Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

PGCE 2014 Applications (NOT FOR SPECIFIC INTERVIEW TASK DISCUSSIONS) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey grouppp....i had a pgce primary interview at notts trent university last week and wondered if anybody has had interviews last week and if so...have they heard back...they said a 10 day turn around but thought id see if anybodys heard?thanks peoplee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Has anybody received an offer via email from a uni but nothing has updated on track? Wondered how long it takes to update on track, want to accept my 1st choice.
    Hi again! I had my email yesterday confirming my place but nothing has updated on ucas track yet! I want to accept it!! Congrats on your place at BG I guess I'll see u in sept, are u early years? Xx

ReputationRep:
    Can we prepare for the general knowledge test at the interview from bbc bitesize website regarding the subject knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Hey grouppp....i had a pgce primary interview at notts trent university last week and wondered if anybody has had interviews last week and if so...have they heard back...they said a 10 day turn around but thought id see if anybodys heard?thanks peoplee
    I've not heard back yet. Been checking track constantly!!

ReputationRep:
    First interview from one of my apply 1 choices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    First interview from one of my apply 1 choices!
    Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, If any of you have firmed Warwick Univeristy for the PGCE in Primary or Early Years this group has been set up by another applicant

https://www.facebook.com/groups/586743258063080/

Good luck to everyone g=who has interviews coming up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by proud nd luvin it)
    Conditional offer from Uni of Leicester for PGCE Primary!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats on your offer!

There is a thread for PGCE Primary at Leicester here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post46053401

and there is a FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413151862259015/

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a lot of FB groups around. If anyone has any for Cumbria let me know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbubbles)
    Congrats on your offer!

There is a thread for PGCE Primary at Leicester here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post46053401

and there is a FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413151862259015/
    Ahh great awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I've not heard back yet. Been checking track constantly!!
    Yeaaaaah....i keep checking each day haha...when you heard from your other unis was it through ucas or did you hear from the uni first?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Worcester Now got offers from all my choices, so just got to decide whether to accept Cambridge, Worcester or Warwick. Tough decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbxox)
    Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me? For the five minute lessons are you aiming to teach your peers or prepare it as if it was for primary-aged children? because i'm really confused. Like i don't want it to be too easy or anything. Any advice would be much appreciated!
    Have you planned your 5 minute lesson yet?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has an interview at Cardiff Met for Secondary English next Thursday? We have to do a one minute advert expressing why we want to be English teachers..I have no clue what to do! Any ideas would be great!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MusicGirlKH)
    Got an offer from Worcester Now got offers from all my choices, so just got to decide whether to accept Cambridge, Worcester or Warwick. Tough decision!
    Oh how exciting...well done on all your offers but of course I'm biased...come to Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencarey123)
    Hi again! I had my email yesterday confirming my place but nothing has updated on ucas track yet! I want to accept it!! Congrats on your place at BG I guess I'll see u in sept, are u early years? Xx
    I'm the same. Went to accept the offer but it isn't in track yet! I am, doing the 3-7 years. How about you? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeaaaaah....i keep checking each day haha...when you heard from your other unis was it through ucas or did you hear from the uni first?
    Ucas :-) They said it would be through ucas as well I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianavfc)
    Have you planned your 5 minute lesson yet?
    Hiya I didn't go to my interview in the end as I got an offer from derby and that was my first choice . how's yours going? x

ReputationRep:
    Crazy. I have been waiting since mid December and heard nothing.This morning I got an email with an interview on the 30th. Minutes ago I got an email saying I have an interview on the 29th!
    Talking about timing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    Ucas :-) They said it would be through ucas as well I think...
    Aaaah then i will keep looking at ucas then haha...very nervous waiting for my outcome haha!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.