Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haha... i love this year's national day week...

We have like one day of school

8,9,10 august are school days.. and one day is given to us because the last term they couldn't give a free day to us!..

However, i doubt whether i'll be free.. probably be too busy planning for events or mugging for end of years...

ReputationRep:
    I read an interview by a german band Blind Guardian long time back in which the frontman sort of encouraged download of their music. He claimed that internet downloads actually increases their popularity and makes people aware of bands such as theirs, whose main source of income is anyway through shows and concerts and its only the labels who lose out through downloads. Hence, I have no qualms about downloading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    9th August. :cool:

That's the day we officially split from YOU Malaysians :aetsch:.

</sow_discord_among_neighbours> :eek: :p:
    oi!:eviltongu (phhhbbbbbb) watch out u little nutter:security: , i'll gather my chicks:ts: (especially layla:jitsu: ) to attact you:fight: !
    ;spank;
    ;dumbells; -:whip :reddy:(ready 2 get your pants down!;devil; )

ReputationRep:
    ^o)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    ^o)
    :hahaha: my sentiments exactly. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    :hahaha: my sentiments exactly. =]
    Mine too! :eek:

Check out the flagrant use of smileys there! :puke:

*pinches nose and walks away slowly*

ReputationRep:
    Where has everyone gone? Or did I kill the thread? :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you did, you rude thing :p:

It's SATURDAYYYYYYYYYY whoopeeeeee. oh oh oh AND...

I PASSED MY DRIVING!!!! I am now LEGALLY allowed on the roads whoop!

ReputationRep:

Wooh congrats Val! My sister just passed yesterday as well!

That was her 2nd try. First try was last Tuesday (8 points + immediate failure for mounting kerb) and her 2nd try (just 10 days later) get her 18 points! :eek: 16 of them for STRIKING the kerb though.

How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you all plan to drive when you go to U.K?... the used cars there are super cheap compared to Singapore.. i think you can get a decent 3-4 year old car for like 5000 pounds... but the fuel prices there are expensive right?..

Btw, what's do you think will be your favourite hangout in London? or if you're in london, what's your favourite hangout?

I personally like traflagar square and covent garden.

ReputationRep:
    Nutter: i met your sister! i think. is her name shanti?

Mine went great haha, first try, 12 points. The instructor was this really nice oldish guy :p:

ReputationRep:

Could you call me when you're going to hit the roads? I'll make sure I stay off 'em. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Nutter: i met your sister! i think. is her name shanti?

Mine went great haha, first try, 12 points. The instructor was this really nice oldish guy :p:
    Yes his sister's name is exactly that! How'd you meet her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acezhiquan)
    Do any of you all plan to drive when you go to U.K?... the used cars there are super cheap compared to Singapore.. i think you can get a decent 3-4 year old car for like 5000 pounds... but the fuel prices there are expensive right?..

Btw, what's do you think will be your favourite hangout in London? or if you're in london, what's your favourite hangout?

I plan to cycle. Driving around there is gonna be a major headache. No idea what my favourite hangout will be.... but i'm going to find out soon enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Yes his sister's name is exactly that! How'd you meet her?
    Your sister too, at that. Um, we were sitting in a room waiting for the testers and she asked me for the time. Haha so yeah, we got talking, kinda. Met your dad too :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acezhiquan)

It really depends on which university exactly you go. I don't know of anyone who drives there (doesn't seem like a worthwhile investment, even taking into account the relatively cheap cost). At Oxbridge, there is hardly any parking space (and the parking fee are ridiculously high) - the university pro actively encourages its students to cycle. In London, cycling may not be a viable option because of the horrendous traffic so most depend on the public transport infrastructure like the Underground.

Regarding the hangouts, I don't know just yet, but I'm sure I'll find out once I get there!

ReputationRep:
    Your sister too, at that. Um, we were sitting in a room waiting for the testers and she asked me for the time. Haha so yeah, we got talking, kinda. Met your dad too :p:
    :eek::eek2::eek3:

The world's a small place indeed! :yy:

Which route did you get and how many points did you, umm, score? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I got route 2, heh. And twelve points. 6 for failing to check safety, 4 for stopping too close, and 2 for using the wrong gear.

ReputationRep:
    My sister? Have you been spying on me? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I got route 2, heh. And twelve points. 6 for failing to check safety, 4 for stopping too close, and 2 for using the wrong gear.
    Route 2?! Isn't that the route with that extended, most intimidating slope?! :eek3:

I remember almost getting a heart attack once when my car stalled and rolled back on the slop, and I had cars behind me!

Wait a minute, have yuo got a Class 3 or 3A license now? :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.