ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhw)
    Atletico Madrid had a 5.1m euros bid accepted for David Villa omd

Also, Mario Gomez is going to Fiorentina

Our Higuain bid was apparently non-existent

Hard to keep the faith for this summer really
    source?

ReputationRep:
    Lewandowski, Falcao, Gomez, Cavani, Villa .. the PL isn't doing so well with its striker transfer targets.. is it? Higuan the only 'big target' left for anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    source?
    http://t.co/O4E5cvwGYN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    source?
    http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/arseb...3/s8ifK4B0LTU/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Lewandowski, Falcao, Gomez, Cavani, Villa .. the PL isn't doing so well with its striker transfer targets.. is it? Higuan the only 'big target' left for anyone?
    That's a depressing thought... About the EPL I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I find it hard to believe we bid £30m for Suarez but the sources are good and it fits in with the sudden rush of betting on him joining us last week. It's good to see that the club is willing to spend that kind of money, but I'm naturally pessimistic about Suarez. I certainly wouldn't go above £35m for him with all his baggage, his talent warrants more but he's also a class one mentalist. I do like his ruthless, dirty streak though, the guys a winner and it can be an infuriating yet brilliant quality to have. I don't think Liverpool will sell him to us for a price we want though, so I can't see this happening.

Anyway, hopefully it's a sign of things to come that the club is spending money, I knew this point would come eventually but now it's here it's weird to be even linked with actual established players. The club is in such a good position now going forward, we've had to be patient but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dami_O)
    That's a depressing thought... About the EPL I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a bigger chance this season (Suarez + Rooney) the Premier Leagues striking quality will get significantly worse than any better, which considering the strikers at the clubs like Chelsea + Spurs + Arsenal in comparison to past players, its not exactly good news!

ReputationRep:
    Being an Arsenal fan, it pains me that I am relatively confident we'll do almost nothing this summer. The Suarez bid was in my opinion just a backup PR move so when we don't buy anyone the board and AW can say "errr, we looked but we could not find quality of high enough quality for the belief in our quality club for the right price"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Mate, we literally have 150m in cash reserves sitting in Natwest. We could afford your entire first team...

Saying that, its obvious that we're using Suarez to force Real into action.

And Suarez is worth 40m ish excluding all the aggro he comes with. Including it he's worth less.
    If that is the case why do arsenal still charge the most in the league?

ReputationRep:
    There is a bigger chance this season (Suarez + Rooney) the Premier Leagues striking quality will get significantly worse than any better, which considering the strikers at the clubs like Chelsea + Spurs + Arsenal in comparison to past players, its not exactly good news!
    Oh no I definitely agree with you... It's just depressing that's all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Spurs have a glorious tradition of top strikers like Peter Crouch and Freddie Kanoute...

Agree otherwise though. But top strikers are in short supply all over Europe. Its frankly ridiculous how many top attacking midfielders there are compared with top strikers.

(Original post by cost)
    If that is the case why do arsenal still charge the most in the league?
    Because they can. 20.000+ on the season ticket waiting list and most Arsenal fans these days are quite wealthy. Arsenal are absolutely shameless in milking the fanbase for every last shilling.

ReputationRep:
    Why look for strikers abroad theres decent quality in the English League's including Benteke, Michu and Remy just to name a few. And they'll be available for less than £20/£25 million plus they've all proven themselves in the Premier League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Why look for strikers abroad theres decent quality in the English League's including Benteke, Michu and Remy just to name a few. And they'll be available for less than £20/£25 million plus they've all proven themselves in the Premier League.
    One good season does not make a player proven Premier league quality. Those players aren't good enough for Arsenal simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    if you play in the EPL or if your english then your price is increased by atleast 50% IMO. Tbh I wouldn't be too disappointed if we ended up buying Jackson Martinez seeing the way things are going atm.

other than benteke I dont think any of those players you mentioned would be an improvement on our current first team in any way and benteke would cost a fortune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwndonTwn)
    Being an Arsenal fan, it pains me that I am relatively confident we'll do almost nothing this summer. The Suarez bid was in my opinion just a backup PR move so when we don't buy anyone the board and AW can say "errr, we looked but we could not find quality of high enough quality for the belief in our quality club for the right price"
    Your probably right, he did the same thing with Gotze last summer....

ReputationRep:
    Jackson Martinez is where it's at

I'd love have Porto scouting system which manages to captire these prolific goal scorers

Lopez, hulk, falcao, Martinez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)

I'd love have Porto scouting system which manages to captire these prolific goal scorers

Their scouting system mo is all about been a whore to third party ownership.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...onzalo-Higuain

FFS.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niceguy95)

that will be tough to emulate, they made like a £350mill profit on player sales alone in the last 10 years or something. Plus we literally never buy south americans in recent times atleast

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.