Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingkev)
    Hmm interesting...if the pats were still in you would probably be saying exactly the same thing.
    At present in the postseason, the Packers pretty much hold all the best stats:

1. Rodgers best QB, Roethlisberger doesn't even touch Rodgers.
    2. Most rushing yards
    3. Most interceptions
    4. Decent sack stats.

Yeah obv it isn't dead cert they are gonna win or even reach the SB but it's looking all rosy.

We'll see what happens this weekend.
    I'm going to laugh so hard if the Bears beat Green Bay.
    On another note, i think it's a bad idea to distinguish Rodgers as a god of a QB. He really isn't. You judged his performaces pre concussion and against the Falcons where he has had good games. Look at the beginning of the season, he got dicked 0-2 in the first two games and lost in back to back overtimes. "amazing" qb's dont let it go to OT. Try looking at the stats in season, Rodgers is no where near the top. And i forgot, didn't Green Bay rely on a wild card entry? Oh yeah, they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick_carr91)
    Kansas City Chiefs fan here, which has been depressing for a few seasons but all is good now. How did most people get into watching/following nfl?
    Chiefs are a great team. Tamba Hali is a monster and Matt Cassel is great! A New England Product actually :L

EDIT: I got into the NFL by watching the AFC Championship game of 2006 in which my future team (the Patriots) lost an epic game against the Colts. From my intrigue gained there I bought Madden 08 for PS2 and played it a LOT! Got obsessed, watched more on tv, did internet research, bought new games. And now I have a full blown addiction :P

ReputationRep:
    Any bears and fudge packer fans in here?

SO pumped for sunday should be a great game

BEAR DOWN

ReputationRep:
    This is why i love the Eagles and Cole.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelph...ent-Cole-wired
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The best wired of all time was with Favre, just talked about chicken for the entire game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    The best wired of all time was with Favre, just talked about chicken for the entire game.

Haha blimey i've always thought Favre was a tool with no sense of humour.

"Take it easy on me fellas am gettin' old"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)

I loved Favre as a Packer (and last year as a Viking). This year and his year with the Jets sucked! Tainted a legend for me. Such a shame, he will forever be remembered as the guy who didn't know when to quit.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by S129439)
    I loved Favre as a Packer (and last year as a Viking). This year and his year with the Jets sucked! Tainted a legend for me. Such a shame, he will forever be remembered as the guy who didn't know when to quit.
    Yeah, as a Packer he was pretty much the ultimate QB, no doubt about it. I saw him play for the Jets when I was in NY in 2008, against the Giants.

I honestly thought joining the Vikings was better for his career than the Jets were to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Yeah, as a Packer he was pretty much the ultimate QB, no doubt about it. I saw him play for the Jets when I was in NY in 2008, against the Giants.

I honestly thought joining the Vikings was better for his career than the Jets were to be honest.
    Hell yeah no doubt! 22 picks with NY in a system he didn't fit in. He was better in Minnesota.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hell yeah no doubt! 22 picks with NY in a system he didn't fit in. He was better in Minnesota.
    Filed for retirement 3 days ago didn't he? Credit to him, even though everyone said he should just quit he pulled out one of his best pro seasons with the Vikings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Filed for retirement 3 days ago didn't he? Credit to him, even though everyone said he should just quit he pulled out one of his best pro seasons with the Vikings.
    Filed for retirement for the 3rd time. Favre-watch is officially on! (Hint, get the podcast 'NFL Rants and Raves' if you don't already). Two American guys who just chat a mix of NFL and current affairs and randoms in their lives. Quite amusing if you appreciate American humour.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Filed for retirement for the 3rd time. Favre-watch is officially on! (Hint, get the podcast 'NFL Rants and Raves' if you don't already). Two American guys who just chat a mix of NFL and current affairs and randoms in their lives. Quite amusing if you appreciate American humour.
    Meh, I don't think he will be back, the Vikings won't want him again, else they only hinder their programmes for younger QB development. No other team will have him has a starter (meh, maybe the Eagles :teehee:).

ReputationRep:
    favre's gonna retire for definite this time.
    the streak's over, i'm pretty certain that's the only reason he kept playing

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame, he will forever be remembered as the guy who didn't know when to quit.
    seriously

seriously

in 20 years nobody will remember that he had one bad season
    they'll remember that he started 5000 games in a row and threw for 900 yards one day after his dad died.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by munn)
    in 20 years nobody will remember that he had one bad season
    they'll remember that he started 5000 games in a row and threw for 900 yards one day after his dad died.
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Favre's overrated. Sure he's inhumanly fit to have played for so long, and he's been reasonably consistent as an above-average quarterback for that whole time, but most of his records are just a result of how long he's played. Record numbers of attempts, starts, and touchdowns are matched by record numbers of fumbles, interceptions, and sacks. This article tried to defend his interception rate, but he only wins in comparison with people who stopped playing years ago, who played a different game. His 3.3% rate is ridiculously high for the last decade, when he's been nowhere near competing with Manning (2.8%), Brees (2.7%), Brady (2.3%) and McNabb (2.1%). And its not just his INTs, his career regular season win-loss rate of 186-112 is solid, but not spectacular.

Plus what kind of football player cries on tv?

Seahawks.

Hope GB go on to win the whole thing now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    :teehee:
    i like how you emboldened that but not the "threw for over 900 yards", obviously i was exaggerating...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by munn)
    i like how you emboldened that but not the "threw for over 900 yards", obviously i was exaggerating...
    I know, but the 5000 made me laugh the most. I would have emboldened the 900 too, if it said 9000.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    x
    I wouldn't say that rate is 'ridiculously high', sure, it may be higher than others, but not by a massive amount, even compared to Brady.

Brady at 2.3% and Favre at 3.3% effectively means that if both Brady and Favre threw 100 balls each, 2 of Brady's would be intercepted, compared to 3 or Favre's. I wouldn't say that is ridiculous to be honest.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.