Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carcinoma)
    On a more positive note, at least hospitals are probably some of the safest places. Not even the craziest gangsters will loot and smash a hospital.
    I was told a fight broke out in Kings I think. Rival gangs brought to the same hospital...I can't verify it though...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I was told a fight broke out in Kings I think. Rival gangs brought to the same hospital...I can't verify it though...
    That is a daily occurance at Kings. They always bring both victims to Kings as its usually the closest hospital, for stabbing and such. They are used to that there.

ReputationRep:
    On a more positive note, at least hospitals are probably some of the safest places. Not even the craziest gangsters will loot and smash a hospital.
    No, but it's not exactly unknown for people to come in to "finish the job."
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No, but it's not exactly unknown for people to come in to "finish the job."
    But this is more about destruction of property, and damage to police rather than to each other.

ReputationRep:
    But this is more about destruction of property, and damage to police rather than to each other.
    Yes. Still, would you fancy being in A&E with a collection of injured policemen, injured and angry rioters, some of whom might be under arrest by colleagues of the injured policemen, and their families?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Still, would you fancy being in A&E with a collection of injured policemen, injured and angry rioters, some of whom might be under arrest by colleagues of the injured policemen, and their families?
    Honestly, I probably would. (but then again I have issues)

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be an experience. Something to tell the grand-kids :p:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham:

Riot police are protecting the Children's Hospital as rioters have gotten so close.. :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edcourageous)
    Birmingham:
    I think it may be time for Genocide the army, Croydon is practically all on fire.

ReputationRep:
    I actually didn't think Whitechapel could become less inviting.

All it took was a bunch of mindless thugs to prove me wrong

ReputationRep:
    Feck, we've just remembered that my fiancé has to go to Lewisham tomorrow for a hospital appt. :s:

ReputationRep:
    Feck, we've just remembered that my fiancé has to go to Lewisham tomorrow for a hospital appt. :s:
    Eek! Hope he's ok.

ReputationRep:
    been working on the flat in camden all summer, only came back to wales this week for a few gigs, ****ing glad mum came with me.. hope everyone still in london's alright!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by speedystef)
    I actually didn't think Whitechapel could become less inviting.

All it took was a bunch of mindless thugs to prove me wrong
    It's happening at Whitechapel? I reckon some of the hardcore Muslims will try to defend the area...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanley90)
    It's happening at Whitechapel? I reckon some of the hardcore Muslims will try to defend the area...
    "A gang of vandals broke the windows of an Islamic bank in Whitechapel but were chased off by a rival gang of 100 Muslim youths who are standing guard outside the East London Mosque."

ReputationRep:
    Lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edcourageous)
    Birmingham: Riot police are protecting the Children's Hospital as rioters have gotten so close.. :/
    I don't normally let on where I am on the internet, but I'm locuming single shifts so less bothered - I am there, at BCH, I got caught up in the middle of the Bham riots earlier this evening trying to get to work (BCH is right next to the area of town where they've been doing most of the looting and smashing. I have lived in Birmingham many years, have never seen it like this. I am rather terriefied of how i'm going to get to work for the rest of the week, as I don't think tonight'll be the last of it.

And people tell me I'm daft to go go off to Africa because it's dangerous...

ReputationRep:
    Waking to the sound of police sirens...

Apparently they've smashed up our local shopping centre. Just hope the Tube is still working.

ReputationRep:
    I love it was only a week ago the whole country was all 'oooh, London 2012, venues finished in time, aren't we brilliant, won't it be wonderful' and now London and bits the rest of the country are being smashed up. Also disgusted that people were attacking the paramedics. Attacking police is deplorable but given the background of the unrest slightly understandable. Attacking paramedics? That's just not on.

Slight disclaimer in that I'm a small city girl and have rarely been to London so don't really know where places in it are or how big it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Is it? They food poisoned me once & so never gone back! Krispy Kreme on the otherhand...

Will be wondering into town later - hope some shops will be open, I would like to buy things. :rolleyes:

Wow... 2 neg reps from medic forum lurkers for that - intriguing!
    Guess people feel strongly about chicken or not paying for the things they take home. :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.