Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    At St Mary's you can choose 2 of your 3 placements. So you could go back to the school for 2 out of the 3 blocks.
    Also they love it if you have got somewhere to go so they don't need to find you a school. Try and mention it somehow on your interview day if your reference hasn't already said it x *

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that's great, makes it all so much easier travelling wise too. Still waiting for St Mary's to respond to my application, it's been over a month and i haven't even received an acknowledgment email yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    Ah that's great, makes it all so much easier travelling wise too. Still waiting for St Mary's to respond to my application, it's been over a month and i haven't even received an acknowledgment email yet!
    Oh really! The admissions lady is usually very efficient. There may have been a big rush of applicants or something. Sometimes UCAS track doesn't update as well - hang in there xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Hi. Yes it is from BG. Had an email from the admissions team but had nothing updated on track!
    Had my official track offer through today did you get yours? X

ReputationRep:
    If you have an interview at a uni in the future but you know that they are full (and are telling people that they are full) then is it possible for UCAS to withdraw that choice so that you can apply elsewhere? I'm assuming no but if you don't ask you don't get...

ReputationRep:
    Hi can anyone help/offer advice. I'm in apply 2 and I've searched for primary vacancies and seen leeds met have vacancies through the general course search, but when I'm logged into track and on 'add a choice' Leeds met doesn't show up.. Is this because I'm in apply 2? It's really strange !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerryE5)
    Had my official track offer through today did you get yours? X
    Hi yes I did too 😀. Are you planning on accepting BG as your first choice x

ReputationRep:
    Why would they interview people for a course with no places on it? Does this actually happen? I have an interview on the 29tj for PGCE History at Edge Hill and the course closed to applications recently but I would have assumed that was because they have enough applications to sift through at the moment.

I would not be impressed at all if I was going to interview for a place on a course that did not exist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sara Jayne)
    Hi yes I did too 😀. Are you planning on accepting BG as your first choice x
    I think so still not 100% decided are you? X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captainconehead)
    Why would they interview people for a course with no places on it? Does this actually happen? I have an interview on the 29tj for PGCE History at Edge Hill and the course closed to applications recently but I would have assumed that was because they have enough applications to sift through at the moment.

I would not be impressed at all if I was going to interview for a place on a course that did not exist!
    An applicant for the same course had an interview two days ago and was told that as far as the university was concerned they didn't have any more places so they couldn't offer a place and instead put him on a waiting list. So yes. Bizarrely the course is still listed as having vacancies on UCAS.

I'm not annoyed with the institution, they are obviously allocated places on a very inefficient basis. What I am annoyed with is the UCAS system, in these circumstances I should be able to withdraw the offer and select another choice but I do not think that there is any way that I can.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by zterpzterp)
    An applicant for the same course had an interview two days ago and was told that as far as the university was concerned they didn't have any more places so they couldn't offer a place and instead put him on a waiting list. So yes. Bizarrely the course is still listed as having vacancies on UCAS.

I'm not annoyed with the institution, they are obviously allocated places on a very inefficient basis. What I am annoyed with is the UCAS system, in these circumstances I should be able to withdraw the offer and select another choice but I do not think that there is any way that I can.
    Remember this is the first year applicants have had more than one choice. I would imagine that they are doing a similar thing to undergrad and selecting more people than places as they expect a certain number to decline offers this year. However, since they've NEVER had experience of this before they don't know exactly how many are likely to decline. Also I think limits on places are more rigid for teacher training so they can't afford to offer people a place without certainty.

This is just speculation but I would be very surprised if this wasn't the case.

Captainconehead, don't panic, I imagine most unis are doing what you said... Close for a bit and reopen if they need more applicants.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was offered my interview before Christmas so I've had plenty of time to prepare but it's been frustrating as I just want the interview to come quicker. I've been as prepared as I can be for weeks now so eager to get going.

This whole process is quite mentally draining. 2nd guessing my suitability and ability has been the hardest thing to grapple with. This is a career change for me so at 31 years old I feel I really need to get on the course his year!

Good luck to all those awaiting decisions and interviews.

ReputationRep:

That is really confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpwxx)
    Remember this is the first year applicants have had more than one choice. I would imagine that they are doing a similar thing to undergrad and selecting more people than places as they expect a certain number to decline offers this year. However, since they've NEVER had experience of this before they don't know exactly how many are likely to decline. Also I think limits on places are more rigid for teacher training so they can't afford to offer people a place without certainty.

This is just speculation but I would be very surprised if this wasn't the case.

Captainconehead, don't panic, I imagine most unis are doing what you said... Close for a bit and reopen if they need more applicants.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What was it like in previous years?

ReputationRep:
    I was offered my interview before Christmas so I've had plenty of time to prepare but it's been frustrating as I just want the interview to come quicker. I've been as prepared as I can be for weeks now so eager to get going.

This whole process is quite mentally draining. 2nd guessing my suitability and ability has been the hardest thing to grapple with. This is a career change for me so at 31 years old I feel I really need to get on the course his year!

Good luck to all those awaiting decisions and interviews.
    Lucky you. I have only been given 5 and 6 days to prepare for my two interviews. I have one on the 29th and the second one the next day! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juichiro)
    Lucky you. I have only been given 5 and 6 days to prepare for my two interviews. I have one on the 29th and the second one the next day! :eek:
    I am in the same position as you. Have an interview on the 29th and 30th to prepare for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Umme)
    I am in the same position as you. Have an interview on the 29th and 30th to prepare for.
    May I ask which unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by womanonamission)
    Oh really! The admissions lady is usually very efficient. There may have been a big rush of applicants or something. Sometimes UCAS track doesn't update as well - hang in there xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks...did u receive an acknowledgement email at all? xx

ReputationRep:
    What was it like in previous years?
    You applied for one place at a time. So you applied for choice number one, had an interview (if you got one) and a decision then if you were unsuccessful it went on to choice number two. This is the first time that unis might give an offer to an applicant who receives other offers and has to choose between the 2/3, so there are likely to be many more people turning down offers, plus some people will apply to places which they don't actually want to attend simply because they feel they are 'wasting' one of their three choices, so this could increase the number declining offers.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    May I ask which unis?
    The on the 29th is for Man met and 30th is at LJMU. How abt u?

ReputationRep:

More spaces could become available though as some people might end up with three offers and will only take one. It would be feel like very a long wait to find out though! :eek:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.