TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)
    Lol which ones are non-analytical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Philosophy, History, Political Science, Communication

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    Thanks a lot.
    But pondering whether to do and all night or just go sleep now so I can wake up for fajr (5:30) lol, hard choice indeed, but i'll have a conviction within 20 mins.
    Don't stay up to revise now! Nothing will go in Tbh it's recommended to revise after Fajr... We remember and take in a lot more then... So i'd sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Don't stay up to revise now! Nothing will go in Tbh it's recommended to revise after Fajr... We remember and take in a lot more then... So i'd sleep

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not going to revise, lol I did more than 5 hours today for once.
    I am going to do more research, I doing a few different projects(hosting an access point across Birmingham so I make use internet on my phone with 3G), and I also want to read a bit about the currency's value in different countries lol.
    I just stay away all night if I had wikipedia, best thing ever for knowledge on worldly matters with super high accuracy.
    Also I am Bham where are you guys from?

Also I love history, I got A,B,A, control assessment so far I am on 28/30. But I have to retake the B- surgery, which is only 25 pages and I could try and ace it and get total A* or just be satisfied with an A, God-knows best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Seriously? History is one of the most respected and analytical subjects out there. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You talking about the Octate or whatever processor? That won't be in the first batch so really not much different both Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (I think-playing of memory- so correct me if i'm wrong). Also my dad is an android dev and he said himself that 4 processor won't do much, again correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they only 4 physical Cores and 4 Virtual, or if not then 4 are really weak (made for standby and weak tasks) and when things are getting tough the big boy comes in.
    Lately I have just been looking at the 720 and PS4 so not much phone news. But can we agree that the name of the Xerpia is the worst crap ever? I don't look at any one of them because their best one looks like the worst one- its that hard to tell the difference and whoever named them was a stupid idiot lol, A,B,C,D... yeh right.
    Oh, I thought all new S4s would have the Octate(8-core) processor well I must have been mistaken then. The S4 does have it's limitations but at the end of the day it uses a completely different architecture - a more advanced one called the A15 I think(?) - so don't know where you get the " for weak tasks from" . Those cores can be activated given the correct firmware and driver settings. Also, at the end of the day, the S4 has a higher base processor speed than the One. Don't **** off my phone. Last time I checked there weren't any Xperias named A, B, C or D.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    You talking about the Octate or whatever processor? That won't be in the first batch so really not much different both Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (I think-playing of memory- so correct me if i'm wrong). Also my dad is an android dev and he said himself that 4 processor won't do much, again correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they only 4 physical Cores and 4 Virtual, or if not then 4 are really weak (made for standby and weak tasks) and when things are getting tough the big boy comes in.
    Lately I have just been looking at the 720 and PS4 so not much phone news. But can we agree that the name of the Xerpia is the worst crap ever? I don't look at any one of them because their best one looks like the worst one- its that hard to tell the difference and whoever named them was a stupid idiot lol, A,B,C,D... yeh right.

See what I said above for CPU, Sense UI can be rooted and removed, can't it? The memory is not the best, but isn't 32GB enough? The photo is great quality, well good enough for a normal person so that's fine but what about the Screen? Samsung MUST have bought the 400+PPI technology of HTC as that was first implemeneted on the HTC J Butterfly(japan and India only) and then Droid DNA(Americas version of JButterfly). The Phone's (200 hour cutting time) body just literally melts into the hands of the user and is much superior design wise.
    The Octa-core variant uses four A15 ARM cores for the heavy duty stuff and four A7 ARM cores for the general purpose stuff as you've said above. The advantage for general power consumption is of course obvious but it also has physical grunt. See the latest AnTuTu benchmarks where the only competitor with the Samsung Exynos Octa-core is the latest Intel Atom.

32GB is enough for some people, but not for others. Premium phones like the HTC One are evidently marketed to a heavily smartphone orientated customer market, whom will likely use it heavily for videos/films/photos/apps etc. If you're limiting them to a certain capacity at the start, some people may find it a little off-putting that they have to manage their storage capacity. My phone for example has non-expandable memory and about 500MB left. I won't be making the mistake of getting non-expandable again.

Nope. Samsung developed their own 400PPI technology because they use OLED panels rather than the LCD panels on the HTC. It's well known for those following semiconductor manufacturing that OLED panels are harder to make than LCDs, especially in the kind of pixel densities we're heading towards. Quite simply, HTC took the faster way out rather than waiting for better tech because they were getting desperate and needed to compete in the smartphone market if they want to survive.

It "literally melts into the hands of its user?" I thought it was only Boeing who had a problem with heat management and their batteries. Whether it is superior design-wise is a matter of subjectivity. I've already highlighted the problems with the HTC One's all-metal construction (irreplacable battery = say hello to constant need to charge) but I agree that its design makes it very comfortable in the hand. I got to try a dev model in Three and it admittedly feels quite nice.

Agreed with all except Philosophy. Taking the subject now, Philosophy is all about analyzing the interpretation of a scenario and is in no way non-analytical.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)
    Seriously? History is one of the most respected and analytical subjects out there. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not from what I've experienced, to me it's just a lot of memorization of dates, significant events and questions which seemed to never have a right answer.

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to revise, lol I did more than 5 hours today for once.
    I am going to do more research, I doing a few different projects(hosting an access point across Birmingham so I make use internet on my phone with 3G), and I also want to read a bit about the currency's value in different countries lol.
    I just stay away all night if I had wikipedia, best thing ever for knowledge on worldly matters with super high accuracy.
    Also I am Bham where are you guys from?

Also I love history, I got A,B,A, control assessment so far I am on 28/30. But I have to retake the B- surgery, which is only 25 pages and I could try and ace it and get total A* or just be satisfied with an A, God-knows best.
    Woweee!
    And wow... You're so technical! I learnt how to "undo" on word doc like 2 years ago. Lol, you can help me with any problems i have! Why does my laptop make a sound?!

You'll get killed for saying Wiki is of high accuracy on here... Anyone can make things up on there... But i use it anyway.
    Lol

London!!!! You can post your accent on here, yours would be very different I guess!

Haha I suppose you're talking to me about history because you ghosted me before? Congrats! Alhamdullilah I've got A*'s in every module so I can get an A/B in final exam. I hope you do ace it, history is the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not from what I've experienced, to me it's just a lot of memorization of dates, significant events and questions which seemed to never have a right answer.
    I think you'll find thats the case with most gcse subjects... At higher level that is however not the case. One could say sciences are based upon memorisation too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyones basically going to defend their subject now. Lol

*gets ready for school*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jina)
    I think you'll find thats the case with most gcse subjects... At higher level that is however not the case. One could say sciences are based upon memorisation too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Memorization of knowledge that can be applied to everyday life, if not, just to understand how the world works and for example how forces and friction determine how far things move when touched
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jina)
    Everyones basically going to defend their subject now. Lol

*gets ready for school*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    Well Zon, well thats what my science teacher says.

I did maths, which I never revised for and got a B, I will retake it and ace it revision that has already started .

Also did my Science P2 Edexcel and got 80/80 UMS , Alhumdillah or Praise to god, as this is nothing which I could expect but maybe all the focus and trying paid off, and the best thing was I TOLD my teacher that Nuclear Fission or Fusion won't come up and he ignored me so I did my own thing and he taught that for 5 successive lessons before the Exam.

Good work all of you, I really need to grab Maths by the head and bring it down to my feet or else I am done for. Also sorry most of you don't know me, I just love to read a lot and I am a huge amount of Forums so I rarely post, just like to see you good guys talking and getting motivation from some of you .
    Hahaa, anytime!

I don't know how people can get 100%? I mean I can get the top grades but I can't get 100%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Woweee!
    And wow... You're so technical! I learnt how to "undo" on word doc like 2 years ago. Lol, you can help me with any problems i have! Why does my laptop make a sound?!

You'll get killed for saying Wiki is of high accuracy on here... Anyone can make things up on there... But i use it anyway.
    Lol

London!!!! You can post your accent on here, yours would be very different I guess!

Haha I suppose you're talking to me about history because you ghosted me before? Congrats! Alhamdullilah I've got A*'s in every module so I can get an A/B in final exam. I hope you do ace it, history is the best!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Umm what kind of sound? Electricity could be you battery.
    Maybe the speakers are busted? You'd need a steady hand a soldering iron and new pair of speakers or you can just do what I do and live with 90% broken things lol.
    Also no I haven't really read this as this website is kind of slow at some points, and too much writing which is useless for me to read so I just guessed when someone posted about History lol.

(Original post by Aurorae)
    The Octa-core variant uses four A15 ARM cores for the heavy duty stuff and four A7 ARM cores for the general purpose stuff as you've said above. The advantage for general power consumption is of course obvious but it also has physical grunt. See the latest AnTuTu benchmarks where the only competitor with the Samsung Exynos Octa-core is the latest Intel Atom.

32GB is enough for some people, but not for others. Premium phones like the HTC One are evidently marketed to a heavily smartphone orientated customer market, whom will likely use it heavily for videos/films/photos/apps etc. If you're limiting them to a certain capacity at the start, some people may find it a little off-putting that they have to manage their storage capacity. My phone for example has non-expandable memory and about 500MB left. I won't be making the mistake of getting non-expandable again.

Nope. Samsung developed their own 400PPI technology because they use OLED panels rather than the LCD panels on the HTC. It's well known for those following semiconductor manufacturing that OLED panels are harder to make than LCDs, especially in the kind of pixel densities we're heading towards. Quite simply, HTC took the faster way out rather than waiting for better tech because they were getting desperate and needed to compete in the smartphone market if they want to survive.

It "literally melts into the hands of its user?" I thought it was only Boeing who had a problem with heat management and their batteries. Whether it is superior design-wise is a matter of subjectivity. I've already highlighted the problems with the HTC One's all-metal construction (irreplacable battery = say hello to constant need to charge) but I agree that its design makes it very comfortable in the hand. I got to try a dev model in Three and it admittedly feels quite nice.

Agreed with all except Philosophy. Taking the subject now, Philosophy is all about analyzing the interpretation of a scenario and is in no way non-analytical.
    Oh, I thought all new S4s would have the Octate(8-core) processor well I must have been mistaken then. The S4 does have it's limitations but at the end of the day it uses a completely different architecture - a more advanced one called the A15 I think(?) - so don't know where you get the " for weak tasks from" . Those cores can be activated given the correct firmware and driver settings. Also, at the end of the day, the S4 has a higher base processor speed than the One. Don't **** off my phone. Last time I checked there weren't any Xperias named A, B, C or D.
    Xperia are by far the worst phone IMO, but everyone is different lol.
    Also too both of you guys, it seems I am to genereal, more research for me to do. But the tech I am most knowledgable about is the Xbox 360, did some major hacks to mines, Glili's RGH and some other fun things and computers and stuff. But have done a huge amount of research on radio waves and Wifi and few guys are going to try and find a few access points, make/buy a few yagi's and setup some babies . Do you guys have any interesting computer setups? I spent just over 1000 Quid on my one , I CBA if you have only laptops unless you want me to spec it out, but anyways i'm heading to my bed :P.

Also just to say I used to be a part-time Social Engineer but I quit a while back because I did not like getting things that were not mines, but I recommend stay away from it entiery unless you got a VPS so you can make a VPN or a good VPN, but you guys(like most on here) are probably much richer than me, so you needn't bother. lol. I just quit and instead of talking to them guys, I came here lol.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    It's a Saturday?
    She has a "revision" session, such a waste of a Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Hahaa, anytime!

I don't know how people can get 100%? I mean I can get the top grades but I can't get 100%?
    Dunno espically when I guessed last, the first few question and I missed out the first 3 pages as I didn't know anything about them lol, thankfully she got told me about it 3 lessons before on momentum, so at least I got physics out the way . Good luck on your future exams.

ReputationRep:
    Memorization of knowledge that can be applied to everyday life, if not, just to understand how the world works and for example how forces and friction determine how far things move when touched
    And history can't be applied to everyday life? It's what we learn from history that allows us to learn from our mistakes ... Though not so much these days. Regardless, science has elements of history too, without which you'd not be studying the basics of science even.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Hahaa, anytime!

Lol... They didn't really get 100%... It's UMS... So not raw marks. Like i got 100% on chemistry but really it was probably 54/60 marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She has a "revision" session, such a waste of a Saturday.
    Looool are you implying i wont be revising with those quotation marks? -_- Having to wake up early will kill me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Umm what kind of sound? Electricity could be you battery.
    Maybe the speakers are busted? You'd need a steady hand a soldering iron and new pair of speakers or you can just do what I do and live with 90% broken things lol.
    Also no I haven't really read this as this website is kind of slow at some points, and too much writing which is useless for me to read so I just guessed when someone posted about History lol.

Xperia are by far the worst phone IMO, but everyone is different lol.
    Also too both of you guys, it seems I am to genereal, more research for me to do. But the tech I am most knowledgable about is the Xbox 360, did some major hacks to mines, Glili's RGH and some other fun things and computers and stuff. But have done a huge amount of research on radio waves and Wifi and few guys are going to try and find a few access points, make/buy a few yagi's and setup some babies . Do you guys have any interesting computer setups? I spent just over 1000 Quid on my one , I CBA if you have only laptops unless you want me to spec it out, but anyways i'm heading to my bed :P.

Also just to say I used to be a part-time Social Engineer but I quit a while back because I did not like getting things that were not mines, but I recommend stay away from it entiery unless you got a VPS so you can make a VPN or a good VPN, but you guys(like most on here) are probably much richer than me, so you needn't bother. lol. I just quit and instead of talking to them guys, I came here lol.
    I'm actually in the process of completely overhauling an old Dell Dimension 2400 into an awe-inspiring gaming machine. I've got half my parts so far and will need to saw out the door to put in the plexi-glass. Blue LEDS all over as well... a little like this: Name:  dsc05172f.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  71.0 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.