Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

"Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values."

- Dalai Lama

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool_JordH)
    How about this:

'Never go through live proving others wrong. Go through life proving yourself right.'

I just made that up right now, what do you think?
    I like that

ReputationRep:
    "You can't let a small thing like total humiliation come between you and a good time."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swan stardust)
    Oscar Wilde:Most people are other people.Their thoughts are other people.Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,their lives a mimicry,their passions a quotation.
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars.

Mark Twain:Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.So throw off the bowlines.Sale away from the safe harbor.Catch the trades winds in your sails.Explore.Dream.Discover.
    Action speaks louder than words,but not nearly as often.
    Courage is resistance to fear,mastery of fear,not absence of fear.
    It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.
    Steve Jobs:Your time is limited,so don't waste it living someone else's life.Don't be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people's thinking.Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice.And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.They somehow already know what you truly want to become.Everything else is secondary.
    Japanese proverb:We learn by watching and listening.
    Bertrand Russel:Passive acceptance of the teacher's wisdom is easy to most boys and girls.It involves no effort of independent thought and seems rational because the teacher knows more than his pupils;it is moreover the way to win the favour of the teacher unless he is a very exceptional man.Yet the habit of passive acceptance is a disastrous one in later life.It causes man to seek and to accept a leader and to accept a leader whoever is established in that position.

omg I think the ones in bold are amazing :daydreaming: - would rep if I could!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by towels)
    "You can't let a small thing like total humiliation come between you and a good time."

LOL amen to that

ReputationRep:
    Negative thinking is like a cancer; it's insidious. It starts in the mind and will grow and grow and grow, if you allow it, until it begins to infect your life and the way in which you see yourself. If you see yourself as a failure you will probably fail. If you see yourself as an achiever ..you're one step closer.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I forgot to say lol these are my quotes from yesterday. I'm getting busier now so I'm not on here so much anymore:cool:

ReputationRep:
    "The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson." -Tom Bodett

ReputationRep:
    "Nowdays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing". - Oscar WIlde

ReputationRep:
    Before you post anything on a social networking site actually take a moment to think about what you're writing. Do you actually mean what you're saying or are you writing it because of how you feel at that instant? The way you feel right now is likely to change. Do you really want to be judged by what you've written on the spur of the moment ? Think before you hit the 'Enter' key

ReputationRep:
    If you hate yourself how can you expect anyone else to love you ?

ReputationRep:
    it's only meant to be 4 but sometimes I get carried away :rolleyes: Anyway have a look at this. I just came across it now but it makes you think>>

Spoiler:
    Show
    "As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth,
    so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind.
    To make a deep physical path,
    we walk again and again.
    To make a deep mental path,
    we must think over and over
    the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate in our lives"
    - Thoreau

ReputationRep:
    “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” -Ali RA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by towels)
    “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” -Ali RA
    that quote is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    "Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things more clearly" - Unknown

ReputationRep:
    Any fool can make things bigger, more complex and more violent. It takes a touch of genius- and a lot of courage- to move in the opposite direction” - Einstein

ReputationRep:
    “Be with someone who knows exactly what they have when they have you. Not someone who will realise it when they’ve lost you” - Unknown

ReputationRep:
    I'm changing it back to one a day now as I've got to do more stuff now so might not have enough time to find 4 'good ones' everyday

On that note..

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  424532_438720302865958_882821141_n.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  13.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasualSoul)
    I'm changing it back to one a day now as I've got to do more stuff now so might not have enough time to find 4 'good ones' everyday

On that note..

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  424532_438720302865958_882821141_n.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  13.2 KB
    I don't mind. Don't get bad grades whilst leading others to wisdom

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.