Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    I imagine most the time they're below expectations because people hope for the best. But then again a lot of people are pessimistic.
    Every results day I've had results below my expectations generally its because I'm so arrogant but this time I have a chance for that to change because for the first time ever I am certain that I have failed an exam in Geography and if I'm wrong about that I will be happy.Every Results Day I've failed an exam in Jan 11 it was German Listening,in June 2011 it was the English Language exam, in Jan 2012 it was both C1 and P1, in June 2012 it was my Geography unit 2 exam and in Jan 2013 it was my Geography unit 2 resit.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering did anyone on here do OCR English Language.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    A few days ago I was thinking about how bad it would be if it was raining on results day and the water got through the envelope and paper and the water had smudged the ink in such a way that you could tell whether a grade was an A or an A*, after waiting so long I'm starting to get nervous about whether I'll actually get to receive my results this is getting ridiculous now.
    Don't you get your results inside school??:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Thoughts about Results Day:

nopenopenopedon'twannagodon'tmak emepleaseohgodno
    If I do really badly in my results, I will be so upset that Results Day didn't come later because noone wants to come to terms with the fact that they've failed.

ReputationRep:
    Im just in fear of doing worse than my worst case scenario :afraid:
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    Does anyone think Maths, Physics, Further maths and Chemistry is too much for A-levels?
    I know a few of my friends who are doing this combination and are interested in pursuing a career in engineering.

Personally, I don't know you therefore I can't completely say if you're 100% capable of handling them .

All I can say is that if you achieved a good enough grade at GCSE and are willing to work hard for the next two years then you should be able to do it.

There will be moments where you'll want to pull your hair out but stick with it and surely you'll reap the rewards.

From personal experience maths isn't too bad as long as you have the natural affinity and are willing to practice day in and day out.

Make sure you understand everything in class and if you don't understand anything then ask. There's no harm in asking.

Make sure you're equipped with everything you need e.g calculators.

Hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries for most exam boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR) should be released Wednesday 21 August At 06:00 (GMT), like every year since the concepts induction.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sr234)
    Im just in fear that im going to do worse than my worst case scenario :afraid:
    Well how about we set your worst case scenario to be all Us. I'm sure you can't do worse than getting all Us

I'm just kidding, I'm sure you'll do fine and it's not the end of the world if you don't get your chosen place etc.

Just think positive, if you've worked hard then you'll get the grade you deserve.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by NedSchool)
    Grade boundaries for most exam boards (AQA, Edexcel, OCR) should be released Wednesday 21 August At 06:00 (GMT), like every year since the concepts induction.
    School have access to results before 6 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darnell LD97)
    Does anyone think Maths, Physics, Further maths and Chemistry is too much for A-levels?
    I'm doing it, and I'm borderline retarded, so you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    good luck you guys I've done my GCSEs and I remember what it was like. No matter how bad you do it isnt the end of the day.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Stickyelmo)
    good luck you guys I've done my GCSEs and I remember what it was like. No matter how bad you do it isnt the end of the day.
    What did you get? If you don't mind me asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zed963)
    Well how about we set your worst case scenario to be all Us. I'm sure you can't do worse than getting all Us

I'm just kidding, I'm sure you'll do fine and it's not the end of the world if you don't get your chosen place etc.

Just think positive, if you've worked hard then you'll get the grade you deserve.
    :giggle: I'll get into college whatever my grades are because they are not particularly fussed, just don't want to disappoint myself Thanks Good luck! Not long now, Listening to calming music to relax my nerves:cool: Lol it really does help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theskyisblu)
    I am sooooo scared because this is actually my re-take year (am in year 12).So there is sooo much pressure, this is my one and only last chance
    Best of luck to you. I'm sure you did well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by sr234)
    :giggle: I'll get into college whatever my grades are because they are not particularly fussed, just don't want to disappoint myself Thanks Good luck! Not long now, Listening to calming music to relax my nerves:cool: Lol it really does help!
    Thanks.

I can just imagine all results on the computer waiting to be sent. Our destiny has already been written, how horrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    Every results day I've had results below my expectations generally its because I'm so arrogant but this time I have a chance for that to change because for the first time ever I am certain that I have failed an exam in Geography and if I'm wrong about that I will be happy.Every Results Day I've failed an exam in Jan 11 it was German Listening,in June 2011 it was the English Language exam, in Jan 2012 it was both C1 and P1, in June 2012 it was my Geography unit 2 exam and in Jan 2013 it was my Geography unit 2 resit.
    I've never failed. My worst ever exam performance was C, 1 UMS off a B in the English Language exam where WJEC came under fire for harsh marking.

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck to everyone did anybody do OCR Geography A? or looking at starting AQA AS Geography in September?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh so nervous! Just wondering if anyone knew how much UMS 37/50 would be in an ISA for AQA Core Science? 41+/50 was 100 UMS. Dunno what I got though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    by the way, last year in yr10 i did 9 exams. i got the results for those specific exams.

but this year will we just get our overall subject grade results? will we get the results for the exams we did this year or is it just everything added up all together.

i want to know how well i did in some exams and stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaze)
    by the way, last year in yr10 i did 9 exams. i got the results for those specific exams.

but this year will we just get our overall subject grade results? will we get the results for the exams we did this year or is it just everything added up all together.

i want to know how well i did in some exams and stuff like that
    you mean individual marks for papers/coursework etc.? if so, then yes

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.