Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    People mocked the atmosphere at Anfield - considering the capacity of the Bernabeu is nearly double that of Anfield, this atmosphere is hardly electric.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao at Townsend's: 'Uhh back post'

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool have played well so far tbh which has surprised me so far.

ReputationRep:
    Basel score again!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    2-0 Basel.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Tyldesley: "It's far from a one-sided game..."

We haven't had any shots, Clive.

ReputationRep:
    basel 2 - ludo 0

means you guys will have to wait for the final group game to qualify, with only a win being good enough.

I wonder how basel will aproach that match, if they will come out firing or just try and play for the draw..

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo has looked off tonight

ReputationRep:
    Shame about conceding but decent half from Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    We're getting players into good positions, we just can't pick them out quick enough., need that execution. I'd bring on Coutinho for Allen or Lallana

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as I expected, impressed with Can and Markovic (and I never thought I'd say that).

ReputationRep:
    Good of you all to take positives from such a dire performance.

Liverpool 4-0 Madrid

Madrid 0-1 Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Tyldesley: "It's far from a one-sided game..."

We haven't had any shots, Clive.
    We've played well but let's not kid ourselves; it has been chance after chance for Madrid.

We're had decent spells of possession but it's the same problem as always - we just can't create chances...

ReputationRep:
    Coutinho would help with the final ball, thats what is lacking atm.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually liking our second team more than first team now since they've been working their asses off. Can has looked pretty good tonight, still got a long way to go but his energy has been great.

I'm annoyed at Allen not being able to deliver the final ball though, I still don't think he's Liverpool quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Coutinho would help with the final ball, thats what is lacking atm.
    We've just been really timid and passive going forward, Coutinho will take some risks and with some of the positions we are getting into he'll at least engineer a shot every now and then

ReputationRep:
    Loving the half time music :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, people maon at that lineup, and say it's disrespectful, but what can really be have done to improve it? Sterling and Gerrard need a rest, Sterling is burning out atm for example and would just be anonymous if he played this one. Coutinho doesn't play well if he does more than one game a week as well, and both Sterling and Coutinho better used as impact subs at this stage I would say. Balotelli isn't the right option to start at the Bernabeu clearly.

Playing Lucas and Can is surely a more defensive unit, and apart from Toure it's a complete back 5. It's generally quite a hard working side apart from Markovic, you can also see why Borini is playng over Balotelli. You need everyone to be fighting hard, with no passengers. I've only just got back from work and haven't see it, but i would imagine that's how it has panned out.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I long for the days of Andrea Dossena.

ReputationRep:
    Heart attack everytime we attempt to play the ball out

Hopefully we can engineer at least one chance for Borini, working his ass off

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.