Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Tortious)
    In fairness, it's weird to (have to) tell your parents about your sexual preferences. :p: Bit odd that your mum sat you down though. :lol:

(You could always get a blue/purple/pink bi bracelet, since only LGBT people are likely to recognise it, but it makes you a bit less visible...)
    If I got one of these, my mum would probably compliment the colours :laugh:

(Original post by cpdavis)
    If I got one of these, my mum would probably compliment the colours :laugh:
    I can understand it - you know what they say about gay men and fashion sense.

(I'm kidding, of course. :p: Although it proves my point about you being selectively visible.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Puppet Master)
    :hugs: I suppose at least my parents aren't religious... :console:
    Aww. Thanks for the consolation. It's not that bad. My mother has recently joked with me on some things that might make me think she's not completely in the dark about me. It's only my sister who is very religious. She's effing great, in fact. Only her ideas most certainly clash with mine on many fronts. I believe in God, though. I'm just not a Catholic (seeing their doctrine explicitly considers anything that is not heterosexual a "condition" and a sin).

And today I realised my housemate (and the owner of my house) is in a church group. But I guess Catholics are more uptight in that regard than Church of England. Or I hope that's how it goes hahaha

Clearly a sign you need to watch more TV. :p: What are you watching online?

Tbh I don't see the need to tell your family unless you're in a (pretty serious) relationship and planning to introduce your partner to them. Besides, you never know - you might find a guy you like yet!
    Well, apparently I have had my fair share of time on the internet as you and as your TSR stalking measurements suggest xD

And I see your point..if other people don't have to tell their parents they're straight..I don't think I'm obliged to tell them I'm not. But I still think it is something about me they should know at some point (and it will probably be when I'm in an actual serious relation) since they might have a different idea. I might end up with a guy..I'm definitely not ruling out that possibility..but right now I think I'm on the other end of the scale, mostly emotionally but physically too (and the latter is something I have only recently admitted to myself some years ago I only thought it was a platonic thing but then realised it was definitely more serious than that haha). If any of that made sense, I'm going to jump in the river Lune to swim in this awful temperature
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I got a message from someone who wanted to add me as a friend on facebook, but I've been leaving them hanging for about 2 months :mmm:

(Original post by FrozenCharlotte)
    Well, apparently I have had my fair share of time on the internet as you and as your TSR stalking measurements suggest xD
    The Internet is my playground - it's where I can find out an incredible amount from only a few snippets of information. I need the right ones though. :cool:

And I see your point..if other people don't have to tell their parents they're straight..I don't think I'm obliged to tell them I'm not. But I still think it is something about me they should know at some point (and it will probably be when I'm in an actual serious relation) since they might have a different idea.
    Oh, I totally understand wanting to tell them - I just meant there's no rush (although I came out to my mum in the course of an argument and to my dad in two minutes flat...). As Craig will tell you I've told him, I saw a great video where a guy describes coming out as like throwing up - you know when you need to do it! :p:

I might end up with a guy..I'm definitely not ruling out that possibility..but right now I think I'm on the other end of the scale, mostly emotionally but physically too (and the latter is something I have only recently admitted to myself some years ago I only thought it was a platonic thing but then realised it was definitely more serious than that haha). If any of that made sense, I'm going to jump in the river Lune to swim in this awful temperature
    I'm probably not the best person to advise since I'm about a Kinsey 5.5 (:mmm:), but I can see how a shift from one end to the other would throw you. I'm sure you'll figure it out - it just takes time.

And yes, it all made sense - except the "river Lune" part... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    I got a message from someone who wanted to add me as a friend on facebook, but I've been leaving them hanging for about 2 months :mmm:
    Do you know them, though?

I have recently just cleared out my 'holding bay', including all of the Indonesians and Japanese (I know, right...) There's one guy I met over a year and a half ago from a midnight train still there (:sexface: ... no, okay, nothing like that ) and several others longer than that. And recently some random gay Oxonian. He can stay in there, for a while at least.

(Original post by thurin)
    Do you know them, though?

I have recently just cleared out my 'holding bay', including all of the Indonesians and Japanese (I know, right...) There's one guy I met over a year and a half ago from a midnight train still there (:sexface: ... no, okay, nothing like that ) and several others longer than that. And recently some random gay Oxonian. He can stay in there, for a while at least.
    dbmag9? :p:

ReputationRep:
    There's one guy I met over a year and a half ago from a midnight train still there (:sexface: ... no, okay, nothing like that ) and several others longer than that. And recently some random gay Oxonian. He can stay in there, for a while at least.
    # Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit... #

dbmag9? :p:
    :hmmm:

(Original post by dbmag9)
    # Just a city boy, born and raised in South Detroit... #

:hmmm:
    You should be flattered that I remembered you! :haughty:

ReputationRep:
    The Internet is my playground - it's where I can find out an incredible amount from only a few snippets of information. I need the right ones though. :cool:
    Said like that it sounds cool and not in the least stalkerish

Oh, I totally understand wanting to tell them - I just meant there's no rush (although I came out to my mum in the course of an argument and to my dad in two minutes flat...). As Craig will tell you I've told him, I saw a great video where a guy describes coming out as like throwing up - you know when you need to do it! :p:
    Not sure who Craig is, but nice to meet him I hope the moment that the gag comes is the right one, though haha

I'm probably not the best person to advise since I'm about a Kinsey 5.5 (:mmm:), but I can see how a shift from one end to the other would throw you. I'm sure you'll figure it out - it just takes time.
    Well, I don't feel confused, but I am right there with you in the thing that it'll take time before I'm used to it. I just know I'm attracted to both sexes and am aware that the attraction to one can be a bit more intense than to the other as time passes.

And yes, it all made sense - except the "river Lune" part... :erm:
    It's the river around which Lancaster is built I imagine it must be really cold, thus my statement that I'd jump in it if what I had said made any sense. But it was merely for dramatic purposes! Don't make me act on my word haha

EDIT: Looking at the scale..right now I think I'm a 4 going on a 5 some times

Said like that it sounds cool and not in the least stalkerish
    No comment. :cool:

Not sure who Craig is, but nice to meet him I hope the moment that the gag comes is the right one, though haha
    Sorry, I thought you'd have picked up his name from somewhere in this thread since it's what everyone calls him! He's cpdavis. :p:

Well, I don't feel confused, but I am right there with you in the thing that it'll take time before I'm used to it. I just know I'm attracted to both sexes and am aware that the attraction to one can be a bit more intense than to the other as time passes.
    Ride it out and see what happens! Please accept this hilarious blog in recognition of you entering a "girl phase" ("phase" in the sense of "lunar phases", which come in cycles, rather than something which will wear off!).

It's the river around which Lancaster is built I imagine it must be really cold, thus my statement that I'd jump in it if what I had said made any sense. But it was merely for dramatic purposes! Don't make me act on my word haha
    I'd make a joke about "Frozen Charlotte" but that's not your real name. :sad:

EDIT: Looking at the scale..right now I think I'm a 4 going on a 5 some times
    Interesting. My "husband" (long story) at Cambridge said he's about a 2, and I said I was a 5.5/6. I observed that that makes him more gay than it makes me straight. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ride it out and see what happens! Please accept this hilarious blog in recognition of you entering a "girl phase" ("phase" in the sense of "lunar phases", which come in cycles, rather than something which will wear off!).
    :rofl2: I get in there and it says "your gaydar sucks"! 'Tis too true. I think that's one of the reasons I couldn't "ride it out". The other being I was told Lancaster wasn't the best place to enter a girl-pining phase :sad:

Very many thanks for the initiation, though :laugh:

I'd make a joke about "Frozen Charlotte" but that's not your real name. :sad:
    By saying that I think you were already making a bit of a joke But still, go right ahead! I do like awfu puns!

Interesting. My "husband" (long story) at Cambridge said he's about a 2, and I said I was a 5.5/6. I observed that that makes him more gay than it makes me straight. :p:
    Oh you lawyers...always knowing how to turn a phrase to your advantage :evil:

And I wish you and your husband all the marital (and probably sex-deprived) happiness in the world xDD

:rofl2: I get in there and it says "your gaydar sucks"! 'Tis too true. I think that's one of the reasons I couldn't "ride it out". The other being I was told Lancaster wasn't the best place to enter a girl-pining phase :sad:

Very many thanks for the initiation, though :laugh:
    Come to Cambridge with me - I genuinely know most of the LGBT girls there! I'm actually from up north near(ish) to Lancaster and I know what people mean. For some reason it's not particularly gay-friendly, although I wouldn't go so far as to say it's homophobic. :nah:

Oh you lawyers...always knowing how to turn a phrase to your advantage :evil:
    You love it really. :sexface: Don't feel bad for him - he gives as good as he gets (he's a lawyer too).

And I wish you and your husband all the marital (and probably sex-deprived) happiness in the world xDD
    Very much sex-deprived - we're "hoodies":

We're that close that until the middle of this year when I really started coming out, people (apparently) kept asking him if we were dating! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posted on here since what feels like ages. God you lots are chatty.

Anyways, tiring day at internship. The other interns can be ********s and my supervisor can be a right ******** sometimes. Yes. Yes. Yes

(Original post by anshul95)
    Haven't posted on here since what feels like ages. God you lots are chatty.

Anyways, tiring day at internship. The other interns can be ********s and my supervisor can be a right ******** sometimes. Yes. Yes. Yes
    What's the internship?

ReputationRep:
    I might not be going to the Fringe any more; I would only be able to be there for two nights if I went.

ReputationRep:
    Little lonesome in the room tonight, and it's only just gone ten o'clock :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Little lonesome in the room tonight
    Threesome, twosome, lonesome? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    Threesome, twosome, lonesome? :p:
    In that order :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I had a bizzare moment of revelation today. Staying with a friends sister and they have a baby and I realised that by the time they were my age I would be forty. Then I remember all the random friends/relatives who used to tell me the last time they saw me I was little and how I thought they were old. Then I realised that the seeds for that sort of event are now being sown for me.
    I think I might be over thinking while my brain has nothing to do (it hasn't even has to deal with more than the odd beer/g&t for 2 months now)

Little lonesome in the room tonight, and it's only just gone ten o'clock :sad:
    why so?

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.