Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm an international student who applied for Bsc economics. Received my third email saying that my application is good enough to be further considered by the selector for the programme and this will take another 5 weeks. Hoping for all the best now! Is it true that some people already have obtained offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just found my mistake..
    I suppose to apply for math&eco , and eco.
    BUTTTTTTTT, I chose Econometric&ME, and eco.....

NOW... I am waiting for my rejection for EME..............cuz I heard that this course is very hard to get in.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I'm a post A-level applicant who's applying for Law. Just want to wish all of you the best of luck and hopefully we'll all be given offers *fingers crossed*

Also, I was just wondering whether or not there's an extenuating circumstances form for the LSE? I've been trawling through the website but have only been able to stumble across a form for those who are already students of the university and none for those who are applying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BooDiddly)
    I have received my 2nd email from LSE, this one informing me that my application is strong enough to be considered further, may take up to 5 weeks. Heck........nervous now! Everything crossed.
    OOOOH Congrats! Can I ask what you got in AS and are predicted. Going for Anthropology and law too..

ReputationRep:
    Same as BooDiddly, just got another e-mail saying my application is strong enough for further consideration.

Fingers, toes and ears crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyotherworld)
    This might be a silly question, but for those of you who have received your 2nd e-mail, does it specifically state that they're assessing your predicted grades or "your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements"?

It might not matter, but I'm just wondering if everyone got the same e-mail
    I'm asking because I saw that LSE told a few of you that they were assessing your predicted grades, but the admissions assessor didn't mention predicted grades in my e-mail.
    It says 'making further academic assessments on your qualifications and personal statement and will be considering your application in competition with other candidates'.

ReputationRep:
    What questionnaire is their to fill in for Economics applicants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    To all those getting these email application updates from LSE, did you submit your application in early October/late September? I submitted my application to LSE on the 15th and I have not yet received an acknowledgment email from them and am freaking out just a tad : )

Don't worry!

I sent mine on the 8th and didn't receive an acknowledgment until the 14th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Sorry, I wasn't clear but I meant the lack of maths in the degree was the problem. I'm a mathematical person and I also like history and economics. It's a shame there isn't a degree called BSc History of Mathematical Economics. So I settled for BSc Economics since at LSE it's really mathematical plus there are some modules it shares with Econ History that I would be taking should I get an offer.
    LSE has a joint Economics and/with Economic History course so you could get the best of both worlds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thinkthings)
    To all those getting these email application updates from LSE, did you submit your application in early October/late September? I submitted my application to LSE on the 15th and I have not yet received an acknowledgment email from them and am freaking out just a tad : )
    Don't worry im in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    Just got the second (third?) email saying that I'll get a reply in five weeks today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Post A2 applicant for Government and Economics (LL12). Anyone else in the same position?

Received this email:

Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application. (I didn't actually receive an acknowledgement email, however).

I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    LSE has a joint Economics and/with Economic History course so you could get the best of both worlds.
    I looked at that but apparently 62 applications but 1 offer. Looks pretty slim, besides I'd have to change my personal statement about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    I looked at that but apparently 62 applications but 1 offer. Looks pretty slim, besides I'd have to change my personal statement about.
    1 offer!? I'd hate to be the only person on my course...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercoverecon)
    Post A2 applicant for Government and Economics (LL12). Anyone else in the same position?

Received this email:

Previously I wrote to thank you for applying to LSE, and am now writing to update you on the status of your application. (I didn't actually receive an acknowledgement email, however).

I am currently reviewing your academic qualifications to ensure that you have met all entry requirements. I am also assessing your personal statement.

I anticipate that this process should take approximately two weeks. I will be in touch then to update you on the status of your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was in a similar position until earlier today, I got that email but for law despite the fact that i didn't get a previous email. You should get another email saying that they'll get back to you in five weeks within the next two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aah I see. Thank you for clearing that up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm14)
    I was in a similar position until earlier today, I got that email but for law despite the fact that i didn't get a previous email. You should get another email saying that they'll get back to you in five weeks within the next two weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're strong enough.

ReputationRep:
    i got an acknowledgement email. then next day i got an email saying i would hear back in 2 weeks...does the offer/rejection come next or is there another email (or more than 1 more!)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceKidd)
    i got an acknowledgement email. then next day i got an email saying i would hear back in 2 weeks...does the offer/rejection come next or is there another email (or more than 1 more!)?

You should get another one but it's different for each applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvrey)
    If you're strong enough.
    Really? I assumed that the 2 week email was just a formality to check you met the minimum entry requirement, don't go scaring the other applicants unnecessarily

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.