Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    I need that email from weightmans

too tense
    I received mine yesterday saying I'm through to the next stage. It said they would let you know by the 31st so they should let you know by the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else thought it weird for Cooley to have two separate dates to let us know our outcomes? Surely if we didn't get an email today, then that means we will get PFOs?

Also, did anyone else also apply for the Open Day, in addition to the VS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmaugTheTerrible)
    I received mine yesterday saying I'm through to the next stage. It said they would let you know by the 31st so they should let you know by the end of the day.
    oh yeah I got that on friday

I mean the email with details about the online assessments..

ReputationRep:
    Just got the ac invite from Cooley...

Anyone know if they recruit for the TC of the VC?

Its not really clear on the website

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any tips for preparing for the penningtons vac scheme assessment centre? We have a written exercise, group exercise and client interviewing role play. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm182)

Did you just get that invite now? Or was it earlier on today? Wondering if I should still stay hopeful or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sma1994)
    Did you just get that invite now? Or was it earlier on today? Wondering if I should still stay hopeful or not!
    It came through at ten to eight- I think if they are still going out at that time you can probably keep the hope alive for a bit longer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benm182)

It's a pretty big part from what I read at the link below:

http://www.lawcareers.net/Solicitors.../Cooley-UK-LLP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El_Cuervo)
    I got my offer a week ago from an interview on Friday 20th. When was your interview?
    Is your offer for the spring or summer scheme?

ReputationRep:
    What's the procedure if you have been offered a TC from an easter vacation scheme that you will accept but still have other schemes to complete in summer? Are you required to disclose acceptance of an offer?

This isn't for me btw (I wish!), I'm asking for a friend.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah well i forgot to do the extra 300 words for why cooley so my hopes for cooley arent high. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husn)
    Still not heard from Cooley LLP - rang them up before and the grad lady said we would here today (latest) for interview emails which makes me think I've been rejected. I hope not though.
    Fingers crosssed.
    I don't understand why they let successful people know today and rejections not until the 2nd April. Maybe because people heard say late there may be more offers given out tomorrow?! Wishful thinking I know! 😪😪😪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmny)
    Was offered a VS at BWB last week ! Has anyone else heard anything about dates of placement?
    I got an email today confirming my date and department.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen that I've got a Cooley A/C invite. Has anyone gone through the email and attatchment yet? Seems like it's going to be tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawstudent156)
    Is your offer for the spring or summer scheme?
    One of the Summer schemes. But the impression I got was that I could have switched to the Spring one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    Hi,

For anybody who has had previous experience completing the Watson Glazer test. Do you have any tips and/or suggestions on how to prepare effectively for it? Feel free to PM me or to reply directly on this thread

Thanks

Hey - I took the WG a while back. Try and practice online, there aren't that many resources but just Google 'Watson Glaser' and you'll find them (that's what I did)
    There's not much to prepare on, so what you should practice is giving quick answers, so try and practice under exam conditions i.e. timed and with no distractions.
    Apart from that - do the test when you're rested rather than at 1 AM... and that's about it.
    It's not too bad so don't worry too much!
    Good luck :banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TykeDragon)
    Haha ahh I see, nah I'm down in soton, was wondering if you were in my yeargroup!
    Aw nice, I'm second year... you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from TLT Bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisjones123)
    Is it just me considering contacting Eversheds?
    i am considering it but i am not very hopeful now... which office are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    I may be lacking in fundamental knowledge that is glaringly obvious to others, but what does PFO stand for? I have seen this abbreviation pop up on so many forums, yet I am stumped as to what its meaning is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.