Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from arnold and porter (uk) by any chance regarding the vacation scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    Hi,

For anybody who has had previous experience completing the Watson Glazer test. Do you have any tips and/or suggestions on how to prepare effectively for it? Feel free to PM me or to reply directly on this thread

Thanks

I have done the Watson Glazer a couple of times. Practice is really important! There are some free tests (short versions) on the Linklaters and Hogan Lovells websites. It is good to know what each section of the Watson Glazer involves - and there is an explanation on this site: https://www.wikijob.co.uk/wiki/watson-glaser
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long law firms normally take to get back to you after a summer vacation scheme as to whether you have been successful with a training contract? someone said to me they wait until the end of summer incase you have multiple placements and then inform you in september and you make a decision? but this seems like a long wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodm001)
    Does anyone know how long law firms normally take to get back to you after a summer vacation scheme as to whether you have been successful with a training contract? someone said to me they wait until the end of summer incase you have multiple placements and then inform you in september and you make a decision? but this seems like a long wait!
    From my understanding, law firms aren't able to offer training contracts to people until they have started their third year in university. So you normally hear in September. Not sure if this is still the case but that's what I've been told!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    From my understanding, law firms aren't able to offer training contracts to people until they have started their third year in university. So you normally hear in September. Not sure if this is still the case but that's what I've been told!
    thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from ward hadaway yet? Anything at all?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmartin9)
    Anyone heard from ward hadaway yet? Anything at all?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I'm still waiting too!!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, also waiting for Shoosmiths Reading/Milton Keynes! I think we should hear by the 10th (next fri)

(Original post by Cristocracy)
    Waiting on my last hope - Shoosmiths Manchester/Reading.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Today - Cooley LLP anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawStudent30)
    (Original post by goodm001)
    thanks!!
    Pretty sure that rule has now been got rid of (it was a voluntary code in the first place anyway). Wonder if many firms will still stick to the 1st September thing anyway :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student652)
    Nothing yet so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fruit-twist)
    Nothing yet so frustrating
    It's so annoying, I would rather just be put out my misery! Feel like calling them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by husn)
    Has anyone heard anything from arnold and porter (uk) by any chance regarding the vacation scheme?
    I have an interview with them next week

ReputationRep:
    Nada, but assume a PFO as people have had their AC invites.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone still not heard from eversheds post face to face?

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't, didn't they say if we were successful we would hear by 1st may, so we have a bit of time!! Fingers crossed!!!
    From their email, I got the impression that they will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. I applied a week ago fingers crossed for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate1717)
    Has anyone still not heard from eversheds post face to face?
    I haven't. But I'm starting to assume its a PFO. I emailed Grad Rec this morning to ask when to hear back. (hopefully to end the painful wait!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xixi0lynn)
    I haven't. But I'm starting to assume its a PFO. I emailed Grad Rec this morning to ask when to hear back. (hopefully to end the painful wait!)
    Their twitter feed said it will be the end of this week, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    From their email, I got the impression that they will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis. I applied a week ago fingers crossed for us.
    Yeah! Me too I applied as soon as the application was open! Keep me posted if you hear anything!! Fingers crossed!!! 🙌

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from TLT London post skype interview?
    Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.