Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    I don't see why some are saying their interviews were horrible. What could they have possibly asked that made you think that?
    What is your biggest weakness. :cry2:.. I was offended. Was thinking, please re-look at my CV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAmanze)
    I don't see why some are saying their interviews were horrible. What could they have possibly asked that made you think that?
    sometimes you just know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidOgbe)
    Who did you contact to apply pressure?
    Lloyd himself. Seriously, just wrote to someone from HR I knew from before...it would be even better if you call the HR directly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paradeplatz)
    Lloyd himself. Seriously, just wrote to someone from HR I knew from before...it would be even better if you call the HR directly!
    many wow. such strong. alot impress.

This made me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    Sounds like you made it through the first round. Congrats bro
    based on...? i said i wouldnt condone unethical behavior from a friend? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    What is your biggest weakness. :cry2:.. I was offended. Was thinking, please re-look at my CV.
    they did look at your cv. it was a troll q, you were meant to say none mofo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mralpha)
    I actually have an interview at CS the 29nd and was given it maybe 5 days ago, so dont really know there. But a friend spoke to HR at GS, most interviews will be given out during next week. Only people who had other offers and contacted GS personally got an interview I would reckon.
    really? for ibd/equities? :confused: i thought they were near done, clearly not then... was there any later dates open than 29th? i emailed gs hr last monday, she said they would do that too, expect a lot of ints given out next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Why was it 30 minutes. I was told they only had 20 mins.
    she was like, yes its going to take roundabout 20 minutes and that i should keep my answers short. I was like "alright", but she kept asking question after question and it was definitely not like that my answers were too long... in the end i would almost reply to every question with 1-2 sentences maximum...
    so it were 31 minutes in total

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProjectNr2)
    Mine wasnt good either.... I was well prepared for the questions some people told me but then she started off completly different which tossed me out of my concept a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what did she start with that was odd/what qs confused you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolkenkratzer)
    I had my interview like 10 days or so ago and heard back yesterday
    How did you think your interview went? Final ms that is

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I have a 1st round interview with Goldman Sachs on 20 Jan. Extremely nervous about it. I think 1st round includes competency based questions only. Any tips, suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidOgbe)
    How did you think your interview went? Final ms that is
    I would say that the first one went okay and the second one was great. All in all, no completely unexpected questions and very friendly interviewers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolkenkratzer)
    I would say that the first one went okay and the second one was great. All in all, no completely unexpected questions and very friendly interviewers
    When did you have your interview and when did you get a reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegeboy7)
    Guys, I have a 1st round interview with Goldman Sachs on 20 Jan. Extremely nervous about it. I think 1st round includes competency based questions only. Any tips, suggestions?
    What division is this for? And when did you hear back?
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    really? for ibd/equities? :confused: i thought they were near done, clearly not then... was there any later dates open than 29th? i emailed gs hr last monday, she said they would do that too, expect a lot of ints given out next week
    Yeah, Ibd, equities and fixed income. I think I chose the last spot, ie 29th 17-18 lol. But don't know if they gonna put some more dates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Illusionist)
    What division is this for? And when did you hear back?
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanx . The division is investment banking and I got the email this Friday. Do you have any idea about the number of people invited to interview? How many of them does Goldman reject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmptyBroadway)
    Hi there! Has anybody had a telephone interview with RBS? If so, how did it go?
    Passed in Nov. Standard comp/motivational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by collegeboy7)
    Thanx . The division is investment banking and I got the email this Friday. Do you have any idea about the number of people invited to interview? How many of them does Goldman reject?
    I got an invite too, it's my first interview haha and I feel so unprepared :/ ah well. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been invited for gs tech?

ReputationRep:
    GS: How many students are invited to interview (1st round)?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.