Edinburgh Students Society Watch

yossarianlives
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I cannot wait until 2nd year when accomodation rental could practically half as £88/wk is extortionate.
MissSmith
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
yeah i know, neither can i! but, apparantly, you have to be really carefull over who you chose to be your landlord as some of them will fake breakages/make up damages/you get the idea! and keep your depost which could be about four hundred pound (or under). I know someone in this position and she is taking the guy to court as the landlods claims are false and apparantly this scandalous behaviour is not uncommon. :eek:
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
Oh, its madness!

I have a question...

For my course I don't get to take an outside module until 2nd year. So say I wanted to do some kind of biology/chemistry outer-module would it be at 1st year level with the new freshers, or will it be at 2nd year level which will be hard?

So, is it the same idea as Scottish schools with 6th years being able to do Highers with 5th years.
MissSmith
Rep:
?
you would be in with first years and some second years.

infact, i found out my friends outside subject and if i chose the same as him then we will be in the same class, even although he is second year!
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
Fabuloso, heh.

Is there anywhere that we can see like a rough number of people on our courses, or the applications/admittances ratio?

Ooo , full of questions tonight!
MissSmith
Rep:
?
no, i dont think they know much about numbers until september, im afraid.

but, i have a question!

"We will commence the allocation process at the beginning of June. From June onwards we plan to issue offers of accommodation within two weeks of receiving the accommodation application and/or confirmation of unconditional acceptance. You will be able to track the progress of your accommodation application through our website: www.accom.ed.ac.uk"- Email form Uni

should they not have told me by now seeing as i applied in april? i am so desperate to know where i am going! does anyone know yet? also, how do you track the progress? i have visited that page and couldnt find it...?
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You've still got a few days within the two weeks I'm afraid. And I have exactly the same problem with trying to find the track thing. Taking the piss out of us, you think?
beanie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by michaelnicholson88)
Taking the piss out of us, you think?
at least you have something for them to be taking the piss with... all i've had is a 'come to an open day' letter, which i had to phone them up to request anyway!

when you guys find out where you're living we're gonna have to start making a list (not like exact addresses, just Pollock Halls or whatever) then in 2 and abit months time we can add to it

can you access that myed thing even if you don't have an unconditional? it looks fun...
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
I think the Track doesn't exist tbh.. I applied ages ago as well.

Edinburgh is crap for this kind of thing though. Argh.
beanie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
you'd of thought they'd be nicer to us really, as we're their customers. without new freshers every year the uni would cease to exist! they should learn how to communicate...
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's a bit of a bad omen isn't it? At least we know they'll be in touch soon- I hate waiting around for months without knowing when to expect notification of something.

Incidentally, doesn't the whole UCAS application thing seem like a lifetime ago now? Scary.
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah it does actualy......feels like last year when i got my first Offer. Now i just need to meet the offer.
MissSmith
Rep:
?
(Original post by beanie)
can you access that myed thing even if you don't have an unconditional? it looks fun...

i dont know, but i think you can log into EUSA...? its like tsr but the edinburgh uni version.

how did everyones exams go today? hope they went really well xxxxxxx
funky_moped
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by hello_its_me_)
i dont know, but i think you can log into EUSA...? its like tsr but the edinburgh uni version.

how did everyones exams go today? hope they went really well xxxxxxx

Boo hoo!! Awful, terrible, on the crappier side of crap etc etc!!
Damn stupid war literature!!
MissSmith
Rep:
?
oh dear! did it really go that badly? i hope you are being a drama queen and you are quietly confident
winterblue
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had my first A2 exam today, it was English Lit. and when I saw the question I nearly peed myself. It was one of the poems I hadn't covered, but I think I did alright considering.
Lukas
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've got 2 exams tomorrow - A2 Geography in the morning and A2 German (listening, reading & translations, so no studying needed ) in the afternoon...I have revised hard, I feel quite confident, but one never knows what the nasty OCR/AQA people have prepared for us, poor students...

beanie, good luck in that GEO exam!!!
Mountain One
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey everyone
Im hopefully doing environmental geoscience in September. Yay. I think ive read most of the thread but it is 25 pages long and im technically supposed to be revising. Lukas i think im on the same exam board for geog but im doing glaciation and periglaciation and agriculture and famine for paper 1.
Ive applied to Hermits Croft, New Arthurs place and Darroch Court. Anyone know if they have views of the mountains? Ok i know the Pentlands arent mountains in scottish terms but i live in Essex and the lack of mountains is slowly killing me.
beanie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by funky_moped)
Boo hoo!! Awful, terrible, on the crappier side of crap etc etc!!
Damn stupid war literature!!
I had my first A2 exam today, it was English Lit. and when I saw the question I nearly peed myself. It was one of the poems I hadn't covered, but I think I did alright considering.
*joins the club* 1B was awful! They were really rubbish texts, there was nothing about the trenches, or just general life at the Front! But think I did ok though... we can only hope.

Which texts are you doing for the exam on Tuesday? We've done 'Othello' and 'Don Juan', Byron.
funky_moped
Report 12 years ago
I know!!
What in God's name did the last poem have to do with anything? It just didn't fit with the other 2 extracts. 1a was pretty cool though, nearly started booing when I read the Hardy poem tho... so sad!!

For the Tuesday exam i'm also doing Othello but Blake instead of Byron, which I think is the easier option! Theres one girl in my class who only joined the college this year and cos she did Othello at AS she has to do Byron this year and absolutley hates it!!

I'm just hoping and praying that a question on Iago comes up or Othello as a tragic hero cos my cwrk was on tragic heros so i know the concept inside out!
If theres a scene-specific question then im staying away from it like the plague!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.42%
No (479)
72.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed