Turn on thread page Beta
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zezo)
    Am I surprised? With all the issue, lack of funds and our chairman being a silly prat it's not a great formula.
    Barry Hearn still the chairman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Barry Hearn still the chairman?
    His name is Francesco Becchetti, recently got fined 40k for kicking our Assistant manager and claiming it was banter.

ReputationRep:
    Poor refereeing at Hillsborough this weekend. Ref allowed Leeds to commence play (and score) whilst a substitution was taking place :lol: Fortunately the clown corrected his error after talking to 4th official. I should imagine the chap won't be handling any Championship games for a while now.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zezo)
    His name is Francesco Becchetti, recently got fined 40k for kicking our Assistant manager and claiming it was banter.
    Oh yes I remember seeing that, he sounds like he is ruining the club.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a couple of goals from Wigan at home yesterday, who managed to put the disappointment of conceding a three-goal lead to Sheffield United on Tuesday by winning 3-1.

Some really good games across the third tier - namely Swindon's thrilling victory over Crewe, and Burton keeping the champions' pace at the Ricoh Arena by beating Coventry.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by abrack)
    I agree! Championship football is the finest football played in my opinion. It is extremely competitive, more so than the BPL. Especially this season.
    Especially this season? The top flights the most competitive it's been in years this year.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Nothing will beat that promotion chase last year. It could have been any team from eight.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I can see League One being tight all the way to the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icecream1)
    I agree with you, should have got more from the games. The mistake for the first goal by Phillips was really poor.
    The defence has been dodgy for a while but got away with it against opposition not able to exploit it. It is a real weak link and I hope the recent defensive additions can shore it up. Though we have to start taking our chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Scunthorpe sack Mark Robins are that 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Blackpool on Saturday.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Scunthorpe sack Mark Robins are that 5-0 drubbing at the hands of Blackpool on Saturday.
    Not surprised their fans have been calling for his head for a while now.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not surprised their fans have been calling for his head for a while now.
    He's always been over-rated. Inherited a good side at Coventry.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Also problems continue to mount up for Bolton, they have had a winding up petition put back in order for them to find more time to get funds which in a way is good but the bad news is they have had to let Ameobi go because they can't afford to offer him a new deal http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35343240
    Meanwhile a deal to sell Zac Clough to Bristol City has now collapsed

ReputationRep:
    Also problems continue to mount up for Bolton, they have had a winding up petition put back in order for them to find more time to get funds which in a way is good but the bad news is they have had to let Ameobi go because they can't afford to offer him a new deal http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35343240
    Meanwhile a deal to sell Zac Clough to Bristol City has now collapsed
    That happened last week, I mean we have a billionaire owner, but the players we went after, Clough, Maguire, Gayle, Grey didn't want to join us based on our league position.

One of the reasons he probably got sacked was going for unrealistic targets as we only have 19 players, Cotterill is a good lower league manager but doesn't seem suited for the Championship. I think Scunthorpe are after him now anyway
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Tom_BCFC)
    That happened last week, I mean we have a billionaire owner, but the players we went after, Clough, Maguire, Gayle, Grey didn't want to join us based on our league position.

One of the reasons he probably got sacked was going for unrealistic targets as we only have 19 players, Cotterill is a good lower league manager but doesn't seem suited for the Championship. I think Scunthorpe are after him now anyway
    Yeah with Robins gone it would make sense for Cotterill to go there, Scunthorpe fans were expecting a play off push this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    Especially this season? The top flights the most competitive it's been in years this year.
    I was referring to the Championship being very competitive, my bad.

(I agree this is the most competitive the BPL has been for a while.)

ReputationRep:
    The Championship's been pretty poor this season, the only stand out team so far have been Middlesbrough and they didn't look that good when they came down to Cardiff, they some how managed to lose to us
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Conor Washington is moving from Peterborough to QPR. A very good signing for the R's, with Washington easily one of the brightest talents in the second tier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    He's always been over-rated. Inherited a good side at Coventry.
    He lifted us out of the disaster that the bald clown Thorn placed us in but you are right to say he was given a decent group to do it with. More shows how terrible Thorn was really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    He lifted us out of the disaster that the bald clown Thorn placed us in but you are right to say he was given a decent group to do it with. More shows how terrible Thorn was really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah. I don't really have any sympathy for Robins, in truth. Always struck me as a thoroughly unlikeable individual.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scunny appoint Cotterill.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.