Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    The Empty Spaces in Gaza including a map, for all those pro Hamas nuts who keep on insisting Hamas is justified in firing from the middle of a city.
    So all settlements in Gaza have at least 10,000 people living in them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So all settlements in Gaza have at least 10,000 people living in them?
    Is that all you got from the source? I feel bad for you.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miavdbt)
    Is that all you got from the source? I feel bad for you.
    Well, since it only considered population centers of 10,000 or more, how much of the population was omitted? How much area was omitted? Having actually looked at maps and looked at that source I would say at least 50%, and I'm inclined to say more like 70-80%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    um Yes, it's not even much of a secret because they issue press releases...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0726/633213-gaza-israel/

doesn't anyone else wonder what hamas thinks it's got to gain by firing rockets into it's massively more mighty neighbor? could it be in anyway to provoke counter attacks upon it's human shielded rocket positions in an attempt to engage sympathy?
    If you were getting beaten up in the playground with a guy who was much bigger than you, even if you had no chance if winning, wouldn't you still try to fight back a bit? I would. Asking Hamas to stop firing rockets back would be asking them to lie there and take whatever Israel did to them. It would be asking them to give up their right to self-defence. So of course they would want to fight back, even if they're not accomplishing anything, just to feel like they tried, In some way, to defend themselves against the great evil of the Zionist state of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reddish)
    If you were getting beaten up in the playground with a guy who was much bigger than you, even if you had no chance if winning, wouldn't you still try to fight back a bit? I would. Asking Hamas to stop firing rockets back would be asking them to lie there and take whatever Israel did to them. It would be asking them to give up their right to self-defence. So of course they would want to fight back, even if they're not accomplishing anything, just to feel like they tried, In some way, to defend themselves against the great evil of the Zionist state of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lets just get the facts in the right order - throughout 2014 and before Hamas was firing rockets into Israel before Israel retaliated.
    Those rockets have no chance of defeating Israel or somehow forcing it out of existence or tbh of changing the hearts and minds of Israelis so that they're going to ease border restrictions on Gaza or otherwise ease the plight of the Gazans - it's just provocation plain and simple.

to correct your analogy we'd have to note that the little kid has been following the big kid around kicking him for months, going out of his way to provoke the big kid to beat him up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    lets just get the facts in the right order - throughout 2014 and before Hamas was firing rockets into Israel before Israel retaliated.
    It has not been proven that HAMAS were firing those rockets.

Those rockets have no chance of defeating Israel or somehow forcing it out of existence or tbh of changing the hearts and minds of Israelis so that they're going to ease border restrictions on Gaza or otherwise ease the plight of the Gazans - it's just provocation plain and simple.
    So the Israeli's are stupid and foolish for responding to that provocation?

to correct your analogy we'd have to note that the little kid has been following the big kid around kicking him for months, going out of his way to provoke the big kid to beat him up.
    What you have failed to mention is that big kid got his friends and terrorised that little kid by stealing his clothes and that is why he is going around kicking the big kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reddish)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't see at all what is the obsession some people have with Palestine -- there are far more important world issues arnt there? world poverty, ebola spreading faster than ever recorded . and what about other conflicts and infact terrorism - I mean thousands of idiots marched about Palestine, but not one of those marched about over 6000 people killed in Iraq by Islamic militants -Islamic State. and th fact they are trying to commit genocide against iraq christians and ethnic native peoples because they arnt converting to islam

ReputationRep:
    How about neither of them? I see both parties involved as holding blame for the conflict between them. All I care about are the innocent people who just want to live their lives getting caught up in this fighting. People outside of the conflict need to start thinking less about who is right and who is wrong and more about who is suffering.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes the left wingers

They apologised for the Bolsheviks
    They apologised for Al Qaeda (and continue to do so, ISIS was all Blairs fault omg)
    They apologised for the Nazis (it was all our fault!)
    Now they apologise for Hamas.

What is it with the left supporting regimes that are aggressive, anti democracy and have no respect for human rights? I think it's all part of the victim complex.

ReputationRep:
    Casualties in Gaza, while the world watches.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WC2011)
    I don't see at all what is the obsession some people have with Palestine -- there are far more important world issues arnt there? world poverty, ebola spreading faster than ever recorded . and what about other conflicts and infact terrorism - I mean thousands of idiots marched about Palestine, but not one of those marched about over 6000 people killed in Iraq by Islamic militants -Islamic State. and th fact they are trying to commit genocide against iraq christians and ethnic native peoples because they arnt converting to islam
    And this is relevant to the debate how? Not to mention that it's a pretty fallacious argument anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Gaza led by Hamas was the aggressor first, Israel has every right to defend itself. yes civilians die but that is a part of war, In Pakistan America launches air strikes which hit civilian targets yet that is ignored. Gaza is led by Hamas, Terrorists, just like ISIS or the Taliban yet they are seen as the 'poor victims' in a war they started and still carry on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WC2011)
    it does seem illogical but the explanation is the rudimentary thinking of the islamist agenda - which is that sacrifice of 1 muslim life in the 'cause of seizing Palestine and Levant from the jews on behalf of islam ' once again is worth 10 times as many muslim lives anywhere else in the world. you could also refer to the hundreds of thousands killed in darfur or CAR conflicts again these lives are worthless to palestine campaigners, becuase they arnt relevant ( currently) to the main islamist agenda

ReputationRep:
    Irish politician erupts over Israel's attack on Gaza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjopAaaHovY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous1218)
    Gaza led by Hamas was the aggressor first, Israel has every right to defend itself.
    Israel occupied Gaza for 20 years before Hamas even existed. It still maintains a blockade and full control over Gaza's maritime and air space, as well as a full-scale occupation over their compatriots in the West Bank.

ReputationRep:
    into Gaza from Israel.

Trying to worsen the humanitarian situation in Gaza by preventing aid in order to create a bigger international outcry against Israel.

You can't get more despicable than this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Osnaz)
    into Gaza from Israel.

Trying to worsen the humanitarian situation in Gaza by preventing aid in order to create a bigger international outcry against Israel.

You can't get more despicable than this.

Got a source/article instead of some random video with no context? Preventing aid to civilians is something which is usually in Israel's turf.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing morons have no idea what they're doing or why.

(Original post by broscience123)
    Got a source/article instead of some random video with no context? Preventing aid to civilians is something which is usually in Israel's turf.
    http://www.jewishpress.com/news/brea...rs/2014/08/10/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    ****ing morons have no idea what they're doing or why.

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/brea...rs/2014/08/10/
    Unfortunately this is a tactic they have used plenty of times before.

Israel even once built a long conveyor belt that would take goods from Israel into Gaza without risking the lives of Israelis at the crossing.

Of course it was destroyed too. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Chris Hedges on Why Israel Lies

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.