• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not looking forward to next week's episode, which is unusual. I have just completely had enough of Daleks. Add to that someone doing a Churchill impression, I think it's just going to be tacky and dull. I just want an interesting villain. The ones in the first episode were barely villains, there weren't really ones in this one and now the Daleks are back, and then other previous villains are back in later episodes I believe. I was hoping Moffat would create something new and scary like the gas mask kid and the angels. But the more I think about it, the more he seems to be running out of ideas. The first episode was a worse version of the Girl in the Fireplace, with hints of Hitchikers Guide with that whole 'corner of the eye' thing, the next episode we're turning back to the Daleks and then later we'll turn back to the Weeping Angels.

ReputationRep:
    And the Cybermen! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Does Doctor Who come on Saturday or Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    Saturday

ReputationRep:
    Next week's episode features
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the weeping angels (the preview is on the website) :nutcase: Definitely looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samanthaaaa)
    Next week's episode features
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the weeping angels (the preview is on the website) :nutcase: Definitely looking forward to it!
    Yay!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's also got River in - which I AM excited about, but she does kind of grate on me a bit...

Now only 20 mins to Daleks colour co-ordinated to the Election and Churchill!
    D'ya think it will cover my history revision for the day? lol!

Love this thread btw:woo: - why I didn't come join in when I joined TSR in Dec perplexes me :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    Yay!!! It's also got River in - which I AM excited about, but she does kind of grate on me a bit...

Now only 20 mins to Daleks colour co-ordinated to the Election and Churchill! D'ya think it will cover my history revision for the day? lol!

Love this thread btw:woo: - why I didn't come join in when I joined TSR in Dec perplexes me :p:
    Any mentions of future episodes could you put in spoilers please as some people don't want to know anything about future episodes
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Here goes

ReputationRep:
    I dont care what anyone says, especially all the "im bored of the daleks" "the daleks are over done"

I will never bore of them, unless they are in every episode ever.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Started a new thread to discuss the latest episode: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1242793
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    A theory that would solve the weird issue regarding the date on Rory's ID card, and also about Amy not remembering the Daleks:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What if somehow, the Doctor is actually in a parallel universe? I read a variation on this theory elsewhere and I think it would make sense - Rory's ID card saying he became a nurse in 1990 could be perfectly valid and not a production error, because there's nothing to say that smartphones couldn't have been produced 10 years earlier in a parallel universe. Also, the Daleks wouldn't have invaded in the parallel universe so Amy wouldn't remember.

Then again, when the Atraxi appeared in the sky, nobody was really taken aback by it, so they had probably seen some kind of alien before. The cracks we keep seeing would be holes between realities? Didn't the Tenth Doctor open/close up something similar when he said goodbye to Rose on Bad Wolf Bay at the end of series 2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meskell)
    Any mentions of future episodes could you put in spoilers please as some people don't want to know anything about future episodes
    k soz, spoilered it now. Stupid thing to forget, should've been second nature by now Thanks for pointing it out though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    A theory that would solve the weird issue regarding the date on Rory's ID card, and also about Amy not remembering the Daleks:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    What if somehow, the Doctor is actually in a parallel universe? I read a variation on this theory elsewhere and I think it would make sense - Rory's ID card saying he became a nurse in 1990 could be perfectly valid and not a production error, because there's nothing to say that smartphones couldn't have been produced 10 years earlier in a parallel universe. Also, the Daleks wouldn't have invaded in the parallel universe so Amy wouldn't remember.

Then again, when the Atraxi appeared in the sky, nobody was really taken aback by it, so they had probably seen some kind of alien before. The cracks we keep seeing would be holes between realities? Didn't the Tenth Doctor open/close up something similar when he said goodbye to Rose on Bad Wolf Bay at the end of series 2?
    That's a good one actually! Yeah, like some stuff I've read but more concise - think its really plausible

Spoiler:
    Show
    However, I hope that if that's true we do go to the real world sometime, I would find it a bit of a cop-out if he uses that as a kind of re-set button...especially if it means there's no UNIT (they weren't in vid conference) and what happens if when torchwood starts again (assuming, fingers crossed, it will) and its then in a diff universe? There'll be some weird explanation though Maybe it's just leadworth that's weird? Sure the cracks and amy not knowing and rory's badge all link though XD Also, it was a bit interfering with the timelines to have the people being forced to leave the earth 1,300 or something years in the future - when we've known from prev. storylines they've been around on earth later than that...I don't know!!:confused: so much to deal with XD Interesting thing about BW though, will have to dig it out and re watch it closer :woo: :p:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    That's a good one actually! Yeah, like some stuff I've read but more concise - think its really plausible

Spoiler:
    Show
    However, I hope that if that's true we do go to the real world sometime, I would find it a bit of a cop-out if he uses that as a kind of re-set button...especially if it means there's no UNIT (they weren't in vid conference) and what happens if when torchwood starts again (assuming, fingers crossed, it will) and its then in a diff universe? There'll be some weird explanation though Maybe it's just leadworth that's weird? Sure the cracks and amy not knowing and rory's badge all link though XD Also, it was a bit interfering with the timelines to have the people being forced to leave the earth 1,300 or something years in the future - when we've known from prev. storylines they've been around on earth later than that...I don't know!!:confused: so much to deal with XD Interesting thing about BW though, will have to dig it out and re watch it closer :woo: :p:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I agree, I don't want a reset button. Good point about UNIT not appearing in the conference call, that was weird, oh and humans leaving Earth too - unless they were to return in the future? But if not, it would completely contradict what's happened in the past (though surely the Doctor would have commented on that?). As for Bad Wolf Bay, I don't think we ever saw a crack but it was certainly mentioned (might be a different crack though!)

I'm confused.

Why is Rory's badge relevant?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I'm confused.

His badge was issued in 1990, and assuming you can't get one until you're 18, that would make him 38 years old. It also had a very recent picture of him on it. The dates just don't match up :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    I'm confused.

Spoiler:
    Show
    It was issued in 1990, which if you think about it, doesn't work with time lines if he's around Amy's age

(Original post by secretmessages)
    His badge was issued in 1990, and assuming you can't get one until you're 18, that would make him 38 years old. It also had a very recent picture of him on it. The dates just don't match up :dontknow:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It was issued in 1990, which if you think about it, doesn't work with time lines if he's around Amy's age
    Ah I see. I didn't really notice that.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    One thing I must ask if anybody can answer it.

At the end of The Beast Below the Doctor says that he will have to kill the Starwhale to save the humans. Therefore destroying one race to save a few people. This in turn will mean that he has to change his name.
    So if this is the case, why did he not feel the need to change his name after killing his own race?

ReputationRep:
    Was it me, or did the new darlek's look a bit like the return of the power rangers??? Sorry, but again dissappointed with Dr Who.. especially this episode. Looked forward to it, and it was waayy to predictable, and over dramatised. :no: And again, the campanion is shown more superior, and is saving the day.. Taking over the Doctor's job much???

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.