Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    anyone doing maths, further maths, chemistry physics & biology?
    Meee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Meee
    have you made a revision timetable?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    IT? That's about using software (noobage imo ), I want to learn how the software is made so computing is where it's at! We get to program stuff, not yet, but I've started A2 revision already

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's your binary skills like?

Pascal syntax is quite easy thus far, but admittedly we haven't covered much of it yet. Binary and computational problems are the only other topics we've covered so far.

Learning Python outside of lessons before moving on to C++.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    What's your binary skills like?

Pascal syntax is quite easy thus far, but admittedly we haven't covered much of it yet. Binary and computational problems are the only other topics we've covered so far.

Learning Python outside of lessons before moving on to C++.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

The extent of my binary knowledge is what the letters A and B are, so my skills are pretty poor

I've never heard of Pascal syntax before, and if I'm honest I'm at the point of begging my teacher for proper lesson topics, instead of learning what a G.U.I is.

I did do a sort of taster in java and python coding online which seemed interesting as well as being easy to comprehend. Fingers crossed the A2 coursework programming project will be a walk in the park. What resources are using to learn python?

ReputationRep:
    For my Psychology homework I have to write up a side of A4 on something interesting that is related to psychology...

So what could I write about? I really want to write about Albert Fish... but I'm not too sure how I can relate him to psychology...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmorga1)
    Thanks very much!

The copying up notes suggestion sounds really useful, i'll have to get copying right away haha, thanks for the revision tips too
    You're very welcome! I'm glad that I could help. (sorry this is a bit late, I think Sixth Form is trying to kill me with homework).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    I do! I’d say about 30-40% of my school get the train, there’s not a school in the village I live in so pretty much everyone gets the train/bus to school, though with both there can be a fair bit of hassle involving changing trains/buses to get to certain schools and colleges The public transport isn’t great, and not very regular, but it’s the most practical option. How do you get to school ? I will do indeed! Oh dear indeed, that does sound awful :/ Oh I know, I’m happy with the way I keep stuff, I have my own little organisational plan and I’m happy with it, but at least at uni they allow you to be a little more independent regarding it

You poor thing :/ I’ve never ever had double PE at school, it’s great Are you still alive?? Ah dear. That’s quite silly, lockers should be free. Ours are like swimming pool ones, where you leave a £1 deposit in them, however people bag them and leave their stuff in overnight and over the holidays, so no one else can use them, and there are about 100 and there are around 250-ish people in Sixth Form :/

Really? That seems pretty weird to me, but awesome all the same! I live in a village without a secondary school too - I either get the bus into the nearest town and then walk about a mile and a half to school, or get a lift with an older friend who has a car but as he's in y13 and can stay at home during frees, he doesn't always plan to arrive/ leave school at the same time as me. So the bus is more normal. I completely understand about the hassle of public transport! The bus I get is a public bus and they're forever running late, or randomly changing the timetable so everyone misses the bus and we all get in trouble at school (as it's a public bus schol never believes it's late. They think we should all get a 'proper school bus', but although the village has one it's like £4.50 a day for a return ticket, which is just far too expensive for lots of families - my family could never pay that for three kids). Yeah, the independance of uni is so much better in so many ways.

You've never had double PE?? :eek: I had a double and single lesson of PE through years 7, 8 and 9... in y10 it went down to just one double a week and that's what it is in Sixth Form, but still! You are so lucky. I'm not sure on the alive front, I had double fitness last lesson, it felt like I was dying... Oh yeah, there's nowhere near enough lockers in my school either! None at all in Sixth Form - they're spread around the lower school because by Sixth Form most people are fed up of paying for them and just don't bother any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    have you made a revision timetable?
    Nope not really for now I'm revising each subject the day before a lesson, I'll probably make a timetable by end of October for my January mocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcat)
    Do they give out subject awards as well? My school gives out awards for each subject in each key stage and then has awards for the best GCSE/A Level results.
    Yeah subject awards and basically awards for everything

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone coping with the workload so far? I'm not getting too much homework, so I'm aiming to bring my work-outside-class quota up to 4.5 hours per subject through revision, though this week I'm skipping extra maths because we haven't covered anything new yet.

ReputationRep:
    hey I need some help with AS level physics questions

ReputationRep:
    Went with my boyfriend to Sheffield University open day yesterday. I'm moving to Sheffield next year with him and doing my A2 at a different sixth form and hopefully will be off to Sheffield Hallam. Was so weird though seeing Uni and I'm just afraid I'll flop my A Levels or flop at uni

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else doing doing History, English Literature, Philosophy and Economics?

ReputationRep:
    besides the fact that we can't do exams in january anymore, how else are AS levels getting harder?

ReputationRep:
    Micheal Gove is personally holding your family hostage and you'll never see them again if you excel at anything other than Maths or history, because those are the only subjects he cares about. That's how.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Nope not really for now I'm revising each subject the day before a lesson, I'll probably make a timetable by end of October for my January mocks
    i'm doing that too lol, trying to get ahead of the class :cool:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    I've had quite a bit of homework so far but I think I'm coping. I've hardly had any for English Language, but for Spanish, French and English Literature I've had quite a lot. We're reading Shakespeare at the moment and it's quite hard to understand, but I just found a revision aid thing on TSR so I'm gonna look at that! I'm looking forward to after the coursework when we study the novels because I love them and should be able to understand them well.

I still love Spanish and French; they feel so rewarding! I keep practising vocab and grammar regularly, so if I keep going hopefully I will do ok. The exam papers they showed us look really hard but a lot of them are grammar based. If I keep working at it they should begin to look a little easier...

ReputationRep:
    Don't seem to be getting that much homework at the moment, but I'm not complaining
    Wish I'd done History, as they're studying the cold war and I've been fascinated by that, but doubt I'd cope with the homework to do by the time all the other subjects start mounting it up too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    For my Psychology homework I have to write up a side of A4 on something interesting that is related to psychology...

So what could I write about? I really want to write about Albert Fish... but I'm not too sure how I can relate him to psychology...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh, psychology! There's tonnes of stuff to write about!

Interesting experiments that spring to mind are Milgram, and Philip Zimbardo's Stanford Prison. Look both of those up; I suspect it'd be easier to write more about the latter though. Fascinating stuff about the mindsets people can have. Sorry I can't explain it better, but you'll know what I mean if you look them up.

Sigmund Freud is considered the founder of psychoanalysis iirc, you could do something of a mini-biography of him and all the things he did. Then there's Carl Jung, arguably the better of the two.

Yeah, tonnes of stuff.

This is an interesting website for anyone studying psychology btw: PsyBlog. Great website of psych-related studies with completely comprehensible jargon. They even give you links/articles for further reading.

Psychology falls into the category of subjects that I find superb, just not the sort of subject I'd like to study formally and sit exams in. Shame really.

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to keep up with the masses of homework yet alone start on any revision/extra work haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.