The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadine10
congrats! when did you get the message? and did it show up in ucas or ur email?

I got it yesterday around 1pm. I just happened to be logged into my email account and a message popped up. It didn't say anything about Warwick until I opened it up, thought it was spam at first... :smile: UCAS doesn't mention anything about an interview though.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by S_123
Ah awesome!! Which subject? :biggrin: Congrats! :five:

Thank you! English Literature with Creative Writing :banana2:
Reply 502
Original post by saeyan
Yes it is. AAB, sorry, should have mentioned it earlier. I'm getting my school to write to them about the English requirement, so hopefully I won't have to take the tests.

Can you please explain more on the school writing to them? What does the school have to do with this? What will they write and how would that help? Will they be emailing them or sending the school profile? Did they want such a letter from the school? Is it ok to discuss about the conditions with the universities or is it simpler to just fulfill them?:confused::confused:
Reply 503
Original post by clairelou
would anyone be able to add me to the table?!

Subject Applied for:
PPE

GCSEs:
10A*s3As

ASs:
AAAAAB

A2 Predictions:
A*A*A*A

and i haven't had an offer or anything yet! :smile: xx

:wavey::wavey::wavey: no ppe offers here too D: where else have you applied to? :smile:
Original post by new123
Excellent. Where else have you applied and when was your UCAS submitted? What were the requirements?

Did you receive the offer today?

Offer was AAA including maths so i think that works out as AA and ive also applied to cambridge, york, newcastle and bristol :smile:
Anyone coming to the open day this Saturday? If you get shown AV, I'll say :hi: considering you guys are acquisitioning my room :hmmm:
Just got an offer for physics :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 507
Original post by Phredd
Just got an offer for physics :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done. When was your UCAS sent out and what are the conditions?

Is this your first offer?

At what time was the track update email recd?
Original post by new123
Well done. When was your UCAS sent out and what are the conditions?

Is this your first offer?

At what time was the track update email recd?

Conditions are AAA to include maths and physics (does anyone know if that means its only a 2-grade offer, since i already have A* maths?)

I sent in my UCAS on 11/10 and was aknowledged by warwick on 13/10. I haven't actually got the email yet, I just happened to log into track.

yeah its my first offer :smile:
Reply 509
Original post by Phredd
Conditions are AAA to include maths and physics (does anyone know if that means its only a 2-grade offer, since i already have A* maths?)

I sent in my UCAS on 11/10 and was aknowledged by warwick on 13/10. I haven't actually got the email yet, I just happened to log into track.

Where did you find the conditions? it just says conditional on my UCAS (maths+phys)
congratulations on the offer
Reply 510
Original post by Phredd

Once track updates, you receive immediate notification stating "some change has happened in your track". Did you not get it? That is rather coincidental that you logged into track and saw the offer wthout any notification:smile:
Original post by Hudzy
Where did you find the conditions? it just says conditional on my UCAS (maths+phys)

Have you tried clicking on the course code? :smile:
Original post by Hudzy

If you click on the course code, which is a red link, it takes you to the full details of the course.

Original post by new123
Once track updates, you receive immediate notification stating "some change has happened in your track". Did you not get it? That is rather coincidental that you logged into track and saw the offer wthout any notification:smile:

Definately haven't received anything yet :s-smilie:
I suppose it is quite a coincidence, but then i do log in fairly regularly :smile:
Reply 513
Username: Martik
Applying for: Physics
GCSE's: A*A*AAAAAAAAAB
Complete A levels: Maths A*, Physics A*, Chemistry A, Biology A.
Reply 514
Original post by Phredd
If you click on the course code, which is a red link, it takes you to the full details of the course.

Definately haven't received anything yet :s-smilie:
I suppose it is quite a coincidence, but then i do log in fairly regularly :smile:

If you log into track before the email comes through, the email will never come through. I did it too! :biggrin:
Original post by new123

Original post by thomas93
If you log into track before the email comes through, the email will never come through. I did it too! :biggrin:

Email from track just came through now :smile:
I'm presuming warwick will send an email aswell though? or not?
Reply 516
Original post by Beth1234
Have you tried clicking on the course code? :smile:

Yeah finally worked it out :tongue:
A*AA with the A* in maths or FM and an A in physics, so really AA for me (did maths A2 early).
Reply 517
Original post by Phredd
Email from track just came through now :smile:
I'm presuming warwick will send an email aswell though? or not?

Did you figure out the time lag between track update and email notification? This is the greatest discovery I guess since many are still figuring it out :smile:

What is your course code?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 518
Original post by new123
Congratulations on your offer.

What course code have you applied for?

FG31
Reply 519
Original post by new123
4 year course?

Looks like most of the depts are first giving out offers for 4 year degree. Any idea why? Observed the same for Warwick Maths as well.

It is the 4 year course. I'm not of any reason why they would give out offers for the 4 year degree first as you can generally switch between the courses when you are there, so the choice makes little difference.

Quick Reply

Latest