Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey guys any update for law or any news from anyone who is applying keble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cook99)
    Well done you. Which college and course?
    Biochemistry! Applied for Brasenose, but got an interview with Queen's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambre)
    Do you know when the earliest of the earliest of invitations were sent?
    last year the largest flow was between 20-23 november. so there might be oddballs a day or two before/after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebklaine)
    last year the largest flow was between 20-23 november. so there might be oddballs a day or two before/after.
    Do you reckon we could hear over the weekend? Or will it be strictly Mon-Fri?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sushiqueen666)
    hey guys any update for law or any news from anyone who is applying keble?
    Have you applied for law at Keble too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    Some people were notified on Saturday and Sunday, but most people seem to receive their invitations during the week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    I'm an international student, no idea how you British run the place

ReputationRep:
    Any possibility BrasenoseAdm could answer that recurring question? Do the colleges give out offers over weekends that you know of?

ReputationRep:
    I have just received an invitation for an interview (Biochemistry, St Hildas)!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    GCSE grades: 11A*s 1A
    A-Levels: 5As at AS in Maths. Further Maths, Chemistry, Computer Science and General Studies. Predicted 3A*s in Maths Further Maths and Chemistry
    Course: Mathematics
    College: Brasenose College

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    I have just received an invitation for an interview (Biochemistry, St Hildas)!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!
    Well done, good to see a couple of science invitations coming round!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    Well done, good to see a couple of science invitations coming round!
    Thanks a lot!

Some people asked what the subejct of the email would say. Mine was “Invitation for interview” so it kind of spoiled the surprise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambre)
    Could be useful
    Please start one
    Hi Ambre,

I see from the interview holder's thread that you are interviewing at St Peter's but also at Christ Church.

Was St Peter's your first choice?

If so, to have Ch Ch 'come in for you' is quite impressive, a bit like Barcelona coming in for a player Arsenal think they have nearly signed?

I don't know a lot about St Peter's, or about your course (or indeed the application process), so I might be wide of the mark, but it sounds like an interesting story.

I imagine you must be a very strong applicant; to get any interview so quickly seems impressive, to have 2 interested in you is compelling, to have Ch Ch trying to gazump St P's... wow!

...or is this normal and am I putting 1 and 1 together and getting 38.2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pcabezas)
    Thanks a lot!

Some people asked what the subejct of the email would say. Mine was “Invitation for interview” so it kind of spoiled the surprise!
    Haha yeh, maybe it should be called something like 'Your Application to Oxford', then right at the bottom of the email after a paragraph of chat would be the invitation or the tfc (thanks for coming) comment :lol: Regardless congratulations - evidently your admissions test went well
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ivoryfall)
    Any possibility BrasenoseAdm could answer that recurring question? Do the colleges give out offers over weekends that you know of?
    Hi Ivoryfall,

We are very unlikely to send out invitations to Brasenose over a weekend because our office is usually closed. However, we are much busier at this time of year, so it is possible that the office may need to open briefly at the weekend, and therefore there is a slim chance that invitations may be sent outside of the working week. I would expect that decisions arrive during the working week 99% of the time though from every Oxford College.

Best not to worry about when it might arrive!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Look,Yes,But,See)
    Hi Ambre,

I see from the interview holder's thread that you are interviewing at St Peter's but also at Christ Church.

If so, to have Ch Ch 'come in for you' is quite impressive, a bit like Barcelona coming in for a player Arsenal think they have nearly signed?

I don't know a lot about St Peter's, or about your course (or indeed the application process), so I might be wide of the mark, but it sounds like an interesting story.

I imagine you must be a very strong applicant; to get any interview so quickly seems impressive, to have 2 interested in you is compelling, to have Ch Ch trying to gazump St P's... wow!

You need to lay off the coke man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    You need to lay off the coke man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha....and of the last two players Barca pinched from Arsenal, one snapped his hamstng immediately and the other now plays for West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, quick question:
    What is Oxford's view, more specifically Magdalen's view, on applicants who've resat exams?

I did the IB and got 38 points (out of 45) with 7-6-6 at higher level - the equivalent of A*AA. So I already have my grades.But I also redid a maths exam a couple of days ago hoping to bump up my total to 40-41 points.

Considering I've already met the minimum requirement for the Law course, will this resit be viewed badly by the admissions team? I'm only getting my results in January, so I know this retake won't be seen as a positive addition to my application, but I want to make sure it's not a deterrent either.

I realised today one of the unis I'm applying to adamantly refuses to make offers for their Law courses to students who resit exams, A-Levels or otherwise. I tried to find info about this on Oxford's website, to no avail. Any advice/info is appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Look,Yes,But,See)
    Hi Ambre,

Yes, St Peter's was my first choice. Is it impressive? I thought it was quite common!
    Haha thank you so much... there's nothing special about my application though, I haven't got lots of A*s at GCSE and my AS grades are the standard 4 As so I don't think it really means anything.
    Yes, I do think it's a very normal part of the procedure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambre)
    Yes, St Peter's was my first choice. Is it impressive? I thought it was quite common!
    Haha thank you so much... there's nothing special about my application though, I haven't got lots of A*s at GCSE and my AS grades are the standard 4 As so I don't think it really means anything.
    Yes, I do think it's a very normal part of the procedure.
    I guess you're right but if Ch Ch wanted to interview me I'd be pogo'ing around the lounge!:badger:

-

I should add that I am not even applying to Oxford, despite having a reasonable app, as I know a few people who crashed and burned there and what I want from uni is to have a great time, get a decent degree and not be uber-stressed...

....but If I had applied I would have done so to Ch Ch!

Best to you, and knock 'em out!
    LYBS (sniff)

-

BTW - Before I get disparaging remarks, I am fully aware that that badger is not actually pogo'ing (pogoing??), it was the nearest I could find - 2-footed pogo'ing?:badger:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.