Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potatoo)
    Its in scotland. Greenock

How did you find out it had no keyboard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy•)
    If been predicted A2 in a subject then that tariff gets counted towards not the AS. Then the music and etc.
    wait whatttttttt. I thought it is the AS and A2 predicted combined

ReputationRep:
    say I wanted pharmacy s my backup, do I have to write a separate personal statement. Do you know which universities accept a medicine personal statement. Does UCL?

ReputationRep:
    whaaaat? What centre is that??
    u get your own room or this little cubicle with the computer. I was in a cubicle, when there were other people taking driving theory tests lol

ReputationRep:
    How did you find out it had no keyboard?
    A few people I know did their test in there

ReputationRep:
    not all universities look at UCAS tariff points. some just say I want A*AA from you if not bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    wait whatttttttt. I thought it is the AS and A2 predicted combined
    Lol no, AS grade doesn't mean anything once you have an A2

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh is the best university ever.....................I also liked Liverpool and Plymouth.

ReputationRep:
    Lol no, AS grade doesn't mean anything once you have an A2
    Oh right thanks. so when I am calculating my ucas tariff, i just look at my A2 predictions and of course stuff like grade 8 piano

ReputationRep:
    Guys the southampton cut-off is wrong on this thread, they rank candidates according to their ukcat, last year's lowest scoring candidate was 640, so the cut-off is not 705.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nuba123)
    I didn't invest in medify (which I kind of regret) if I end up with no offers then I'm going to invest in that next time round. But yeah the comparison was with the offical mocks. My number one tip is to improve your timing. I didn't have enough time to answer many of the questions adequately.
    Thanks, I find Edinburgh scary because people always say you need >700 to go there but I mean it's worth a shot, right? In which case I'll patch St. Andrews and apply for the other four. Btw thank you so much - I've literally been staring at the ceiling for 3 hours trying to figure out what to do... No one knows what's going on. In my family no one understand the scoring system and I tried asking for help at school but I basically got told to phone the unis up aka "leave me alone" XD
    Hey, still well done. Honestly if you can't get it this time, definitely get Medify next year. It will encourage you to practice your timing as well.

ReputationRep:
    I am either going far up north or south. London is too expensive and crowded and highly competitive. If you want to save some money then go somewhere out of London. It is preferable to live out and learn to cope by yourself than just depending on your parents. Getting into a London uni is a nightmare. my friend from the year above tried to get into a London Uni and she failed first time round due to the unbelievable amount of competition

ReputationRep:
    My test is on the 27th. Been practicing using the Kaplan book, 1000Q's, UKCATNinja and Medify. I'm very optimistic this year as I have learned that quality over quantity is key in this test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    Hey, still well done. Honestly if you can't get it this time, definitely get Medify next year. It will encourage you to practice your timing as well.
    Yeah, definitely. Thank you - it's really hard to stay motivated but sometimes you just have to go with the flow and enjoy the journey. Best of luck for your UKCAT if you've still to sit it.

ReputationRep:
    UCL is the most attractive in London in terms of uni life and education. others are okayyyyy, but might as well go to somewhere cheaper than an expensive area when the uni life and education is similar

ReputationRep:
    Brighton asks for BMAT which is slightly heartbreaking

ReputationRep:
    biomed or pharm or neuroscience as backup. do I have to put a backup. clearing is the way I could get into uni otherwise if I dont get into med

ReputationRep:
    I medicine having done work experience at hospitals and disabled care home etc

ReputationRep:
    ukcat tips. answer a couple of the DM questions although it doesn't count. if not just skip through it and finish the exam as soon as possible to avoid stresssssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deathbeforeimmortality)
    My test is on the 27th. Been practicing using the Kaplan book, 1000Q's, UKCATNinja and Medify. I'm very optimistic this year as I have learned that quality over quantity is key in this test.
    Is this your second time sitting the test? if so what did you get the 1st time if you don't mind me asking? and how did you spend your gap year?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.