... the IELTS part is killing me. Hope LSE won't offer me with such a condition on IELTS.hehe

ReputationRep:
    Well actually I think I have bad news guys, apparently there were offers handed out yesterday?! If this is true then I think (and I may very well be wrong) that the rest of us pre-oxbridge people will be getting rejections on Friday! i think maybe they have filled the spaces and gave out just a few more offers yesterday and then they will reject those of us who aren't in the 'pile' this Friday!

Or UCAS lagged for SOME people and they got offers yesterday?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QBC123)
    Well actually I think I have bad news guys, apparently there were offers handed out yesterday?! If this is true then I think (and I may very well be wrong) that the rest of us pre-oxbridge people will be getting rejections on Friday! i think maybe they have filled the spaces and gave out just a few more offers yesterday and then they will reject those of us who aren't in the 'pile' this Friday!

Or UCAS lagged for SOME people and they got offers yesterday?!
    how do you know people got offers yesterday??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mashad1602)
    how do you know people got offers yesterday??
    Because I know people who did! I know them in real life lol, not on TSR!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.