The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5100
Original post by Esmeralda4
I've not heard back yet. Been checking track constantly!!

Yeaaaaah....i keep checking each day haha...when you heard from your other unis was it through ucas or did you hear from the uni first?
Got an offer from Worcester :smile: Now got offers from all my choices, so just got to decide whether to accept Cambridge, Worcester or Warwick. Tough decision!
Reply 5102
Original post by sbxox
Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me? For the five minute lessons are you aiming to teach your peers or prepare it as if it was for primary-aged children? because i'm really confused. Like i don't want it to be too easy or anything. Any advice would be much appreciated! :smile:

Have you planned your 5 minute lesson yet?
Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has an interview at Cardiff Met for Secondary English next Thursday? We have to do a one minute advert expressing why we want to be English teachers..I have no clue what to do! Any ideas would be great!!
Reply 5104
Original post by MusicGirlKH
Got an offer from Worcester :smile: Now got offers from all my choices, so just got to decide whether to accept Cambridge, Worcester or Warwick. Tough decision!

Oh how exciting...well done on all your offers :smile: but of course I'm biased...come to Cambridge :tongue:
Original post by Laurencarey123
Hi again! I had my email yesterday confirming my place :biggrin: but nothing has updated on ucas track yet! I want to accept it!! Congrats on your place at BG I guess I'll see u in sept, are u early years? Xx

I'm the same. Went to accept the offer but it isn't in track yet! I am, doing the 3-7 years. How about you? X
Original post by MS90
Yeaaaaah....i keep checking each day haha...when you heard from your other unis was it through ucas or did you hear from the uni first?

Ucas :-) They said it would be through ucas as well I think...
Reply 5107
Original post by sianavfc
Have you planned your 5 minute lesson yet?

Hiya I didn't go to my interview in the end as I got an offer from derby and that was my first choice :smile:. how's yours going? x
Crazy. I have been waiting since mid December and heard nothing.This morning I got an email with an interview on the 30th. Minutes ago I got an email saying I have an interview on the 29th!
Talking about timing.
Reply 5109
Original post by Esmeralda4
Ucas :-) They said it would be through ucas as well I think...

Aaaah then i will keep looking at ucas then haha...very nervous waiting for my outcome haha!
Applied for Birmingham PGCE history in Apply 2. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to reply to say whether you have an interview or not? Unsure whether just to apply for Cardiff or Swansea instead because I've heard somepeople saying that B'ham usually take a while with replies.
Original post by s.of
Oh how exciting...well done on all your offers :smile: but of course I'm biased...come to Cambridge :tongue:

I've just accepted Cambridge as my firm decision! Eek! :smile:
Does anyone know if you receive the £20000 teaching bursary whether you are still entitled to apply for other grants ( adult dependency, parent, maintenance etc)?
Reply 5113
How long did people get when University of Birmingham e-mailed you saying you have an interview and the actual interview day? Was it over a week or just a few days?
Reply 5114
Original post by thomasawdry
Does anyone know if you receive the £20000 teaching bursary whether you are still entitled to apply for other grants ( adult dependency, parent, maintenance etc)?

Afaik the teaching bursary has no effect on any other finance. The bursary is designed to draw people in to teaching and is nothing to do with whether the candidate needs the money.

Xxz

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
About the bursary... I need some advice. I'm doing r.e so I don't get one but I'm applying to external places. I don't really know what reason to give for it though. No-one needs the bursary because we all get ample student loans, but of course it would be nice. I don't just want to put down that I want it because it's money though haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5116
Original post by starryeyedkid
Applied for Birmingham PGCE history in Apply 2. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to reply to say whether you have an interview or not? Unsure whether just to apply for Cardiff or Swansea instead because I've heard somepeople saying that B'ham usually take a while with replies.

I haven't heard from them at all and I'm in apply 1! I don't know if they are still processing applications or if it will just go to automatic rejection? :frown:
Hi,

Last month (16th December) , I submitted an application for a PGCE in Secondary History, and my choices were Birmingham University, Nottingham University and Manchester Metropolitan University. Manchester Metropolitan Uni had closed their course before Christmas as was full, and so I am still waiting on hearing from the other two unis, and I am still in Apply 1. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it may usually take to hear back if you got a rejection or interview? Is there anyone that has applied to these unis for a PGCE?

Also, is there anyone else who has applied for PGCE History aswell? It would be great to hear from you.

Reply 5118
Hey, anyone got interview for secondary maths PGCE at kings college?
Reply 5119
Does anyone have an interview for Strathclyde University on 29th January?

Got my interview invitation through yesterday so trying to find any others going.

Latest

Trending

Trending