Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Thread XX watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Because mourinho. 2-0 is usually good enough for him.
    Difference is our team can't keep a clean sheet

ReputationRep:
    It's literally the same game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    KelGOAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    that niqqa rich AF and he can't even afford carmex

smh

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, today's win was more about Swansea being bad than us being good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A needed 3 points but i don't really feel happy about this.

ReputationRep:
    How can you guys still be so negative

Arsenal Drew
    Spurs Drew
    Everton Lost
    City Drew

It was a good chance to close the gap which we did by putting in a professional performance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
    let's be honest we played a training match. Swansea were awful.

If we play this team against Arsenal we will be smashed 6-0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    let's be honest we played a training match. Swansea were awful.

If we play this team against Arsenal we will be smashed 6-0
    We started the game well and won the game in the first half then took our foot off the pedal and conceded a sloppy goal. If we play like that against Arsenal anything could happen as Carrick in CDM controls the play majestically. Although not sure about the CB pairing.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't expecting three points that easily despite Swansea's league position, who obviously didn't see the opportunity to play intensely with our poor form of late although Montero made things happen when he came on. Pogba's goal a beauty - took it nicely and started off the move whilst Ibra's goals were standard. It was a miracle Phil Jones didn't get injured in the 90minutes or when Zlatan nearly kung-fu kicked him when celebrating his second goal. With no Ibrahimovic for Arsenal, perfect chance to play Rashford up top yet Rooney will end up getting the gig.

Also Mourinho's comments on Shaw (implying he wasn't in a condition to play added to his public criticism of him after Watford) concerning plus as expected after giving him a subs role when the team were heading for defeat, no Mkhitaryan.

ReputationRep:

Arsenal Drew
    Spurs Drew
    Everton Lost
    City Drew

It was a good chance to close the gap which we did by putting in a professional performance.
    It's early but it still looks very tough for you to make top 4 considering how well Liverpool/Chelsea are playing and how experienced Arsenal/City are at playing a large number of games per season.

Closed the gap though which is positive, although you were against a Swansea side who are embarrassing. The current bottom three will likely stay that way by the season's end.

ReputationRep:
    If we play like that against Arsenal anything could happen as Carrick in CDM controls the play majestically. Although not sure about the CB pairing.
    Nope, it would be a guaranteed smashing. Arsenal's attack is deadly no way Rojo, Jones, Young as defenders can handle Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi & Walcott.

What do you think about Mourinho's constant poor team selection? Are you starting to see my point now? I would be amazed if you still think what Mourinho is doing makes sense

ReputationRep:

Arsenal Drew
    Spurs Drew
    Everton Lost
    City Drew

3 points but we are definitely no better off than last game. Swansea were just really poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trapking)
    Nope, it would be a guaranteed smashing. Arsenal's attack is deadly no way Rojo, Jones, Young as defenders can handle Sanchez, Ozil, Iwobi & Walcott.

What do you think about Mourinho's constant poor team selection? Are you starting to see my point now? I would be amazed if you still think what Mourinho is doing makes sense
    I do see your selection point, especially considering how I felt when I saw the starting XI. But don't you think, in the end, it was a team which was set up to do the job today which it did well? Martial, Rashford and Mkhi were the notable absences but that could be due to fatigue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    3 points but we are definitely no better off than last game. Swansea were just really poor.
    3 points and a slightly closed gap so we are a bit better off from our last game I agree Swansea were poor.

(Original post by Lúcio)
    It's early but it still looks very tough for you to make top 4 considering how well Liverpool/Chelsea are playing and how experienced Arsenal/City are at playing a large number of games per season.

Closed the gap though which is positive, although you were against a Swansea side who are embarrassing. The current bottom three will likely stay that way by the season's end.
    We will see, its a long season As long as we can differentiate between Europa and the PL I think we will make top 4.

ReputationRep:
    I do see your selection point, especially considering how I felt when I saw the starting XI. But don't you think, in the end, it was a team which was set up to do the job today which it did well? Martial, Rashford and Mkhi were the notable absences but that could be due to fatigue.
    ...but they did the job not because we were "good" but rather the opposition were playing like a Sunday League Team hence the quality of our individual players just outweighed their poor play (e.g. Pogba's brilliant goal). Don't get me wrong I'm happy in the sense that we've recovered a much needed 3 points but I have serious serious concerns over Mourinho and this team. I doubt any of those players were tired they played almost every game last season under Van Gaal.

Mourinho said in his press conferences he doesn't like to give criticism to individual players yet criticised Shaw after the Watford game (and saying he's unavailable to play today). Then there's Mkhitaryan who only finally came on against Fernabache (after ages of not being given a chance) when we were losing a game. Then there's Martial who scored 14 goals last season not even making the bench in some premier league games and not being played in his correct position. Then there's Memphis whose non existent at this club anymore. The list goes on...

We have what I like to call "The Mourinho Plague". He has brought his toxicity to this club already, is not developing any young talent like he promised and to make it worse continues to play people like Fellaini and Rooney. We are ****ed and don't be surprised if we finish the season in 8th place or worse (I wish i was wrong but Mourinho has lost it big time and he doesn't look like he's changing anytime soon :lol:).

ReputationRep:
    Lol you're playing a **** team like Swansea, they're pretty terrible at the moment and in all honesty most sides in the league would have beat them as comfortably as you did today.

Regardless though you're closer to top 4 now and a win vs Arsenal will put you 3 points from top 4. If you lose then it's 9 points to top 4 so in all honesty don't think Mourinho can just go for the draw and anything better being a bonus.

I'd say Mourinho got the team selection spot on today(I mean putting carrick in midfield) as he knew Swansea weren't going to press you lot well which suits Carrick, gives him time on the ball. I don't think it will work well against Arsenal who will press more off the ball though. I wonder why Carrick didn't play more against park the bus teams. Burnley I think he'd have been great for(although that game was poor finishing) and other teams that defend. Helps you move the ball quicker and that.

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo's contract is gonna be crazy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Don't think we were anything special but we got the job done. Glad to see Zlatan end his scoring drought.

Swansea will do well to stay up this season. Already 6pts adrift and without a win in 11.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 17, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.