Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    I've seen her in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time which she's currently in and she was very good then. Trailer didn't particularly enthuse me so hoping that Moffat's writing doesn't let her down.
    Shame we have to reserve judgement for at least another 12 months

ReputationRep:
    MOFFATS LEAVING WOOIT WOOT! MOFFAT IS LEAVING! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!
    OH YEAH!

The video in the first post is so funny! Amy and 11 are probbably one of my favorite pairs!

We need to start this thread up again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hilly1)
    Actually can't wait! Jenna Louise Coleman has got big shoes to fill!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I personally think clara is one of the worst companions... She has her good bits and bad as all the others do-but she isnt as good
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    MOFFATS LEAVING WOOIT WOOT! MOFFAT IS LEAVING! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!
    OH YEAH!

The video in the first post is so funny! Amy and 11 are probbably one of my favorite pairs!

We need to start this thread up again....
    Only about 6 months late there Rick...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am sooo exited for series 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    after all this time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    after all this time
    Always

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    after all this time
    (Original post by Aula)
    Always

:cry2:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'm now watching the entire series and so can say a few things based on the first three seasons..

Series 1 - Budget was too low but Captain Jack is brilliant, they should bring him back even if the Doctor does now know that he's the Face Of Boe

Series 2 - Pretty good, the episode around the black hole was very well written, the Cybermen should feature more heavily in the show

Series 3 - Was not a massive fan of Martha but the series was extremely well written with a marked increase in the quality of the episodes compared to the first two seasons. John Simms is the perfect Master, they should have dragged him back. Blink is (i say this as somebody who does not really do emotion for TV) an absolutely brilliant episode in terms of actually being a bit chilling. They should feature the Weeping Angels more.

Also i hate the new opening sequence with the clocks and stuff, the one for series 3 is brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I'm now watching the entire series and so can say a few things based on the first three seasons..

Series 1 - Budget was too low but Captain Jack is brilliant, they should bring him back even if the Doctor does now know that he's the Face Of Boe

Series 2 - Pretty good, the episode around the black hole was very well written, the Cybermen should feature more heavily in the show

Series 3 - Was not a massive fan of Martha but the series was extremely well written with a marked increase in the quality of the episodes compared to the first two seasons. John Simms is the perfect Master, they should have dragged him back. Blink is (i say this as somebody who does not really do emotion for TV) an absolutely brilliant episode in terms of actually being a bit chilling. They should feature the Weeping Angels more.

Also i hate the new opening sequence with the clocks and stuff, the one for series 3 is brilliant.
    I agree, I think Dalek, Parting of the Ways, The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, Blink and the Sound of Drums arc were some of the best episodes to date. I think they should be careful not to overuse villains like the Weeping Angels though to keep the threat serious.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's a bit of a shame that they showed us them moving in later episodes too, Moffat completely disregarded the lore about them not having a choice in turning to stone. Now they can apparently move when they 'think' they aren't being watched, like in Toy Story lol

ReputationRep:
    Hey fellow Whovians! I'm new here, but after watching the entire "new" Dr Who series in two months flat (not sure if that's something to be proud of, tbh ), figured that I probably count as a Dr Who fan, soo...
    Current fave line is a tough choice, but possibly the one about his hearts "beating like a samba" XD (in an episode quite early on)
    Does anyone know when the next season is out?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yet to attempt fish fingers and custard, tho... XP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Hey fellow Whovians! I'm new here, but after watching the entire "new" Dr Who series in two months flat (not sure if that's something to be proud of, tbh ), figured that I probably count as a Dr Who fan, soo...
    Current fave line is a tough choice, but possibly the one about his hearts "beating like a samba" XD (in an episode quite early on)
    Does anyone know when the next season is out?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yet to attempt fish fingers and custard, tho... XP
    Welcome! I've heard rumours that the new series will begin in April 2017, but that's unconfirmed. It's filming now so it'll likely be early/mid next year. Too long anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toughtee)
    Welcome! I've heard rumours that the new series will begin in April 2017, but that's unconfirmed. It's filming now so it'll likely be early/mid next year. Too long anyway!
    Ahh, pity. lol ironic that I got interested in the dr who desert period. At least it's not the mid-to-late nineties! I guess we can just sit back and watch and re-watch (and re-re-watch) all the episodes and minisodes, memorise all the good quotes, buy a pair of sandshoes, a fez, a bow-tie, a purple coat and a pair of sunglasses (just for a mix-up) and a nice, long scarf for the retro look...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Toughtee)
    Isn't it meant to be January I heard? Because they are giving Moffat a big send off.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Moffat to leave tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Isn't it meant to be January I heard? Because they are giving Moffat a big send off.
    Nope, the new series definitely starts in April - Capaldi confirmed it. There's a Christmas special in December though!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Nope, the new series definitely starts in April - Capaldi confirmed it. There's a Christmas special in December though!
    Oh mid exam revision season... Of course they would do that to us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Oh mid exam revision season... Of course they would do that to us.
    Yep, now they're just giving me reasons to procrastinate revision! As it's 12 episodes it'll end up finishing during exam season as well, which is annoying.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Yep, now they're just giving me reasons to procrastinate revision! As it's 12 episodes it'll end up finishing during exam season as well, which is annoying.
    Oh yeah, 12 episodes means it'll finish late June -mid July.
    And it probably won't be great.. At least study kitchens get free tv licences and a freeview TV.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    Ahh, pity. lol ironic that I got interested in the dr who desert period. At least it's not the mid-to-late nineties! I guess we can just sit back and watch and re-watch (and re-re-watch) all the episodes and minisodes, memorise all the good quotes, buy a pair of sandshoes, a fez, a bow-tie, a purple coat and a pair of sunglasses (just for a mix-up) and a nice, long scarf for the retro look...
    Yeah I'd take anything (bar Colin Baker's era) over the nineties... Yeah let's just fill the void by buying all the merchandise!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.