Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Where are the questions for quantitative reasoning? Is it at the bottom of the page or on the side?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    http://www.kaptest.co.uk/sites/kapte...6%20Entry).pdf

Have a look through this, not sure how useful it is but better than nothing i suppose
    Yh thanks Looks like Southampton, UEA and Nottingham will consider the score if my overall application is decent which i hope it is. I don't know about KCL they said they will consider but " chances are reduced" since i believe they are quite UKCAT heavy even for foundation year. Do you think i should pull out KCL and insert Bristol as they appear less aggressive on UKCAT scores or risk KCL in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I sat my ukcat today and here's what I got:
    VR: 590
    QR: 650
    AR: 610
    SJ 2

total 1850
    average 617

The universities I was considering are Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St. Andrews, Glasgow & Dundee but that's probably going to change. Does anyone have any reasonable advise as to where I should apply or whether I should take a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    Hey everyone!
    I sat my ukcat today and here's what I got:
    VR: 590
    QR: 650
    AR: 610
    SJ 2

total 1850
    average 617

The universities I was considering are Edinburgh, Aberdeen, St. Andrews, Glasgow & Dundee but that's probably going to change. Does anyone have any reasonable advise as to where I should apply or whether I should take a gap year?
    I don't have much advice sorry but just wanted to say well done after messaging you yesterday😋 bet you're glad it's all over now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMaskedLady)
    I took my UKCAT just a few hours ago and my average score was 696.
    And induvidual scores are 520 for VR, 850 for QR, 720 for AR and Band 2 in SJ

Are those good enough for universities coz my AS grades were pretty low.
    Yeah that's real good, well done! What did u get at AS? Tbh AS don't really do much good unless they're good enough to put in a Reference. As long as ur school predicts high then that should be alright.

You might want to check universities that use subtests scores because VR is a bit low, however VR has been low for everyone this year so you'll be fine probably.

Your ukcat is good for the vast majority of universities.

ReputationRep:
    You need to turn your grades around, take a year out and apply. No offence but there's no chance you get into Med this year, with those grades - take it from a guy who got 4 rejections pre interview because my AS grades were BCCD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ukcat can cover up for loss in AS though, there's a guy onyoutube with the same AS grades that got 4 offers I think and goes Durham now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Ukcat can cover up for loss in AS though, there's a guy onyoutube with the same AS grades that got 4 offers I think and goes Durham now.
    Yes but your predicted grades still need to be AAA at least to stand a chance. The person I was replying to has been predicted lower

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to be that weird one but how do you ask W questions on here? Much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mousa997)
    Sorry to be that weird one but how do you ask W questions on here? Much appreciated.
    What do you mean W questions? Just post anything

ReputationRep:
    Yes but your predicted grades still need to be AAA at least to stand a chance. The person I was replying to has been predicted lower

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I thought you had them AS grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Where are the questions for quantitative reasoning? Is it at the bottom of the page or on the side?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pardon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMaskedLady)
    Soooooo i had my UKCAT today and I think it went pretty well. Alot better than i expected coz my mocks were trash.

My results are:
    VR- 520
    QR- 850
    AR- 720
    SJ- Band 2

So tell me if thats good or bad coz I'm not entirely sure what kind of score is considered 'good'. Im hoping to apply to barts and kings college.
    Hey what's your predicted/obtained ucas tarrif?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    Pardon?
    Are the questions in QR at the bottom or right side of the screen? Just wondering. On medify, they're at the bottom of the screen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MCMXCVIII)
    Are the questions in QR at the bottom or right side of the screen? Just wondering. On medify, they're at the bottom of the screen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It drives me insane constantly scrolling ugh, also with this question, on medify/ukcat if the data is more than a page long and has the scroll option it won't let me move to the next page unless I've viewed it all aka scrolled down? Is that the same in the exam? because it makes me waste so many valuable seconds lmao😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Yh thanks Looks like Southampton, UEA and Nottingham will consider the score if my overall application is decent which i hope it is. I don't know about KCL they said they will consider but " chances are reduced" since i believe they are quite UKCAT heavy even for foundation year. Do you think i should pull out KCL and insert Bristol as they appear less aggressive on UKCAT scores or risk KCL in your opinion?
    Personally I'd apply for Bristol instead, as they put less emphasis on your UKCAT score. But if your heart is set on Kings then it's worth a shot IMO.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just sat the UKCAT there, I got

VR - 650
    QR - 800
    AR - 690
    SJT - Band 2
    Total Score - 2140
    Average Score - 713

Do I stand a chance of getting an interview at Dundee, and an offer from Edinburgh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    It drives me insane constantly scrolling ugh, also with this question, on medify/ukcat if the data is more than a page long and has the scroll option it won't let me move to the next page unless I've viewed it all aka scrolled down? Is that the same in the exam? because it makes me waste so many valuable seconds lmao😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OMG same! We're already pushed for time as it is and then it says I need to view all the data before moving on... really hope it's not like this in the real thing lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Guys i need help. I got 600 Average and Band 1 STJ. I only had 20 or so days to revise for the UKCAT cause of research placement this summer etc
    I am planning applying to foundation year course. At Nottingham, Bristol, UEA and Southampton since i do qualify for those. Pretty disappointed at the 600 average. Is this the end of the road for me? My predicted grades are ABC my GCSEs are not the worst ( in my opinion) 4 A*-A 7Bs and i have taken lots of hospital work experience, done nuffield research placement,crest award, volunteer at children charity and have written a scientific report for GSK this summer.
    I really do not wish to take the graduate entry and i dont believe there are any bmat foundation year courses available.

Any help from those experienced would be appreciated.
    Yep you and me are in the same position but my UKCAT was worse than yours. I am was hoping to do Foundation Medicine at Bristol, UEA, Leeds and Lancaster. I got 580 average and Band 4 . My GCSes were 2A*s 5As and 4 Bs. My AS were AABB and A levels predicted ABB in Chemistry, Biology and Maths.

With your stats, its definately NOT the end of the road for you! Foundation Medicine is for students like us who want to do Medicine but dint really meet or have a competitive set of grades or academics.
    Right now, I would advice you continue with your application (and maybe take the bmat if you want). You're good to apply to unis like: UEA, Southampton, Cardiff.... I wouldnt say Southampton because I heard they want 650 minimum for their BM5 and BM6 programme.

(And i just realised were applying to two of the same unis )

ReputationRep:
    It's subjective but IMO if you're in the 7th decile then your score is 'good', 8th and 9th decile and your score is 'amazing.' It's more than good enough for Barts and KCL for sure though.

What were you scoring in mocks btw?
    What decile does 704 fall under? I got VR: 600, QR: 740, AR: 770, SJT Band 2 o.o I really wanted to apply for kings but im not soo sure now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveySpecter97)
    Exeter want above 650? Where did you read this?
    In the student room. So that's not true? Do you think with a 610 UKCAT average (1890 overall), 7A*s and 3As at GCSE I might have a chance?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.