Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    He'd definitely add some bite to our team.

:dance:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...is-Suarez.html

I would love it if we got Suarez tbh. He might be a total psycho on the pitch but he's not a divisive character off it. And he is quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatamIdoing)
    He'd definitely add some bite to our team.

:dance:
    one of them jokes that is so bad its good bravo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Everton haven't had two pennies to rub together in recent years and have had to sell their best players whenever a bigger club comes calling. Hardly the same situation as Moyes finds himself in now. Would rather have Rooney see out his contract than be sold to a domestic rival.
    The club would rather Rooney saw out his contract. Rooney himself, seems to be far less committed. As Sev says, Moyes couldn't even give a straight answer when asked three times. Rooney will most likely be a United player this coming season, but that'll be more because United refuse to sell rather than Rooney wanting to stay IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Take the rooney talk to the utd thread tbf or make a new thread for it.

ReputationRep:
    why talk about rooney in an Arsenal Thread?

ReputationRep:
    Do people realise the whole reason suarez wants to leave liverpoo is because he hates the country and its media. Why would he move to a club in london.

ReputationRep:
    Why are bidding for Suarez? is the Higuain deal dead? Literally these last few days I've been watching Sky-sports hoping that they'll confirm it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    Why are bidding for Suarez? is the Higuain deal dead? Literally these last few days I've been watching Sky-sports hoping that they'll confirm it.
    Many people have said this is some kind of transfer war between Arsenal and Real Madrid. Apparently a fee was agreed with Madrid over Higuain but on medical day they demanded more money, we couldn't finalise the Higuain deal because Real Madrid's transfer fee wasn't agreed. Arsenal got pissed off at this stage.

Arsenal then start making bids for Real Madrid's most realistic target, Suarez. So when Madrid come to negotiate with Liverpool over a transfer fee for Suarez Liverpool will use Arsenal bids as some sort of precedent to say Real Madrid must bid higher because Liverpool rejected several high bids from Arsenal. This will make Madrid settle for the original negotiated fee that was agreed with Arsenal over Higuain or Arsenal will keep making Suarez's price higher.

This just a theory ofc

But if we don't move fast the whole saga could look like this. Cavani to PSG, Higuain to Napoli, Suarez to Real Madrid and then Arsenal are screwed. I have doubts over a possible Higuain move to Napoli for several reasons.

ReputationRep:
    WE DON'Y NEED A STRIKER WE HAVE PODOLSKI!!! WHY DO WE NEED HIGUAIN??? WHAT CAN HE DO THAT PODOLSKI CANT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7vjPWlA6hY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Many people have said this is some kind of transfer war between Arsenal and Real Madrid. Apparently a fee was agreed with Madrid over Higuain but on medical day they demanded more money, we couldn't finalise the Higuain deal because Real Madrid's transfer fee wasn't agreed. Arsenal got pissed off at this stage.

Worth bearing in mind that Real and Arsenal dont have the best of relationships. We've consistently refused to sell them players like Vieira, Henry, Fabregas before selling them elsewhere whilst they were involved in tapping up Reyes back in the day over which we threatened legal action. Wenger has also snubbed their approaches on several occasions. I actually ran google translate on a marca.es article on Higuain and Arsenal were treated with mild disdain mostly.

Not surprised they're trying to make things difficult but everything will be OK so long as we're the only interested party, which seems to be the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Worth bearing in mind that Real and Arsenal dont have the best of relationships. We've consistently refused to sell them players like Vieira, Henry, Fabregas before selling them elsewhere whilst they were involved in tapping up Reyes back in the day over which we threatened legal action. Wenger has also snubbed their approaches on several occasions. I actually ran google translate on a marca.es article on Higuain and Arsenal were treated with mild disdain mostly.

Not surprised they're trying to make things difficult but everything will be OK so long as we're the only interested party, which seems to be the case.
    Valid points there. I lost all respect for the top two Spanish clubs a long time ago not just because of their classless transfer dealings but also how they've monopolised La Liga and killed the rest of the league in doing so plus I hate their arrogance and false sense of superiority in world football.

ReputationRep:
    Why are we not considering Mario Gomez? I remember last season we were comparing him with rvp. Few members out here were really appreciating Mario gomez. I rarely watch german football so not sure what is happening. He is a top player and at 17 mil is a steal??

ReputationRep:
    Mario Gomez would be a very good signing. No idea why we haven't considered him.

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:

hahahah

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought £30m for Suarez was a good deal for both parties :dontknow:

I doubt anyone in the PL will pay more for Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I would have thought £30m for Suarez was a good deal for both parties :dontknow:

I doubt anyone in the PL will pay more for Suarez.
    haha. We paid 23m for him 2 years ago. His value has easily doubled.

We don't want to sell to anyone in the PL either, we'd rather keep him.

£30m is a pathetic attempt to play games with Real who will see right through it. They know Arsenal can't afford Suarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    haha. We paid 23m for him 2 years ago. His value has easily doubled.

We don't want to sell to anyone in the PL either, we'd rather keep him.

£30m is a pathetic attempt to play games with Real who will see right through it. They know Arsenal can't afford Suarez
    Mate, we literally have 150m in cash reserves sitting in Natwest. We could afford your entire first team...

Saying that, its obvious that we're using Suarez to force Real into action.

And Suarez is worth 40m ish excluding all the aggro he comes with. Including it he's worth less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Mate, we literally have 150m in cash reserves sitting in Natwest.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_Lawton)
    :rofl:
    http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/72e2d47e-7...44feabdc0.html

Financial Times a good enough source?

This will now be about 150m thanks to season ticket renewals.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.