Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
_MizzTerious_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry, joined the thread abit late....I've got one word though.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! !!!

Ah Crap, that's two.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I must say, I loved the bit where the doctor was pretending to be a plane :love:
Snurse
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I really didn't want river to be amy's daughter, I don't know why :/ as soon as he said melody pond I was like 'damn'. I think it just makes it this whole complicated mess of stealing time with river away from her parents, how come it's okay for him to see her grow up and not them?
nbrz_emma
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Oh I still think she's his wife or something similar.
I just get the impression that since he vowed to "protect" her or whatever, as River just explained, that being his wife doesnt feel right anymore? The Timey Wimey stuff is so complicated yet so simple!
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Time wise, I still don't get how it's possible for River to be Melody. She still existed when Rory had never existed
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Didn't realise Rory was so hot. "Where is my wife?! :eek:

Also, Lorna. That's my name, I was so happy! Can someone clear it up for me though, who was she? I'm confused.

Bit disappointed about River being Amy's daughter - it was fairly obvious but was hoping it was something else. I guess it's only a kid's programme though, so it was always going to be obvious! However, what's her relationship to the Doctor then (River's that is)?
nbrz_emma
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargatecrazy)
Time wise, I still don't get how it's possible for River to be Melody. She still existed when Rory had never existed
Timey Wimey makes my head hurt!
Guitara
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have a new (bull) theory on why River/ the Girl has Timelord/regenerative DNA - Rory is the father, Rory keeps on dying, but keeps on coming back to life. Maybe he gets a pseudo regenerative mutation in his DNA, which then makes River/ the Girl who also has this mutated DNA. Instead of Time Head Tardis stuff, so the Doctor doesn't have to think about sexy times happening in the Tardis.

Just for funsies.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's a paradox... hence the "impossible" astronaut.
Tasneemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Let's just be glad that River isn't Amy from the future or something ridiculous.

"I concieved myself! :perv:"
nbrz_emma
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
Let's just be glad that River isn't Amy from the future or something ridiculous.

"I concieved myself! :perv:"
My head would explode!
Stargatecrazy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
It's a paradox... hence the "impossible" astronaut.
That isn't a paradox though. And that was The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang. Not TIA.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of time rules Moffat has broken...

I'm still reserving a full opinion until Let's Kill Hitler (really? That's really the next episode's title?! )...when hopefully some stuff will be explained... :holmes:
??????????????????
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Silence said Amy will bring the Silence and she gave birth to River. Conclusion: River is a Silent or has something to do with it? She exploded the TARDIS
LostInLaw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nbrz_emma)
I just get the impression that since he vowed to "protect" her or whatever, as River just explained, that being his wife doesnt feel right anymore? The Timey Wimey stuff is so complicated yet so simple!
Mm, there's still the kissing though!
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ??????????????????)
The Silence said Amy will bring the Silence and she gave birth to River. Conclusion: River is a Silent or has something to do with it? She exploded the TARDIS
Invalid conclusion.
There's still the possiblity that Amy herself could bring the silence, and not River Song.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
Just caught up with thread.

Really liking the whole contrast of the Doctor being bad and a warrior, and Rory being all steamy and passionate and SEXY (:sexface:) yet still being a nurse...being a good man perhaps?

Disappointed with River revelation. Too obvious and I had avoided all spoilers and just speculated. Kinda felt like a cheap cop out tbh.
Well said.

I haven't been a regular for very long, but I don't think it's likely that I'll be back posting much. Maybe during part 6b if I fall back in love with the show, but for now at least I won't be regularly posting. I'll be happy to chat with anyone who shares the same/similar viewpoint on the reveal as me, but I don't want to discuss the episode much as I'm still in denial (:ninja:).

It was great speculating with you all, see you around! :wavey:

Spoiler:
Show
Sorry for the speech, I can't tear myself away from the thread just yet :ninja:
??????????????????
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tasneemo)
Invalid conclusion.
There's still the possiblity that Amy herself could bring the silence, and not River Song.
I was saying that River IS the Silence :O gave birth to her and the rest of the Silence are protective of her!
nbrz_emma
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LostInLaw)
Mm, there's still the kissing though!
The time they kissed was so good! I had to rewatch it, especially where she said about it being the "last time". Actually quite sad...
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
oooooh now number 18 on the 41 teasers from the Doctor Who : The Brilliant Book makes sense:
Spoiler:
Show
“How could a fellow Gallifreyan stoop so low?”
??????????????????
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So who is Madame Kovarian :O
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (399)
37.64%
No - but I will (82)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (75)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (504)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise