Queen Mary 2011 Applicant's Thread Watch

Olivia_Lightbulb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Wookie42)
"From 3 A levels". Using your fourth AS would make it 3.5 I'm afraid.
Damn I now hate QM. I got all excited thinking I had a low (-ish) offer and BAM! No I don't... :huff:
Wookie42
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Olivia_Lightbulb)
Damn I now hate QM. I got all excited thinking I had a low (-ish) offer and BAM! No I don't... :huff:
I feel your pain, makes your fourth AS pretty much a total waste to be honest.
Olivia_Lightbulb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Wookie42)
I feel your pain, makes your fourth AS pretty much a total waste to be honest.
I'm actually doing 4 A2s so the pain is doubly worse ... I feel so bitter this evening :grumble:
scottpilgrim
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just got the same offer for history, and was dead excited coz it sounded like a low offer!
Still, QM is my top choice so I'm going to accept and will hopefully see y'all there in September
jayjaybird33
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I just got acknowledged yet again....-_-
NiekoHayer
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hey there! Totaly new to student room

I got my offer for Politics at QM this morning, 340 tariff points.. VERY excited. Spent the whole day on the QM website looking at the accomodation and everything haha.. only a year to go!!
niddlez
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Good morning lovelies!

I just received this e-mail:
Many thanks for your UCAS application to Queen Mary, University of London. I
am just writing to let you know that we have received your application and
that it is currently with the Admissions Tutor. You will be hearing from us
shortly.

Kind regards

Lisa
Did any of you who received offers get this e-mail? If so, how long after did you actually get the offer? How short is "shortly"?!

I MUST KNOW!

Congratulations to everyone with offers You are all genius/amazing/flawless, etc.
mir3a
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by niddlez)
Good morning lovelies!

I just received this e-mail:

Did any of you who received offers get this e-mail? If so, how long after did you actually get the offer? How short is "shortly"?!

I MUST KNOW!

Congratulations to everyone with offers You are all genius/amazing/flawless, etc.
No, never got that e-mail, just an acknowledgement, then a straight offer, and now an invite to their open day which commences today at 1:45PM.
niddlez
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mir3a)
No, never got that e-mail, just an acknowledgement, then a straight offer, and now an invite to their open day which commences today at 1:45PM.
Thanks! Have fun at the open day bb
Kaskade
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I got an offer last night for Law! Although I don't know the exact conditions... I suspect it will be AAA, but i'm hoping it will be "360 UCAS points" so I can get A*AB or something ^^. I only got an update from UCAS, no email or anything. Anyone from Law know their conditions? Thanks and giood luck all!
Izzyhalsall
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Recieved an offer for Physics (F300) today at 11:28 (3 hours before the "We'll contact you within 7 days" deadline), asking for (typical) BBB. Awesome =D Hope everyone else got what they wished for too!
yilyn
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kaskade)
I got an offer last night for Law! Although I don't know the exact conditions... I suspect it will be AAA, but i'm hoping it will be "360 UCAS points" so I can get A*AB or something ^^. I only got an update from UCAS, no email or anything. Anyone from Law know their conditions? Thanks and giood luck all!
Congratulations on your offer. A friend of mine got AAA offer.
mir3a
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What did you guys think of the Maths open day today?
ballroombabe
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just got an email inviting me to interview. Really, really nervous but it's not for 3 weeks yet :afraid: It's for english, could anyone who has already been through this please share what questions you were asked etc. It also says that I might have to look at a text (previously unseen) and comment on it :eek::eek: Please, please help! Queen Mary's is my FAVOURITE uni and I'm terrified I'm going to mess this up
SkyNinja
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Il be applying for Materials Science and Engineering (1st choice) .......IF my college decides to ever get my reference done. Really hope i get an offer
ForFreedom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ballroombabe)
Just got an email inviting me to interview. Really, really nervous but it's not for 3 weeks yet :afraid: It's for english, could anyone who has already been through this please share what questions you were asked etc. It also says that I might have to look at a text (previously unseen) and comment on it :eek::eek: Please, please help! Queen Mary's is my FAVOURITE uni and I'm terrified I'm going to mess this up
Um...my friend had an interview at QM for English...I never heard anything about an unseen text though. She told me that they ask about books you've read, go into detail about one, question things on your application and why you want to study at QM. It's very informal - they basically just go off from your answers.
ForFreedom
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by mecks17)
i have an interview for Geography on the 1st of December, has anyone got any advice?
Interview advice needed here as well!
Mr. Mortell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ballroombabe)
Ah ok, thanks

What kind of questions do you get asked (if you don't mind me asking) ? Can you give me some examples?
It is unlikely that you'll be asked to look at a previously unseen text. Very few lecturers choose to do that, and normally the joint honours students don't get them.

Even if you did, the interview is very light hearted and quite informal. Expect to answer "Why English & History?" "Why Queen Mary?" and "Why London?". Be well versed in your personal statement and be prepared to talk about anything you mentioned in it.

Other than that the day will be fine. I will be about on the day (though helping out with the Drama side of things) and can assure you it is really relaxed and friendly.

If you have any other questions about English, or QM in general let me know and I'll answer them for you.
ragnarok9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just received an AAA offer for Law!!!
Rich_183
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ForFreedom)
Interview advice needed here as well!
Relax, take it easy, be yourself and have a quick browse of your ps beforehand
good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (162)
26.91%
No (440)
73.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise