Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Yes, ads are annoying. But it's the price I have to pay if I want to watch something on a big screen instead of on my laptop :coma: (unless it's BBC).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    Last film I watched with ads was The Cove. It was annoying, but it was definitely worth it.
    I've got that on my Lovefilm list.

(Original post by rofflewaffle)
    Yes, ads are annoying. But it's the price I have to pay if I want to watch something on a big screen instead of on my laptop :coma: (unless it's BBC).
    Why don't you get a cheap DVD player? :holmes:

I've got a PS3 linked to my plasma. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)

Why don't you get a cheap DVD player? :holmes:

I've got a PS3 linked to my plasma. :coma:
    But then i'd have to buy DVDs :shifty:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rofflewaffle)
    But then i'd have to buy DVDs :shifty:.
    Not necessarily. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. :ninja:
    Effort tbh. :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    It's fantastic, definitely worth watching.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a documentary has ever been nominated for the Best Picture Oscar? I can't think of any off-hand.

ReputationRep:
    It's fantastic, definitely worth watching.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if a documentary has ever been nominated for the Best Picture Oscar? I can't think of any off-hand.
    I believe March of the Penguins may have been (despite winning in another category).

If you feel like checking, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy...r_Best_Picture

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen The Expendables yet?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Last night I watched Wall E for the first time. it is possibly the most adorbale film I have ever seen. I love how there are about two lines in the entire film and yet you can un derstand the complexity of emotions from two robots perfectly! awww Wall E and Eve are so sweet :loveduck: :love: plus the whole environment/lazy humanity/climate change metaphor was very obvious :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thejonsmith)
    I believe March of the Penguins may have been (despite winning in another category).

If you feel like checking, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academy...r_Best_Picture
    I don't think Penguins was nominated for it. Doesn't look like any documentaries have.

(Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Anyone seen The Expendables yet?
    I'm going to see it next week.

I don't think Penguins was nominated for it. Doesn't look like any documentaries have.

I'm going to see it next week.
    Watched Tropic Thunder?

A thread about Toy Story 3 being racist and sexist is really taking the piss.

Why do people have to over analyse FFS. :facepalm2:

By the way Phalanges, can we have this thread as a sticky?

Attention

ReputationRep:
    Last day of voting guys, and we currently have only 4 votes! So make sure you get your votes in by tonight.

(Original post by S-man10)
    Watched Tropic Thunder?
    Not yet. Watched 21 though, such a cool film. Jim Sturgess looks like a really good actor.

ReputationRep:
    A thread about Toy Story 3 being racist and sexist is really taking the piss.

Why do people have to over analyse FFS. :facepalm2:
    I can't be bothered to get involved in that thread. The OP seemed to be asking for quotas of actors from different ethnicities in films, that is just stupid.

By the way Phalanges, can we have this thread as a sticky?
    I'm not a moderator of this forum. :p: I have as little power as anyone else does here.

I can't be bothered to get involved in that thread. The OP seemed to be asking for quotas of actors from different ethnicities in films, that is just stupid.

I'm not a moderator of this forum. :p: I have as little power as anyone else does here.
    Can you request to be a mod of this forum. Seeing as you do post actively in the films section. Or can you ask CS to make this thread a sticky. This is a official society after all. The other society has been pretty dead as of lately.

You have to watch Tropic Thunder. I would love to hear your views on it.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what're people in the thread supposed to be voting for? :beard:

Can nay be arsed to go back and find out. :sigh:

Out of interest, what're people in the thread supposed to be voting for? :beard:

There is a film review competition. 6 people have submitted their reviews, and you read em all and vote for the one you think is best.

There is a sticky thread in the main forum. Read the reviews and vote please.

ReputationRep:
    Can you request to be a mod of this forum. Seeing as you do post actively in the films section. Or can you ask CS to make this thread a sticky. This is a official society after all. The other society has been pretty dead as of lately.

You have to watch Tropic Thunder. I would love to hear your views on it.
    That's not quite how being made a mod works. :p: You are either invited or they will open nominations and the people who use the forum can say who they would like to have.

I've sent CS a PM about it though, we'll see what he thinks of the idea.

And yeah, I want to watch it soon though. My film time is being limited this weekend though as it's the start of the Prem.

Film review competition on There Will Be Blood: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1353298

It would be great to get your vote. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thread stickied (should that be stuck?).

ReputationRep:
    Film review competition on There Will Be Blood: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1353298

It would be great to get your vote. :p:
    Ah right, seems like a good concept. I'll have a read through now, try and remember to take a note of which review I thought best, then PM CS at the appropriate time!

I may have to get involved and write a review next time.

EDIT - Hm, to vote for 1 or 4... :beard:

To be honest, I agree with 6, but I don't think it's quite up to the quality of the other two submissions I've mentioned.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.