Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't started in this break yet haha... I plan to start soon though (hopefully). I did a fair bit of work before the Christmas holidays, so that should make it easier for when I start again.

ReputationRep:
    I don't time myself I just memorize notes, write them down from memory, intentionally distract myself by coming on here or on Facebook or maybe I will watch a 30 minute program then after it;s finished go back and write everyone out from memory again.

Epic fail in our education system. lool how else am i supposed to revise for exams am i right?

I only have 1 exam in January, a university 3 hour History exam.. 3 hours what the ****. The longest I have been in an exam for is 2 1/2 hours. Looks like i'll be having a massive breakfast in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmyTurner93)
    How do u guys do it? I sit down for 10minutes and i get distracted. Even when i lock myself away from the outside world i fall victim to my imagination and make up hypothetical scenarios.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's exactly how i am. That's why I start off by working for ten minutes and then having a break and then work for another twenty minutes and then have a break and then 40 minutes and then have a break. I slowly get into it since I'm easily distracted.

And if i prepare myself too much such as cleaning the desk, making tea, setting up stationary, etc. Then I never get the work done.

ReputationRep:
    I'm acc gonna force myself tonight and I mean FORCE...I HAVE to do some biology
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I'll keep telling myself that until I get something done. :|

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dimples_ND)
    I'm acc gonna force myself tonight and I mean FORCE...I HAVE to do some biology
    I can do this
    I can do this
    I'll keep telling myself that until I get something done. :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First thing, close this tab now!

ReputationRep:
    I do all humanity subjects so I don't know how to revise, the only thing easy to revise is sociology 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys time yourself? I do revision but it's in chunks with long breaks, so I don't know how many hours/minutes I've been revising for and argh!

ReputationRep:
    I've done like literally 0, I'm so demotivated from stuffing my face this week and just watching movies all day . I'll probably start on the 2nd but the mocks I have coming up are on the 6th, 10th and 13th so I still have some time. However I'm pretty much sorted for these exams especially maths as I've already doing exam papers (Just not in the holidays ).

(Original post by Ruffiio)
    I don't time myself I just memorize notes, write them down from memory, intentionally distract myself by coming on here or on Facebook or maybe I will watch a 30 minute program then after it;s finished go back and write everyone out from memory again.

Epic fail in our education system. lool how else am i supposed to revise for exams am i right?

I only have 1 exam in January, a university 3 hour History exam.. 3 hours what the ****. The longest I have been in an exam for is 2 1/2 hours. Looks like i'll be having a massive breakfast in the morning.
    I have 3 hours straight of maths as well as 3 hours of further .

ReputationRep:
    This thread is making me feel so much better about my lack of revision and motivation haha. I've had words with myself tonight and set my alarm for 8am so I can have a shower then start revising at 9. The hardest part is knowing where to start and actually starting, once I've done a bit I always get fully into it and can revise for hours. I made a revision timetable and everything but haven't stuck to it at all

ReputationRep:
    My lecturer hasn't mentioned anything about our exam that we have on the 20th January. All I have got is several pages of notes on each topic but nothing to do it with. First university exam, are there past papers? who the **** knows my lecturer hasn't said anything about past papers or essay questions that are likely to come up so i don't even know if past papers exist for university exams. Tried to Google to module in hope of finding something but nothing. I'm clueless to be honest. This university clearly hasn't prepared me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    This thread is making me feel so much better about my lack of revision and motivation haha. I've had words with myself tonight and set my alarm for 8am so I can have a shower then start revising at 9. The hardest part is knowing where to start and actually starting, once I've done a bit I always get fully into it and can revise for hours. I made a revision timetable and everything but haven't stuck to it at all
    I might have to do the same and set an alarm! I think it's just the thought of actually starting that's the hardest part...and getting out of bed 😄 I normally am able to get into it and do hours but lately I've been doing 15mins then ending up on YouTube, TSR or Twitter. I think I'm going to have to put my phone in a different room again 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad

(really need to get work done soon, or failure will be upon me)

ReputationRep:
    About six hours a day. But that's only because I've got Jan mocks otherwise it'd be four hours on most days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by La_97)
    About six hours a day. But that's only because I've got Jan mocks otherwise it'd be four hours on most days.
    You gotta be karate kidding me

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Im in A2, I've got Jan mock exams and I've only revised about 5 days since November...

No motivation whatsoever, I wasn't like this last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeemzBeamz)
    Me too! Im in A2, I've got Jan mock exams and I've only revised about 5 days since November...

No motivation whatsoever, I wasn't like this last year
    Same...it's awful :L I feel so bad not doing it. I don't do anything about it though :L But decided im going to be a nerd until June now..need 3As!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same. I've decided to start tomorrow. I don't think I'll keep by my word though xD

Hope you achieve those A's

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    These post have made me sigh with soooooo much relief that I'm not the only one doing A2 Jan mocks and is absolutely de-motivated to start!! I kinda started with c3 yesterday by making one revision sheet on one topic.....but that's taken me like two days to do and it's only functions!! :L
    I think we're all feeling demotivated because it isn't actual Jan exams so our brains aren't taking it as seriously as they did last year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkAlley)
    These post have made me sigh with soooooo much relief that I'm not the only one doing A2 Jan mocks and is absolutely de-motivated to start!! I kinda started with c3 yesterday by making one revision sheet on one topic.....but that's taken me like two days to do and it's only functions!! :L
    I think we're all feeling demotivated because it isn't actual Jan exams so our brains aren't taking it as seriously as they did last year :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha Omg same here it took me 4hours to do them end of chapter questions on functions.im sooo unproductive tbh my revision is so inefficient .I've been saying I'll be more productive tomorrow:|
    Deffo flopping my C3 mock next week
    I feel like sleeping all day long :|
    Today I spent about 45mins staring at a chemistry textbook.What is going on:0
    Phewwww I'm not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hudsonxoxo)
    I might have to do the same and set an alarm! I think it's just the thought of actually starting that's the hardest part...and getting out of bed 😄 I normally am able to get into it and do hours but lately I've been doing 15mins then ending up on YouTube, TSR or Twitter. I think I'm going to have to put my phone in a different room again 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm just about to start revising when I've dried my hair and had breakfast. Where I'm going to start I have no idea but I'm sure once I get into it, it'll be fine. I do have to say that I'm absolutely ****ting these mocks even though I know they aren't real! I'm gonna have to put my phone elsewhere too, such a good time to start liking someone and texting them 24/7 isn't it haha. I think were all demotivated because we've established that A-levels are horrible and we all have loads of exams cramped together in summer so you dint even wanna think about them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.