This discussion is closed.
QBC123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jong Il Kim)
or maybe an offer?
Then they would have gotten an offer last Friday with the rest!
Beef_Eater
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
valid points, but I have to disagree with you there. Could you provide me any sources?
Well someone got rejected from Warwick and the feedback was like they have already given out over 600 offers therefore competition is high.

I assume the case is the same with LSE.

But as I say at the end of the script, its only my opinion and whether you agree or disagree, that's up to you.
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Beef_Eater)
Well someone got rejected from Warwick and the feedback was like they have already given out over 600 offers therefore competition is high.

I assume the case is the same with LSE.

But as I say at the end of the script, its only my opinion and whether you agree or disagree, that's up to you.
I have to disagree with you there. As far as I know, LSE do not give out that many offers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard LSE give out marginal number of offers like Oxbridge.
Ah, anyways, it's better for us if they give out more offers!
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by QBC123)
Then they would have gotten an offer last Friday with the rest!
What do you mean by that?
QBC123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
What do you mean by that?
I guess we will find out on Friday!
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So if it is a shortlist email then everyone who doesnt get one should then be rejected on Friday?! Because those who get offers straight away, have offers! Those who are still being 'considered' have this email. Everyone else should then be getting a rejection?!
I guess we will find out on Friday!
then do you mean that ALL oxbirdge candidates without a gathered pile email will get a straight rejection this Friday?? That doesn't make any sense. There are still too many of them and it would be absurd to claim that they reject those quality applicants who had to wait more than three months. Think about it - it is way too harsh for candidates if the final outcome of three months of perseverance is just a straight rejection. If they wanted to reject us, then they could have done so much earlier and I am sure that they have already gone through our applications at least once. Although LSE is a very competitive university to get into, there should have been or should be more offers for early applicants. (I'm talking about pure economics in this case) But I guess this friday will more likely be a rejection day though; as stated above, this week will be the moment of truth for most of the early applicants. In brief, all I want is an offer from LSE lol.
facetious
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
has anyone who applied in november got an offer/rejection yet? cos i applied in late november, havent heard anything from lse, except an acknowledgement of my application..
yhgoh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
QBC123: Hello fellow gathered-pile law applicant, join the club! I've been waiting since November, nice to have some company haha

Jong Il: Since they're giving out gathered-pile emails even now, I think it's likely that whoever is an early applicant (oxbridge deadline) and hasn't gotten the email will hear, one way or another, within the next few weeks, whereas those in the gathered-pile will probably have to wait MUCH longer, ie. march. In fact it makes more sense now; there were arguably way too many early applicants who haven't heard anything as of today for them all to receive a straightforward offer or rejection this early. I saw a thread from 2007 for gathered-pile people in the law sub-forum; many of them hadn't heard by march. Hope this helps
kreamied
Report 9 years ago
i think we all need to calm our nerves down somewhat (= no pt worrying abt it. sheesh i'd love an offer too but i guess it won't help to mope over it. in any case, good luck to all! especially the more active ones recently qbc123, beef_eater, dear leader jong il, etc!
QBC123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yhgoh)
QBC123: Hello fellow gathered-pile law applicant, join the club! I've been waiting since November, nice to have some company haha

Jong Il: Since they're giving out gathered-pile emails even now, I think it's likely that whoever is an early applicant (oxbridge deadline) and hasn't gotten the email will hear, one way or another, within the next few weeks, whereas those in the gathered-pile will probably have to wait MUCH longer, ie. march. In fact it makes more sense now; there were arguably way too many early applicants who haven't heard anything as of today for them all to receive a straightforward offer or rejection this early. I saw a thread from 2007 for gathered-pile people in the law sub-forum; many of them hadn't heard by march. Hope this helps
haha it is KILLING ME man! you have no idea! I was truly hoping that I would be finding out my fate this week but all I get is an email you got in November! I just wish I knew why it took SO long for me to get the gathered-pile email?! And why are there SO FEW gathered pile law applicants compared to everything else?! Also what are your grades and subjects if you don't mind?

(Original post by kreamied)
i think we all need to calm our nerves down somewhat (= no pt worrying abt it. sheesh i'd love an offer too but i guess it won't help to mope over it. in any case, good luck to all! especially the more active ones recently qbc123, beef_eater, dear leader jong il, etc!
Cheers friend! We will need it! TBH I do not know what I would do without TSR keeping me in the loop!

x
Jong Il Kim
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by yhgoh)

haha it is KILLING ME man! you have no idea! I was truly hoping that I would be finding out my fate this week but all I get is an email you got in November! I just wish I knew why it took SO long for me to get the gathered-pile email?! And why are there SO FEW gathered pile law applicants compared to everything else?! Also what are your grades and subjects if you don't mind?
lol yeah agreed. Unfounded speculations won't do any favour anyway. good luck to all
I hope most of us - esp. active members of this forum - will get an offer soon!
MPA_LSE_reply
Report 9 years ago
Hello everyone, i'm first time here, just wanted to find out if there are candidates for MPA, if so, have any one heard about offers?
yhgoh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Cheers friend! We will need it! TBH I do not know what I would do without TSR keeping me in the loop!

x
I'm an international mature applicant (spent 2 years in the army here), took Cambridge O levels instead of GCSEs and they'd be equiv. to 9A*2A (our system calls them A1 and A2, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...ry_and_format).

Did A levels, AAAA for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics (we don't do AS, just one exam at the end of 2 years). I assume LSE's your first choice? It is for me; else it's King's, have an unconditional from them. Hope everything goes well for you!
Marcx89
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And why are there SO FEW gathered pile law applicants compared to everything else?! Also what are your grades and subjects if you don't mind?
x
Haha, if you knew! I'm the only one i know on TSR with a gathered field email for social policy with government!
I feel so lonely sometimes lol.

Btw, does anyone know how long it generaly takes for the admission office to reply to an email?
Cathinka
Report 9 years ago
and what about me? I am in a fragile state, I need someone to wish me good luck!!!!
Economist1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cathinka)
and what about me? I am in a fragile state, I need someone to wish me good luck!!!!
Good luck!
jewelz
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
If you still haven't received anything or been sent shortlist and gathered pile emails(including recent ones)..is that a good or bad news?..
yhgoh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
depends when u applied i guess? if you've been waiting a couple months already i guess you should expect something in the next few weeks...else probably a little longer, i mean it's less than a week since jan 15 passed, they might not have gotten to your application yet
tl1015
Report 9 years ago
I have to disagree with you there. As far as I know, LSE do not give out that many offers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard LSE give out marginal number of offers like Oxbridge.
Ah, anyways, it's better for us if they give out more offers!

I read somewhere about the ratio of offers per place but I cant find it anymore, the following is taken from the LSE site

The School allocates places separately for EU and non-EU students to programmes
within departments. Each programme has a target for registrations and a target for
offers. The offer target is higher than the registration target, as we assume that some
offer-holders will fail to meet the conditions of their offer and that a number will
choose to accept offers at other universities.

correct me if im wrong but i think its 3:1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just came back from exam, anything happened today?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
27.2%
No (91)
72.8%

Watched Threads