Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.00%
    21-40
    6.00%
    41-50
    14.50%
    51-60
    39.50%
    61-70
    37.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g.k.galloway)
    I guess I'm not 'most people' then

The main issue for me is I have biology tomorrow and chemistry on tuesday so revision time for physics is hard to find!
    Hard time for you then! I hope in the exam, everything will come what you already know!

ReputationRep:
    Not looking forward to this exam...I want it to be mainly mechanics and minimal waves!
    Same Less revision/ things to remember - towards the exam in that case...

... I'm too busy with Chemistry unit 2 I'll be having a one night stand with my physics unit 2 book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    A standing or stationary wave travel in opposite direction (In phase) so they cancel each other out (destructive) and they will produce 0 amplitude. They do not travel in 1 direction but opposite to each other.
    So is my picture right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm not 'most people' then

The main issue for me is I have biology tomorrow and chemistry on tuesday so revision time for physics is hard to find!
    Same.
    I'm not too fussed about chem and physics, its biology and the hsw questions that are killing me. How are you getting on?

ReputationRep:
    What about past papers? All of them?
    still got 4 i can do, two for tomorrow two for tuesday :') its a resit for me so all my other exams are the end of the month, scary thinking im coming to the end of A2 now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    So is my picture right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am not sure about the your red marks. But, the overall diagram is correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SortYourLife)
    still got 4 i can do, two for tomorrow two for tuesday :') its a resit for me so all my other exams are the end of the month, scary thinking im coming to the end of A2 now...
    Good luck!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    So is my picture right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it's right.

But I'd be god damn surprised if they asked you to draw that? Did they??

A standing wave is kind of weird - it's like 2 waves going in the other direction & it appears standing while it oscillates up and down. Your arrows seem to suggest a progressive wave travelling to the right.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck!:cool:
    cheers same to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    I don't think it's right.

But I'd be god damn surprised if they asked you to draw that? Did they??

A standing wave is kind of weird - it's like 2 waves going in the other direction & it appears standing while it oscillates up and down. Your arrows seem to suggest a progressive wave travelling to the right.
    Yes! His arrows are not correct. But the diagram itself is correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SortYourLife)
    cheers same to you!
    Thanks! So, how is physics going at the moment? How confident are you feeling? What is the minimum grade you are aiming for? For me it is an A.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure about the your red marks. But, the overall diagram is correct!
    Right, so the all i want to know is that I have draw the arrows correctly, is each wave oscillating like this? Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370190173.334854.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  135.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nav_Mallhi)
    Same.
    I'm not too fussed about chem and physics, its biology and the hsw questions that are killing me. How are you getting on?
    I think they should be okay

ReputationRep:
    Right, so the all i want to know is that I have draw the arrows correctly, is each wave oscillating like this? Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370190173.334854.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok! You will have to draw vertical line upwards and downwards. I think.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sort of like this! Those 2 vertical arrows up and down. But, I think you should still get a mark. Check the mark scheme. Are they looking for vertical or curve?

ReputationRep:
    Sort of like this! Those 2 vertical arrows up and down. But, I think you should still get a mark. Check the mark scheme. Are they looking for vertical or curve?
    So for the first sort of wave part the wave at that point would go down and then up? But the next wave part would go down then up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So for the first sort of wave part the wave at that point would go down and then up? But the next wave part would go down then up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First (half period) it will go down since it is already up. Second (half period) will go up.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just draw a vertical line down for the first half period and vertical up for the second half period. I think drawing a curve is wrong.

Can someone give me a list of all the possible experiment questions that are 6 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownRoyalist)
    Can someone give me a list of all the possible experiment questions that are 6 marks?
    1) waves, 2) spring constant(Hooke's law), 3) young's modulus, 4) Work done and energy, 5) velocity and graph. I thing young modulus and diffraction grating is more likely to come.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.