Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    For my Psychology homework I have to write up a side of A4 on something interesting that is related to psychology...

So what could I write about? I really want to write about Albert Fish... but I'm not too sure how I can relate him to psychology...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As if you get to do that for psychology! :huff: Mine is so boring we are learning about rats and how they respond to stress. What exam board are you on?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds University open day was amazing, their SU is incredible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)
    Ooh, psychology! There's tonnes of stuff to write about!

Interesting experiments that spring to mind are Milgram, and Philip Zimbardo's Stanford Prison. Look both of those up; I suspect it'd be easier to write more about the latter though. Fascinating stuff about the mindsets people can have. Sorry I can't explain it better, but you'll know what I mean if you look them up.

Sigmund Freud is considered the founder of psychoanalysis iirc, you could do something of a mini-biography of him and all the things he did. Then there's Carl Jung, arguably the better of the two.

Yeah, tonnes of stuff.

This is an interesting website for anyone studying psychology btw: PsyBlog. Great website of psych-related studies with completely comprehensible jargon. They even give you links/articles for further reading.

Psychology falls into the category of subjects that I find superb, just not the sort of subject I'd like to study formally and sit exams in. Shame really.
    Oh yeah, I've heard about all of those! I'm fairly sure we have to study them all at some point this year.

I'm tempted to write about Freud and all of the thing's that he's done.. It's probably the easiest option, and it's pretty damn interesting too (but to be fair, I find everything to do with psychology interesting...)

I might have a look at that website now; there might be something on there worth writing about. Thanks.

I also have to write half a side of A4 on why I chose to study Psychology... That's probably going to be tricky..

EDIT: In fact, after the fact you mentioned Carl Jung, I might write about MBTI typing, as I know quite a bit about that already... Although some people think it's absolute ****, I think there's some truth in it, and I find it extremely interesting! ISTP reporting in.

(Original post by Katie97)
    As if you get to do that for psychology! :huff: Mine is so boring we are learning about rats and how they respond to stress. What exam board are you on?
    Haha, I'm not sure why we're doing that.. but we are. I think we'll be learning about rats and stuff soon, I remember seeing something about that when I was flicking through the textbook. Edexcel. You?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I've heard about all of those! I'm fairly sure we have to study them all at some point this year.

I'm tempted to write about Freud and all of the thing's that he's done.. It's probably the easiest option, and it's pretty damn interesting too (but to be fair, I find everything to do with psychology interesting...)

I might have a look at that website now; there might be something on there worth writing about. Thanks.

I also have to write half a side of A4 on why I chose to study Psychology... That's probably going to be tricky..

EDIT: In fact, after the fact you mentioned Carl Jung, I might write about MBTI typing, as I know quite a bit about that already... Although some people think it's absolute ****, I think there's some truth in it, and I find it extremely interesting! ISTP reporting in.
    Yeah, it's not bull at all tbh. Like all things it's not absolute and not 100% accurate, but it's pretty damn good.

Last time I checked was a while back, however, I like to think I'm still an INFP.

You could do a comparison of MBTI vs other personality identifiers? An analytical essay at this point might do well to impress your teacher . Though seeing your passion, I'm sure you'll do that regardless.

Congratulations, by the way - you've probably gone from 'not sure' what to write about, to too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pathosL)
    i'm doing that too lol, trying to get ahead of the class :cool:
    I like being ahead too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    I like being ahead too
    yeah my friends dont really get everything in class so it's nice to be able to help them also classes feel like a revision session

ReputationRep:
    If you have nothing to do:
    Go to http://www.mapcrunch.com/
    Turn off the map, put on 'stealth mode' and click go
    This will take you to a random Google street view location somewhere in the world, as if you've randomly woken up there
    Your objective is to find the airport to get home. You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    This will take you to a random Google street view location somewhere in the world, as if you've randomly woken up there
    That is harder than it sounds

ReputationRep:
    This is actually pretty fun haha

ReputationRep:
    anyone here doing biology, chemistry, geography and psychology ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelizzister)
    All of those except psychology.

How you finding it so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Leeds University open day was amazing, their SU is incredible!
    looking at unis already? bit early no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannyboy1236)
    All of those except psychology.

How you finding it so far?
    all of them are pretty good, but chemistry is already quite difficult, but i'l manage some how (hopefully)

how about you? what are you doing instead of psychology?

ReputationRep:
    Doing Biology, Chemistry, Maths & English Lit.. Was thinking of doing further maths or physics as well but didn't fancy the extra workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    That is harder than it sounds
    It certainly is, especially when you land on a highway outside peta tikva
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    This is actually pretty fun haha
    haha it is, but out of all the world, I ended up 20 miles or so south of Glasgow, and I had to get to the other side of the city where the airport is, and got lost :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Started again, thought I'd get somewhere in the UK/USA, don't think I have hereName:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  140.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue where I am, but the view is nice.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  151.8 KB

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a clue where I am, but the view is nice.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  151.8 KB
    I've started a trend! :woo:
    Edit: Turn off 'Stealth' to find out where it is

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on there in ages! Time to go and find the airport while I put off doing my work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thelizzister)
    I'm doing biology, chemistry, maths and geog.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.