The 50 hour study week trial - TRY IT- I'LL JOIN YOU! Watch

Nayberay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did 3 hours of Philosophy and 2 and a half hours of Maths.

This is awesome for me as I haven't been revising properly like I should have been..

Its a good feeling afterwards, finally deactivated the Facebook too, waay to much of a distraction. Leechblock for other time wasting websites.

Hope everyone is good.
humera01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okay, soi m realy realy depressed....iv just about beocme ocnfident that i may be able to get an A in My eurapean paper for history but am realy strugling with my british (1900-1918)- im scared that its going to pull down my overall grade.I think i need to write myself a plan, if i write it on here ti will feel official and hopefuly ill be more likely to stick to it.
Today I have revised through two topics (there are about 7 altogether)...tonight i wnat to finish two more.Tumarow i have got three free's in school so is i should(fingers crossed) get through the other two topics than. Than after school i need to continuily to do pass papers and eprfect my exam technique(for soem reason my head goes blank when i look at the question)- i relay need to practice the pass papers, in timed conditions.
Than on thursday I need to do 2 C1 papers and 2 S1 papers after school, and recap one chapter of european history.
Friday- split the afternoon between maths, history, and do 1 business pass paper.
Saterday- s1 and s1 again.
sunday- s1 , c1 ,and history.
monday exams start!

i feel that i ahve got some sort of plan and i might just be able to fit ma revision in---- by the way i suggest you guys try doign this(type ur slef upa quick timetable on here) , i dont now why i feel like I have to stick to it if i put it on here. : )
kerribbz_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been doing a pitiful 2 hours a day, so hopefully this will motivate me =) starting tomorrow!!
TheUltimateProof
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Woo it's just gone 5, got a good 2 hours to get start early today.

First exam in 5 days hopefully I can carry on from where I left off in January

Didn't think I'd get up this morning but hey I'm up
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Today I am to do:
- 3 hours of Maths
- 3 hours of AS Philosophy

Aiming for 6 hours and also to go to a gym class at 6.30pm.

The joys of being able to revise at home, lots of my friends are complaining about not being let off for study leave lol :teehee:, hope everyones good, if your feeling somewhat demotivated then as someone said earlier just think about all the time you'll have in summer to do what you want and to procrastinate lol without feeling guilty.

To those who have left revision a little late, I can say i'm in a slightly similar situation with one of my exams which is AS Philosophy, I have 15 days til my AS Philosophy exam, luckily a few months ago I did type the majority of my notes up for the subject (with the rest have a month onwards to revise), tips wise, i'm just going through my typed notes with a highlighter and a pencil, highlighting the key things and annotating with the pencil key points down the sides of the notes aswell as re reading the notes and i'm trying to do 1 practice essay a day mininum.

Its not impossible YOU can do it, even if you have to take away distractions like social networks: FB etc and TSR lol.

I recommend Leechblock too for the Firefox users, which blocks websites for certain periods, I find if I don't block timewasting websites then I just procrastinate too much, one minute is 1pm then the next minute is 3pm not kidding lol.

All the best to everyone. We can do this!!
ringham33170
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Day 1: 2.5 hours
Day 2: 4 hours
Day 3: 7 hours
Day 4: 6.5 hours (really lagging here aren't i )
Srone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have done 4 hours today. I was invited to the cinema tonight, should i go, or stay in and revise more ?
Groat
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Srone)
I have done 4 hours today. I was invited to the cinema tonight, should i go, or stay in and revise more ?
You aren't going to be revising at your full potential at this time of the evening, so I'd recommend going to the cinema. It'll allow you to relax and take your mind off exams for a few hours!
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
You aren't going to be revising at your full potential at this time of the evening, so I'd recommend going to the cinema. It'll allow you to relax and take your mind off exams for a few hours!
Thats funny, :holmes: I tend to revise better in the evening compared to the daytime.
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nayberay)
Thats funny, :holmes: I tend to revise better in the evening compared to the daytime.
Fine, the majority of people won't be working at their full potential . . .
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
Fine, the majority of people won't be working at their full potential . . .
Lol again thats a slight generalisation, I know plenty of people who tend to revise in the evening and from the early hours 0000 onwards.. :teehee:.
Groat
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nayberay)
Lol again thats a slight generalisation, I know plenty of people who tend to revise in the evening and from the early hours 0000 onwards.. :teehee:.
I highly doubt that those people are part of the majority.
SoonToBeMedic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
Neither are the people in your statement.

And no TSR isn't something to go by. :rolleyes:

You are kind of generalising though.
Nayberay
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
Back at ya lol, my statement didn't generalise in ze first place lol. :cool:

--

Back on point, gonna watch Waterloo Road on iPlayer and then will start my 3 hours of Philosophy revision.

Fun, fun, fun, fun.
Evanesyne
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think I'll join... I have exams next week and serious cramming is indeed on the list of to do.
Aemiliana
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All nighter most likely. FML.
TheUltimateProof
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
7.5 hours so far, gonna finish off with another half an hour/hour or so and hit the sack. Hopefully I'll get up at 4am when my alarm first goes off tomorrow...
ibysaiyan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not an all nighter but maybe 3 hours :s
ju1c
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Groat)
What do you mean by not revising at full potential at this time? Is there something wrong with revising after 6-7PM?

OT:
Also only done 1.5 hours today, was tired as hell.

Monday: 0 hours
Tuesday: 0 hours
Wednesday: 1.5

Countdown till exam: 12 days
Of_the_hook
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aemiliana)
All nighter most likely. FML.
How's that essay coming along? When did you start revising this morning?

Monday - 2 hours
Tuesday - 1 hour
Wednesday - 7 hours

I'm aiming for 40 hours this week
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (146)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.53%
No - I don't want to (28)
7.37%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (185)
48.68%

Watched Threads