Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Birmingham PGCE history in Apply 2. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to reply to say whether you have an interview or not? Unsure whether just to apply for Cardiff or Swansea instead because I've heard somepeople saying that B'ham usually take a while with replies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.of)
    Oh how exciting...well done on all your offers but of course I'm biased...come to Cambridge
    I've just accepted Cambridge as my firm decision! Eek!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you receive the £20000 teaching bursary whether you are still entitled to apply for other grants ( adult dependency, parent, maintenance etc)?

ReputationRep:
    How long did people get when University of Birmingham e-mailed you saying you have an interview and the actual interview day? Was it over a week or just a few days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomasawdry)
    Does anyone know if you receive the £20000 teaching bursary whether you are still entitled to apply for other grants ( adult dependency, parent, maintenance etc)?
    Afaik the teaching bursary has no effect on any other finance. The bursary is designed to draw people in to teaching and is nothing to do with whether the candidate needs the money.

Xxz

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    About the bursary... I need some advice. I'm doing r.e so I don't get one but I'm applying to external places. I don't really know what reason to give for it though. No-one needs the bursary because we all get ample student loans, but of course it would be nice. I don't just want to put down that I want it because it's money though haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyedkid)
    Applied for Birmingham PGCE history in Apply 2. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for them to reply to say whether you have an interview or not? Unsure whether just to apply for Cardiff or Swansea instead because I've heard somepeople saying that B'ham usually take a while with replies.
    I haven't heard from them at all and I'm in apply 1! I don't know if they are still processing applications or if it will just go to automatic rejection?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Last month (16th December) , I submitted an application for a PGCE in Secondary History, and my choices were Birmingham University, Nottingham University and Manchester Metropolitan University. Manchester Metropolitan Uni had closed their course before Christmas as was full, and so I am still waiting on hearing from the other two unis, and I am still in Apply 1. I was wondering if anyone knows how long it may usually take to hear back if you got a rejection or interview? Is there anyone that has applied to these unis for a PGCE?

Also, is there anyone else who has applied for PGCE History aswell? It would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone got interview for secondary maths PGCE at kings college?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an interview for Strathclyde University on 29th January?

Got my interview invitation through yesterday so trying to find any others going.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/578403465581896/
    If anyone is going to do a Primary/Early Years PGCE at Cambridge Uni, then feel free to add yourself to the facebook page I've made, so hopefully we can get to know other people before we get there The link is just above!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Crazy. I have been waiting since mid December and heard nothing.This morning I got an email with an interview on the 30th. Minutes ago I got an email saying I have an interview on the 29th!
    Talking about timing.
    Im still waiting to hear from my choices too, so annoying when my peers have heard and already had interviews. Good luck with yours!

ReputationRep:
    For the Primary PGCE, can we choose the school that we do our placement at?

ReputationRep:
    Hey every1, I got a conditional offer at Bradford College today.Any1 else who went for interview on 22nd January with an offer?It'd be lovely to get in touch.Nana. x

ReputationRep:
    I am so thrilled that I got an offer for PGCE secondary MFL at Kingston University!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    For the Primary PGCE, can we choose the school that we do our placement at?
    Usually, no.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    edit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Usually, no.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The school that I am currently working in (as a TA) has told me that I can do my placement with them. Would that make any difference? x

ReputationRep:
    The school that I am currently working in (as a TA) has told me that I can do my placement with them. Would that make any difference? x
    Possibly. Your uni will be more precise with info so I'd definitely contact them. My uni didn't allow placements at schools you had links with so that would have been out of the question anyway, and I think many unis have similar rules, along with the fact that placements are tricky to organise so after considering everyones transport options, connections, age ranges and childcare needs etc there isn't much room for preference. However, I can't speak for all unis and it's not impossible that your uni
    does it differently and may allow it.

Xxx
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At St Mary's you can choose 2 of your 3 placements. So you could go back to the school for 2 out of the 3 blocks.
    Also they love it if you have got somewhere to go so they don't need to find you a school. Try and mention it somehow on your interview day if your reference hasn't already said it x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.