Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    Was you allowed to do the arrow for the force on trolley in pencil?! :confused:
    Yes I'm sure that will be acceptable! It states on the front of the paper that drawings should be done in pencil anyway doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    For the terminal velocity one is it ok if i said weight = upthrust therefore the resultant force = 0 and the acceleration = 0 so it falls at a constant velocity ? because loads of people put weight = drag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathphysics)
    i see no mark scheme anywhere?!?! am i just being stupid
    No its a false alarm everyone chilllax

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe899)
    Oh..I can't remember either to be honest, but I also got 3.5 for the acceleration
    Yay, I got this, too! Phew! That's at least one correct answer

Thought it wasn't too bad a paper to be honest. My friends came out saying it was awful but I honestly thought it went better than my January attempt. Understood the concepts an awful lot more this time and think it really made a difference. I hope to have done well enough for an A, but there's always that voice of doubt, isn't there... :/

ReputationRep:
    where is the unofficial mark scheme ? :O

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2357551

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieGCSEs)
    I remember using this for A and B, then finding the resultant (2.8N i think?), then using F=ma, 2.8 =0.8xa so a=3.5ms^-2, but again, i don't know if it's right
    I got the same ))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhySmyth)
    Where have you posted your mark scheme? :/
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2357551

ReputationRep:
    I found it so much harder than Jan 13 eugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurence231)
    Did anyone else complain about the spring question? The way it said spring a was extended aswell as spring b, instead of compressed for spring A? probably lost a few people marks! did it wrong at first til i used common sense and got 3.5! not too awful of a paper, easy to make silly mistakes, annoyingly i did 100000 cm3 in 1m3 but its 1000000 instead! ah!
    is that x10^-6 cos that's what i did i just imagined 3 length in cm multiplied together and that would give you -6 and the spring one isn't the extension/ compression of the springs acting on one object dependant on which one has a larger force ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    is that x10^-6 cos that's what i did i just imagined 3 length in cm multiplied together and that would give you -6 and the spring one isn't the extension/ compression of the springs acting on one object dependant on which one has a larger force ??
    i think i see what you are saying yeah, seems about right for both things! im crap at reading questions and it seems replys on here as i had to edit what i wrote before which was completely wrong!

ReputationRep:
    fhfh

ReputationRep:
    For Young's modulus the stress was in G pa and the strain was a % so you had to times the stress by 10^6 and divide the strain by 100.

think I got something to the 10^11 which is to the same amount of zeros as I've calculated Young's modulus to in other past papers so think its right.

ReputationRep:
    from the unofficial mark scheme,i think i got like 46/60/. what grade would that be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAtjw)
    For Young's modulus the stress was in G pa and the strain was a % so you had to times the stress by 10^6 and divide the strain by 100.

think I got something to the 10^11 which is to the same amount of zeros as I've calculated Young's modulus to in other past papers so think its right.
    *10^9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrAtjw)

giga is x10^9 isnt it? but your x10^11 matches what other people got, i forgot to divide the percentage by 100!! ah!

ReputationRep:
    i think i see what you are saying yeah, seems about right for both things! im crap at reading questions and it seems replys on here as i had to edit what i wrote before which was completely wrong!
    meh me too I resolved the forces wrong and got the magnitude of F wrong on question 2 because I didn't read the question carefully enough fml even the brightest of students are saying this was a tricky paper

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who took this exam, please complete the Poll

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2357507

In order to let OCR know it was too hard!!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else complain about the spring question? The way it said spring a was extended aswell as spring b, instead of compressed for spring A? probably lost a few people marks! did it wrong at first til i used common sense and got 3.5! not too awful of a paper, easy to make silly mistakes, annoyingly i did 100000 cm3 in 1m3 but its 1000000 instead! ah!
    Agree with you here i just sort of ignored this but yeah this is very misleading.

ReputationRep:
    giga is x10^9 isnt it? but your x10^11 matches what other people got, i forgot to divide the percentage by 100!! ah!
    I made the same mistake I even saw it was a percentage and my brain apparently decided to be a muppet and completely ignore it. Silly brain.

Kicking myself about the cm^3/m^3 conversion as I made that mistake way back during unit one lessons! What a clown. Ehh dear. Ah well, mistakes are there to learn from! .. If you remember you made the mistake in the first place

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.