Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "PayPal

The PayPal website was taken down by a cyber attack on Tuesday, although its service remained in operation. A spokesman admitted it had suspended payments to WikiLeaks after being pressured to do so by the US State Department."

Sums everything up nicely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiirk)
    Wish the media would acknowledge that it is NOT the wikileaks DDoSing, it's people who are "Anti anti-wikileaks" if that makes sense, pinning the blame on the wikileaks is distorting the truth.

They are not part of wikileaks itself, but rather a group who agree with their ideas and as trying to aid their progress.

Makes interesting news though.
    They have, they haven't stated that the group is a part of wikileaks.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty pathetic from all the idiots riding on the "save Assange" bandwagon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le_Bow)
    Pretty pathetic from all the idiots riding on the "save Assange" bandwagon.
    They're not trying to revert us into the stone age, it's simply a demonstration of public dissent. Plus this is only using a few thousand volunteers, 10 thousand could close a credit card's dealings for a whole day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    How so?
    It's pathetic how they feel the need to state their cause by performing illegal acts like hacking.

(Original post by Architecture-er)
    They're not trying to revert us into the stone age, it's simply a demonstration of public dissent. Plus this is only using a few thousand volunteers, 10 thousand could close a credit card's dealings for a whole day.
    It's an illegal act to hack, it's pretty pathetic that they feel it's ok to "protest" in this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Le_Bow)
    It's pathetic how they feel the need to state their cause by performing illegal acts like hacking.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Im not sure about Wikileaks now tbh at first I thought it was ok and good but now they have started releasing leaks that could cause damage like the list of US vulnerable targets all over the world. Might as well have written Osama's Christmas list for him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yeah nice. You might care if there is a wave of terrorist attacks across the country aimed at those targets

ReputationRep:
    If the day before yesterday was a total failure of democracy, yesterday was a winner! Woo! I hope they keep paypal down for as long as it takes.

Assange's lawyers are meeting him today, I bet he'll be pleased :awesome:

ReputationRep:

[img]http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4148727/*****-Please.jpg?imageSize=Large&gener atorName=Assange-Hand[/img]

(Original post by Shadowplay)
    If the day before yesterday was a total failure of democracy, yesterday was a winner! Woo! I hope they keep paypal down for as long as it takes.

Assange's lawyers are meeting him today, I bet he'll be pleased :awesome:
    You bring tears to my eyes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanT)
    Also raises some very important questions about whether we want this country in the EU. Perhaps one of the consequences of the wikileaks will be giving the Austrian-led No to Turkey campaign the ammunition needed to prevent accession of what is in effect; a hostile state. If it achieves that I'll buy the man a beer. Everyone should have the right to know this stuff is going on. The UK government officially supports Turkish accession to the EU; does it know about the Turkish Al-Queda link? If it does, there's some very difficult questions to be answered.
    Are you sure that Wikileaks is not all made up by america and it is not a plan to get into Turkey as they've wanted this land for ages. By saying Turkey helped Al-Quida it means Turkey's international status will be slumped. I dont think America should be trusted at all in this case and people shouldnt take these released information by precaution. i still dont understand why countries are not standing up for all this just yet and just taking it all in, someone needs to do something about what America is doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    Are you sure that Wikileaks is not all made up by america and it is not a plan to get into Turkey as they've wanted this land for ages. By saying Turkey helped Al-Quida it means Turkey's international status will be slumped. I dont think America should be trusted at all in this case and people shouldnt take these released information by precaution. i still dont understand why countries are not standing up for all this just yet and just taking it all in, someone needs to do something about what America is doing.
    Since America has long been pushing for Turkey to join the EU; in short, no.

Americans are the enemy of the European peoples. They have no history, so they are trying to destroy ours with Turkish accession to a European super-state. Turkey is being wielded as a cultural WMD against western Europeans by Americans trying to prevent the return of Europeans to global pre-eminence. We already have a substantially larger economy then the Americans and much more soft power then hollywood could dream of. More importantly there is much room for growth in the EU economy (Bulgaria etc), that America just doesn't have.

The pre-eminence of America is just a historical burp, arising out of the devastating impact of two civil wars in Europe (ww1, ww2). The real masters of the world are on the march for a new European century.

ReputationRep:
    Assange for Time Magazine's Person of the Year ftw.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...on-Amazon.html - Hackers planning to attack Amazon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...y-old-man.html - South Africa tells the US that Mugabe is a 'crazy old man' that can't be dealt with through quiet diplomacy

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...overnment.html - Apparently Shell (the oil company) has infiltrated every level of the Nigerian government and operates in it / operates parts of it, pretty shocking but not even that surprising

ReputationRep:
    this may be rather conspiracy theorish, and depends on it not being a bluff.

if the wikileaks 'insurance file' is supposed to unlock after assange dies then could it perhaps have information that would cause an assassination attempt on him if he were still alive? maybe its really incendiary information about the war on terror or about US conduct in wars that they really want to keep on the quiet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MoanyLisa)
    Guardian:
    Sky News has this twist to the WikiLeaks saga: Inmates at Wandsworth prison are pushing notes of support under the cell door of Julian Assange.

A source at the prison said, among several notes Mr Assange received, are ones saying: "Hi Julian - good luck," "Sorry you're in here - it's wrong" and "We are one within here - Merry Christmas". Another said: "Dear Julian, welcome to the real Frontline Club," referring to the journalists' club in London where he was staying before his arrest.

How would they know? :holmes:
    Very odd if its true.

ReputationRep:
    Guardian:
    Sky News has this twist to the WikiLeaks saga: Inmates at Wandsworth prison are pushing notes of support under the cell door of Julian Assange.

A source at the prison said, among several notes Mr Assange received, are ones saying: "Hi Julian - good luck," "Sorry you're in here - it's wrong" and "We are one within here - Merry Christmas". Another said: "Dear Julian, welcome to the real Frontline Club," referring to the journalists' club in London where he was staying before his arrest.

How would they know? :holmes:
    They have TV and news in there y'know

I guess they saw him being brought in? Pretty nice if it's true

ReputationRep:
    lol. I meant, how do Sky News know :lol:
    ah :lol:, they must employ ninjas.

What do you think of the anonymous

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.