The Student Room Group

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK

Scroll to see replies

Hey. I just did Medify mock and got 576 average and band 2 which is quite bad. I got test in 2 days any tips. Plus the fact that the centre I will be going to doesn't have keyboards is freaking me out.
Original post by Nuba123
Thanks! Omg that means so much - as did I btw. :smile: Yeah, I'm pretty good with my score only downside is that I don't think I've got a chance in Glasgow, Edinburgh or St. Andrews - I'm definitely going for Dundee and Aberdeen (I think going to have to negotiate with daddo lol) But I don't know what my two other option could be... Or should I take a serious risk and apply for 2 of Glasgow, Edinburgh or St Andrews, But tbh I don't see the point if I'm rejected upfront. :biggrin:

I am going for Aberdeen and Dundee regardless (I live in Aberdeen and Dundee is close). I would say i's not a bad idea trying Edinburgh because if you go all A's then you get many points. Tbh, quite a few people have received offers in previous years from Edinburgh despite being in the lowest deciles. They take EVERYTHING into account so if all else is good, GO FOR IT! You may aswell apply for Glasgow or St andrews too if you are staying in Sccotland. Use your choices and if you get to interview (majority do), you're in same boat as everyone else. I know people with 550 applying to these places. Ultimately, it comes down to you though :smile:

Original post by Nuba123
In comparison to the practise papers VR was harder, QR was easier and AR was ever so slightly easier. However, I still struggled with timing which meant i didn't actually read the question for 15-20 questions in VR AND QR.

Interesting. Compared to official mocks or Medify?
Hi guys I was wondering if I had any chance of applying for medicine at uni. My as predictions are A-Chemistry A-Maths B-Biology. My UKCAT test is on the 3rd of october. I want to be getting at least 700 average and band 1.

Thanks.
Reply 5143
does the UCAS tariff include AS grades and A2 predicted grades as well as the extra qualifications such as Grade 7 piano
Original post by Potatoo
Hey. I just did Medify mock and got 576 average and band 2 which is quite bad. I got test in 2 days any tips. Plus the fact that the centre I will be going to doesn't have keyboards is freaking me out.

whaaaat? What centre is that??
Original post by .......Jeff458
I am going for Aberdeen and Dundee regardless (I live in Aberdeen and Dundee is close). I would say i's not a bad idea trying Edinburgh because if you go all A's then you get many points. Tbh, quite a few people have received offers in previous years from Edinburgh despite being in the lowest deciles. They take EVERYTHING into account so if all else is good, GO FOR IT! You may aswell apply for Glasgow or St andrews too if you are staying in Sccotland. Use your choices and if you get to interview (majority do), you're in same boat as everyone else. I know people with 550 applying to these places. Ultimately, it comes down to you though :smile:

Interesting. Compared to official mocks or Medify?

I didn't invest in medify (which I kind of regret) if I end up with no offers then I'm going to invest in that next time round. But yeah the comparison was with the offical mocks. My number one tip is to improve your timing. I didn't have enough time to answer many of the questions adequately.
Thanks, I find Edinburgh scary because people always say you need >700 to go there but I mean it's worth a shot, right? In which case I'll patch St. Andrews and apply for the other four. Btw thank you so much - I've literally been staring at the ceiling for 3 hours trying to figure out what to do... No one knows what's going on. In my family no one understand the scoring system and I tried asking for help at school but I basically got told to phone the unis up aka "leave me alone" XD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zeed.
Hi guys I was wondering if I had any chance of applying for medicine at uni. My as predictions are A-Chemistry A-Maths B-Biology. My UKCAT test is on the 3rd of october. I want to be getting at least 700 average and band 1.

Thanks.

Try and brush up on that B as medicine is going to contain A LOT of biological concepts. And that score is pretty good but you'll only truly know until you sit the test. Best of luck, my tip would be focus on abstract reasoning, verbal reasoing and your timing in general. Everything should be dandy if your timing is excellent. :smile:
Original post by Squishy•

Its in scotland. Greenock
Original post by 11...
does the UCAS tariff include AS grades and A2 predicted grades as well as the extra qualifications such as Grade 7 piano

If been predicted A2 in a subject then that tariff gets counted towards not the AS. Then the music and etc.
Original post by Potatoo

Ayy, I nearly went there but opted for the Pentagon Centre instead - which I wouldn't recommend they gave me earplugs that did'nt work and the people were blatantly chatting in the test room. Also, I had to lift my hijab so that they could check I wasn't cheating which I didn't mind but they didn't give me time to fix it so throughout the test I was trying to control my hijab which kept slipping off. This didn't exactly help. XD
Original post by Potatoo

How did you find out it had no keyboard?
Reply 5151
If been predicted A2 in a subject then that tariff gets counted towards not the AS. Then the music and etc.

wait whatttttttt. I thought it is the AS and A2 predicted combined
Reply 5152
say I wanted pharmacy s my backup, do I have to write a separate personal statement. Do you know which universities accept a medicine personal statement. Does UCL?
Reply 5153

u get your own room or this little cubicle with the computer. I was in a cubicle, when there were other people taking driving theory tests lol
How did you find out it had no keyboard?

A few people I know did their test in there
Reply 5155
not all universities look at UCAS tariff points. some just say I want A*AA from you if not bye
Original post by 11...
wait whatttttttt. I thought it is the AS and A2 predicted combined

Lol no, AS grade doesn't mean anything once you have an A2
Reply 5157
Edinburgh is the best university ever.....................I also liked Liverpool and Plymouth.
Reply 5158
Lol no, AS grade doesn't mean anything once you have an A2

Oh right thanks.:smile: so when I am calculating my ucas tariff, i just look at my A2 predictions and of course stuff like grade 8 piano
Guys the southampton cut-off is wrong on this thread, they rank candidates according to their ukcat, last year's lowest scoring candidate was 640, so the cut-off is not 705.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending