Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Could be worth a try in the 2nd half against Japan then, I still favour 4-4-1-1 above all though. I think Bent deserves a try as well, Defoe never inspires faith and Crouch is vastly overrated.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for Heskey to come back, we were dire without him. And that is worrying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Komakino)
    When will Fabio recognize we don't have the quality up front to play 4-4-2, also that Gerrard doesn't do left wing
    You do realize what friendlies are for, don't you?

he should try Gerrard in support imo, with either Johnson or Milner on the left, and Lennon on the right. Lampard and Huddlestone/Parker in centre mid. Thoughts?
    Just Another Opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    :rolleyes:

You ask him yourself since you're the one making the claim.

Look at me use the :rolleyes: smiley, that means I'm superior btw. :rolleyes:
    I haven't got to prove anything to you, thats the beauty of the internet.

But for what its worth..

The chance to work with Mr Capello was important in my decision to return to international football," said Carragher.

"He has been one of the best managers in football over the last ten or 15 years. I'm a big follower of football and I was always asking Steve (Gerrard) what it was like when he came back from international duty, asking what the manager was like.

"So the manager was a massive reason behind my decision."

Sarcasm on the internet makes you look like a beaut btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontBuyTheSun)
    I haven't got to prove anything to you, thats the beauty of the internet.

But for what its worth..

The chance to work with Mr Capello was important in my decision to return to international football," said Carragher.

"He has been one of the best managers in football over the last ten or 15 years. I'm a big follower of football and I was always asking Steve (Gerrard) what it was like when he came back from international duty, asking what the manager was like.

"So the manager was a massive reason behind my decision."
    Sarcasm on the internet makes you look like a beaut btw.
    That is worth nothing. Surely even you know he is saying he was impressed by the way the manager worked, compared to Keegan, Sven "expected Churchill, got Iain Duncan Smith" Eriksson and Sven McClaren Eriksson II.

You have yet to ask Jamie if he rejoined England just to watch the manager, to help him in his future career as one.

Misplaced arroagance makes you look like an eejit btw lolz rolleyes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That is worth nothing. Surely even you know he is saying he was impressed by the way the manager worked, compared to Keegan, Sven "expected Churchill, got Iain Duncan Smith" Eriksson and Sven McClaren Eriksson II.

You have yet to ask Jamie if he rejoined England just to watch the manager, to help him in his future career as one.

Misplaced arroagance makes you look like an eejit btw lolz rolleyes :rolleyes:
    I just asked him. He said yes, but also so he could rob the duty free on the way home.

You can sleep soundly now.

ReputationRep:
    I rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    :gfight:

ReputationRep:
    You do realize what friendlies are for, don't you?

Just Another Opinion.
    Yes I know what friendlies are for, but as it happens he's not experimented with the system recently, which in my opinion is a mistake.
    Of course it's an opinion, I never claimed otherwise. But what is a fact is that Crouch is unproven against top quality sides, his goalsoring record is not so good when you look at who he's scored against.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, if Carragher's decision was to learn from Capello wouldn't he have come out of international retirement a lot sooner?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know what friendlies are for, but as it happens he's not experimented with the system recently
    Wut.

what is a fact is that Crouch is unproven against top quality sides, his goalsoring record is not so good when you look at who he's scored against.
    So? Besides, the vast majority of our squad is unproven against top quality sides. In the past 8 years we've only had about 5 competitive games against top quality sides.

ReputationRep:
    Wut.

So? Besides, the vast majority of our squad is unproven against top quality sides. In the past 8 years we've only had about 5 competitive games against top quality sides.
    I assumed you were implying friendlies were for trying different things, as this is what I believe they are for, especially given that Capello has seen this formation throughout his qualifying campaign and would be advised to have a plan B ready.

I'd say the vast majority have played against quality sides, whether it be for England or for their respective clubs. My point however, was more that Crouch is often credited for his England record, but it's very easy to unpick that record.
    You need to stop being such a smart-alec, it doesn't credit you.

ReputationRep:
    I assumed you were implying friendlies were for trying different things, as this is what I believe they are for, especially given that Capello has seen this formation throughout his qualifying campaign and would be advised to have a plan B ready.
    Which he's done...as recently as 5 days ago. :lolwut:

I'd say the vast majority have played against quality sides, whether it be for England or for their respective clubs. My point however, was more that Crouch is often credited for his England record, but it's very easy to unpick that record.
    Same can be said for most, arguably all, other England strikers. England generally play no 'top' sides in qualifying; one, if any, in the group stage; and one, if any, by the time they're knocked out, if they make it out the group stage.

ReputationRep:
    Which he's done...as recently as 5 days ago. :lolwut:

Same can be said for most, arguably all, other England strikers. England generally play no 'top' sides in qualifying; one, if any, in the group stage; and one, if any, by the time they're knocked out, if they make it out the group stage.
    He played 4-4-2 did he not?
    I agree most England strikers are not up to scratch, hence why I'm saying try Rooney up front alone with Gerrard support. I mean duh! It's clear from this board I'm not the only one who feels this way, I'm going to bed now, some of us have lives to live outside online forums.

ReputationRep:
    He played 4-4-2 did he not?
    He did not. He played a 4-2-3-1.

I'm going to bed now, some of us have lives to live outside online forums.
    Your constant irrelevant and illogical post-closing remarks only make your posts look like they have less integrity, rather than be successful trolling.

ReputationRep:
    4-2-3-1 was first if you can even call it that, because there's hardly any shape going forward. We then went back to a 4-4-2 at half time IMO and it suited the players more.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I've just seen a suggestion that Gerrard and Rooney should play up front together. Isn't this what we played in the first couple of Capello's friendlies to poor effect?

Obviously we need some back up plans but the stats of our 4-4-2 with Heskey and Rooney up front speak for themselves. Gerrard basically has a free role anyway and scored 3 in 7 qualifying goals whilst obviously Rooney was unstoppable in the floating striker role.

ReputationRep:
    Just play Rooney and crouch with Gerrard in the hole. Gerrard gets a free role and we don't lose any of our goal threat.

ReputationRep:
    15 days until England's first match

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Complex Simplicity)
    Just play Rooney and crouch with Gerrard in the hole. Gerrard gets a free role and we don't lose any of our goal threat.
    Crouch

Gerrard in the hole

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.