Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Total BS. You can't trust Florentino Perez at all. Everything is political at Madrid. Its the job of the president to make Madrid appear to look strong at all times perfect example the Ronaldo contract rumours.

Have you forgotten what Higuain's own agent has been saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwndonTwn)
    Being an Arsenal fan, it pains me that I am relatively confident we'll do almost nothing this summer. The Suarez bid was in my opinion just a backup PR move so when we don't buy anyone the board and AW can say "errr, we looked but we could not find quality of high enough quality for the belief in our quality club for the right price"
    I highly doubt the club will be doing such PR things. Personally I'm confident of a good summer, at least better than previous ones. The board, Arsène and even Kroenke will most likely know that IF they don't go all out it this summer it will be curtains.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Villa to Athletico Madrid for £4.5m. Would've thought you guys would be all over him for that price. Probably not as good as Higuain but 4.5m.. not too shabby. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Lol we haven't even put a bid in for in Higuain.. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Messy)
    Villa to Athletico Madrid for £4.5m. Would've thought you guys would be all over him for that price. Probably not as good as Higuain but 4.5m.. not too shabby. :beard:
    Even just for backup, you can't argue with £4.5m tbh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Even just for backup, you can't argue with £4.5m tbh...
    But wage demands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    But wage demands.
    The cost of a player is a function of two parameters, namely the transfer fee and the wages.

Assuming his wages are around £100k a week, he would have roughly the same annualised cost as a player like Gervinho. Who I consider a backup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    But wage demands.
    You'd probably make a tonne of money off the kit sales to offset a good portion of those wages tbh, considering that £4.5m isn't that much for a player nowadays. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    that will be tough to emulate, they made like a £350mill profit on player sales alone in the last 10 years or something. Plus we literally never buy south americans in recent times atleast
    We bought Santos less than two years ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    We bought Santos less than two years ago
    Don't remind me :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    This summer I'm not going to have high expectation, so I don't set myself up for disappointment. Ah well we'll just have to see how the next few weeks go for the transfers.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Why look for strikers abroad theres decent quality in the English League's including Benteke, Michu and Remy just to name a few. And they'll be available for less than £20/£25 million plus they've all proven themselves in the Premier League.
    One good season means nothing. Even Michael Ricketts managed that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Yeah Spurs have a glorious tradition of top strikers like Peter Crouch and Freddie Kanoute...

Agree otherwise though. But top strikers are in short supply all over Europe. Its frankly ridiculous how many top attacking midfielders there are compared with top strikers.

Because they can. 20.000+ on the season ticket waiting list and most Arsenal fans these days are quite wealthy. Arsenal are absolutely shameless in milking the fanbase for every last shilling.
    It's called running a business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrick1509)
    I highly doubt the club will be doing such PR things. Personally I'm confident of a good summer, at least better than previous ones. The board, Arsène and even Kroenke will most likely know that IF they don't go all out it this summer it will be curtains.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I totally agree with you, I'm confident that this summer will be good for Arsenal. I hate to say it but patience...is a virtue.

I still think Higuain will join us tbh.

ReputationRep:
    "Atletico Madrid have signed David Villa from FC Barcelona for a fee worth to be around £4.4mill"

Spurs Fans:
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5y65bL1ik1qjehm8.gif

ReputationRep:
    Benteke just handed in a transfer request

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He won't be one of your targets but Benteke would be a very useful signing for Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Benteke just handed in a transfer request

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And Tancredi palmeri is reporting that City are after Jovetic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    One good season means nothing. Even Michael Ricketts managed that.

So you're saying Cazorla's 'one good season means nothing' does it? I'm guessing not cause we all know how good a player he is. And I think Benteke is another players who's good and lets remember his only 22 so his got plenty of time to improve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    So you're saying Cazorla's 'one good season means nothing' does it? I'm guessing not cause we all know how good a player he is. And I think Benteke is another players who's good and lets remember his only 22 so his got plenty of time to improve.
    Cazorla was good even before arsenal...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.