Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Lmao. It's called an education!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Since when did an education = Mandarin Skills?

EDIT: realised I just contradicted myself
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Uhm. I find that offensive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I joke, I joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    I learnt traditional, not simplified.

Although given the rate at which I haven't used it, I've forgotten most of the words.
    Coz you're the real thing! Haha so so so cool! You must give me transliterated material so i can impress my friends and that chinese guy I embarrassed myself in front of. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    I joke, I joke.
    Every joke has some truth behind it. What issue do you have with humanities/social sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Since when did an education = Mandarin Skills?

EDIT: realised I just contradicted myself
    Lol... There you go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    be careful! More trees mean we may have more angry men with chainsaws chopping them down! Lets promote the symbolic, loving roses:redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose::redrose:
    Roses are so loving they decided to grow thorns to cut everyone who walks past them.

More roses means we may have more unhappy visitors to our garden of friendship. Let us promote the cool, peaceful and friendly trees instead.

ReputationRep:
    Techy people unite! We must join forces to relinquish the evil powers of those who study... humanities and *gasp* social sciences
    Time to talk about how superior the HTC ONE is compared the plastic-crap S4.
    Also im getting a Samsung 840 pro SSD, my cousin has got it and it loads up his W7 in a few seconds, but I'll Dual-boot if with Backtrack5, if you get what I mean-if you don't then tell me to explain .

(Original post by Jina)
    Haha Neither are mine - we can only try our best!
    Hahaha you're exactly like my brother. He breaks everything just so he can see whats inside.... Confusing.
    You're welcome... I'm guessing you're Danyal? :P

Are you Bengali?! Ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

The funny thing is I nearly broke my Xbox and then tried the same thing again to see why, then I realised that the metal shell is a conductor of electricity.

Anyways my name is Sulaiman, Solomon or Sully lol. I just use the exact example of the teacher lol.
    Also I speak Japanese, Pashto(from afgan- my mother tongue) and English as you can see , also got an approximate 8 UMS above A for English AQA but they haven't released the boundaries so I could go up or down lol but I'd put a dime that they won't go over 5 UMS so I should be fine.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Techy people unite! We must join forces to relinquish the evil powers of those who study... humanities and *gasp* social sciences
    Oi! :unimpressed:

They're hardly mutually exclusive you know.

Disclaimer: I want to study Economics at Uni.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    Also im getting a Samsung 840 pro SSD, my cousin has got it and it loads up his W7 in a few seconds, but I'll Dual-boot if with Backtrack5, if you get what I mean-if you don't then tell me to explain .

The funny thing is I nearly broke my Xbox and then tried the same thing again to see why, then I realised that the metal shell is a conductor of electricity.

Anyways my name is Sulaiman, Solomon or Sully lol. I just use the exact example of the teacher lol.
    Also I speak Japanese, Pashto(from afgan- my mother tongue) and English as you can see , also got an approximate 8 UMS above A for English AQA but they haven't released the boundaries so I could go up or down lol but I'd put a dime that they won't go over 5 UMS so I should be fine.
    Of course I know what you mean! Although I somewhat disagree with the HTC One comment. Sure it has a pleasant form factor but in terms of performance the S4's processor simply blows it out of the water. And as for the SSD, I just got the seagate hybrid version and my, my it is fantastic!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Coz you're the real thing! Haha so so so cool! You must give me transliterated material so i can impress my friends and that chinese guy I embarrassed myself in front of. -_-
    Just get a book. We learnt from craptastic textbooks at Chinese school but there are some excellent ones out there which makes learning a form of Chinese more simple.

So superior that it doesn't have the better processor, can't change the lower capacity battery (which has to run the bloated Sense UI), install a Micro SD card or take high detail photos.

ReputationRep:

Thank you. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

Funny thing is, I want to do the same but with an engineering or computer science segment as well.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing is, I want to do the same but with an engineering or computer science segment as well.
    So you want to learn what you called an evil social science?

Computing is one my A-Level options. I plan to use the summer holidays to brush up on the programming languages covered in the specification. Maybe even get cracking on C++ as well.

ReputationRep:

Aah! I like the name Sulaiman! Afghans rule too! Yesterday all my teachers kept talking about Afghanistan in class... Soviet invasion of Afghanistan being one.
    Ahh i know how you feel! Did the same exam but im pretty sure its an A*... Feel sorry for my friends though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Computing is one my A-Level options. I plan to use the summer holidays to brush up on the programming languages covered in the specification. Maybe even get cracking on C++ as well.
    I'm way ahead you there, already got HTML, CSS and JavaScript down to a tee and working through some Ruby and Objective-C at the moment. Did you know you can develop windows 8 apps with just HTML5 and JavaScript?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    So you want to learn what you called an evil social science?
    When I said that I meant all non analytical social science subjects

ReputationRep:
    When I said that I meant all non analytical social science subjects
    Lol which ones are non-analytical?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Of course I know what you mean! Although I somewhat disagree with the HTC One comment. Sure it has a pleasant form factor but in terms of performance the S4's processor simply blows it out of the water. And as for the SSD, I just got the seagate hybrid version and my, my it is fantastic!
    You talking about the Octate or whatever processor? That won't be in the first batch so really not much different both Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (I think-playing of memory- so correct me if i'm wrong). Also my dad is an android dev and he said himself that 4 processor won't do much, again correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they only 4 physical Cores and 4 Virtual, or if not then 4 are really weak (made for standby and weak tasks) and when things are getting tough the big boy comes in.
    Lately I have just been looking at the 720 and PS4 so not much phone news. But can we agree that the name of the Xerpia is the worst crap ever? I don't look at any one of them because their best one looks like the worst one- its that hard to tell the difference and whoever named them was a stupid idiot lol, A,B,C,D... yeh right.

Just get a book. We learnt from craptastic textbooks at Chinese school but there are some excellent ones out there which makes learning a form of Chinese more simple.

So superior that it doesn't have the better processor, can't change the lower capacity battery (which runs the bloated Sense UI), install a Micro SD card or take high detail photos.
    See what I said above for CPU, Sense UI can be rooted and removed, can't it? The memory is not the best, but isn't 32GB enough? The photo is great quality, well good enough for a normal person so that's fine but what about the Screen? Samsung MUST have bought the 400+PPI technology of HTC as that was first implemeneted on the HTC J Butterfly(japan and India only) and then Droid DNA(Americas version of JButterfly). The Phone's (200 hour cutting time) body just literally melts into the hands of the user and is much superior design wise.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm way ahead you there, already got HTML, CSS and JavaScript down to a tee and working through some Ruby and Objective-C at the moment. Did you know you can develop windows 8 apps with just HTML5 and JavaScript?
    I've got HTML5 and CSS3 in the bag as well. Javascript and Ruby, I'll learn later. Too many projects to work on to become a computer science prodigy over the weekend. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Aah! I like the name Sulaiman! Afghans rule too! Yesterday all my teachers kept talking about Afghanistan in class... Soviet invasion of Afghanistan being one.
    Ahh i know how you feel! Did the same exam but im pretty sure its an A*... Feel sorry for my friends though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks a lot.
    But pondering whether to do and all night or just go sleep now so I can wake up for fajr (5:30) lol, hard choice indeed, but i'll have a conviction within 20 mins.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.