OCR A2 English Literature 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naveesha
I'm studying King Lear and Blake/Tis Pity for comparison :smile:

Ooh, Im doing Lear and comparing Paradise lost/Tis pity :tongue:
Original post by lukejohnston13
Ooh, Im doing Lear and comparing Paradise lost/Tis pity :tongue:

Oh right, how you revising for them? :3
I'm going to make notes on each character and look at a couple themes and just re read the book over again! No fear Shakespeare is great for king lear :tongue: how about yourself? And what grade are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No idea how to revise for english :frown: wife of bath and tis pity quotes are hard to remember!!! do i just gather up quotes and put them under each theme, along with characters and critical quotes that i can talk about? And context of course help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'd just learn different quotes for each theme so you use them for anything! I only use 1 or 2 critic views. And with context I like watching YouTube videos online about them:smile: also bbc radio 4 have two good discussions called "Lear" and then "Machiavelli: devil or democrat?" Definitely recommend!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I'd just learn different quotes for each theme so you use them for anything! I only use 1 or 2 critic views. And with context I like watching YouTube videos online about them:smile: also bbc radio 4 have two good discussions called "Lear" and then "Machiavelli: devil or democrat?" Definitely recommend!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cool will have look thanks! :-) What grade are you aiming for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im aiming for a B :tongue: i got a B and an A in the courseworks ...but then i got a C in the exam last year because i disliked the poems -.- yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im aiming for a B :tongue: i got a B and an A in the courseworks ...but then i got a C in the exam last year because i disliked the poems -.- yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh same I hated the poems. i need a B overall, i got C last year which sucks!! How you planning to revise over easter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah fair enough, so we're the same then;D and probably just make posters or something and memorise them! Yourself? And what other subjects are you doing if you dont mind me asking?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah fair enough, so we're the same then;D and probably just make posters or something and memorise them! Yourself? And what other subjects are you doing if you dont mind me asking?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah cw i got C too -_- And yeah same just gonna memorise quotes and critics and do what i wrote above and hope for the best ha! I do maths and psychology(which i HATE) and you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahah yeah well we have a good 2 months to prepare!! And oh nice one! I dropped psychology last year after getting an E ;D i do maths and law:tongue: what are you planning to do after college?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahah yeah well we have a good 2 months to prepare!! And oh nice one! I dropped psychology last year after getting an E ;D i do maths and law:tongue: what are you planning to do after college?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup but hoping my coursework for this year is an A/B! haha got a D i hate it, its such bull**** LOL. I was gonna pick law but then I didn't aha. How's maths? And i've applied for english and law but I don't wanna do it anymore :frown: what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you been give a provisional mark? Psychology is just memory memory memory, it's awful :redface: Yeah law is a lot of work... But it's very interesting! And Ive applied for maths so yeah, I like it;D you finding it okay?
Ooh, that sounds hard, I could not do English again, there's far too much outside work involved :frown: a little late though to not want to do it?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you been give a provisional mark? Psychology is just memory memory memory, it's awful :redface: Yeah law is a lot of work... But it's very interesting! And Ive applied for maths so yeah, I like it;D you finding it okay?
Ooh, that sounds hard, I could not do English again, there's far too much outside work involved :frown: a little late though to not want to do it?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope not yet :/ Yeah telling me it's so tedious to revise for! Heard law is hard but yeah very interesting. Wow really thats great good luck with that :smile: , maths is my fav :tongue: easiest one to revise for and it's going ok just need to practice loads!
And yeah i've changed my mind i just cant see myself doing that and in terms of job wise what can i do, i wanna do something related to maths.. Just gonna wait till after exams cant stress about this now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh is a2 even worse then? Ah thankyou!! Yeah, im not going to revise much for maths simply because i need to revise for my others! What applied module are you taking? And fair enough, best going for what you want to do:smile: best of luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh is a2 even worse then? Ah thankyou!! Yeah, im not going to revise much for maths simply because i need to revise for my others! What applied module are you taking? And fair enough, best going for what you want to do:smile: best of luck :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kind of although i'm doing much better this year still hate it. Youre a clever one then eh :tongue: i have difficulty in balancing everything out and i'm retaking 2 AS maths exams. I do decision, you? And thankss!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 516
Original post by prettyugly
No idea how to revise for english :frown: wife of bath and tis pity quotes are hard to remember!!! do i just gather up quotes and put them under each theme, along with characters and critical quotes that i can talk about? And context of course help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing Wife of Bath as well :smile: but I'm comparing it with Sheridan's The Rivals. I think your technique sounds quite good. I actually need to start making notes I don't know where to start :O
Original post by Ndella
I'm doing Wife of Bath as well :smile: but I'm comparing it with Sheridan's The Rivals. I think your technique sounds quite good. I actually need to start making notes I don't know where to start :O

Same, there's too much! But i might start this saturday and just go over everything that I need to know about the texts throughout easter, then just practice writing essays as timing is a issue for me! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah that sucks:frown: and haha nope, not compared to everyone else on tsr:wink: oh well good luck with that, you'll do fine if you work hard! And im doing stats! :tongue:
Reply 519
So for King Lear, what are the themes? I'm thinking compassion, nothingness, nature, competition
Missed anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending