(Original post by denga12)
    Barcelona B
    I know haha :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Young ones have actually been okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not surprised they scored. Much better though and I liked the performance of Patrick definitely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/ADeLaurentiis/st...93624723185665

Tweet from Napoli's president confirming the signings of Higuain and Reina (a loan I think).

ReputationRep:
    Greniers goal against Real Madrid :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by denga12)
    Greniers goal against Real Madrid :coma:

I think the term "unbelievable tekkers" doesn't quite cover it in this case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

I think the term "unbelievable tekkers" doesn't quite cover it in this case.
    He meant that as well. Take a bow son :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that could have made the goal better was if it was in the dying embers of the game and it had Andy Gray commentating.

ReputationRep:

Lovely story from Holland. Terminally ill Feyenoord fan invited to an open training session(in his bed!) and the ultras light flares, start singing his name and unveil a huge banner of the guy.Skip to 3:40. He actually found the strength to walk after weeks in bed after it. This is why I love football.

(Original post by Zürich)

Lovely story from Holland. Terminally ill Feyenoord fan invited to an open training session(in his bed!) and the ultras light flares, start singing his name and unveil a huge banner of the guy.Skip to 3:40. He actually found the strength to walk after weeks in bed after it. This is why I love football.
    This is absolutely wonderful. The next time someone says that modern football is all about money or that the only thing that matters in football is winning, I'm going to dig out this video.

Repped. :yy:

ReputationRep:

Why so many English based chants? Is it like that all over Holland?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Why so many English based chants? Is it like that all over Holland?
    30 years ago continental fans tried to emulate English fans as much as possible believe it or not, so alot of songs were outright copied, particularly in Holland where the majority of the people literally have better English than half of this country. Dutch culture generally is heavily influenced by British(lots even watch Eastenders...)

It was considered quite hip to have a signature English chant so Ajax fans sing Three Little Birds by Bob Marley at most games and Feyenoord have YNWA for example. But 90% of chants will be in Dutch ''Wij zijn Ajax Amsterdam'' etc or just nonsensical drunken ''lalalalalalalala Ajax Amsterdam lalalalala'...' types just like in Germany.

Tbh most games have a **** atmopshere like England but Feyenoord/Ajax is unmissable and there you will hear almost exclusively aggressive Dutch chants. Most clubs dont have English chants at all.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    So, Ronaldinho has managed to fill the gap that was missing next to his name with winning the Copa Libertadores last night. A tremendous final and campaign for Atlético Mineiro. I don’t think he and many others (including myself) expected Atlético to win this trophy. They’ve seen a bit of luck thrown at them with their late goals and seen three penalty shootout wins. One in the quarter-final, semi-final and a penalty shootout in the final to win it last night but an amazing achievement for Atlético and Cuca.

ReputationRep:

Yep, saw this, genuine feelings for this guy.

Awesome support, the banner was a great gesture from the fans. :yy:

30 years ago continental fans tried to emulate English fans as much as possible believe it or not, so alot of songs were outright copied, particularly in Holland where the majority of the people literally have better English than half of this country. Dutch culture generally is heavily influenced by British(lots even watch Eastenders...)

It was considered quite hip to have a signature English chant so Ajax fans sing Three Little Birds by Bob Marley at most games and Feyenoord have YNWA for example. But 90% of chants will be in Dutch ''Wij zijn Ajax Amsterdam'' etc or just nonsensical drunken ''lalalalalalalala Ajax Amsterdam lalalalala'...' types just like in Germany.

Tbh most games have a **** atmopshere like England but Feyenoord/Ajax is unmissable and there you will hear almost exclusively aggressive Dutch chants. Most clubs dont have English chants at all.
    I actually think every Dutch ground has much more noise than every English ground most days! :lol: English clubs can be so quiet, but compared to German support every one can only bow down in awe! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boumavilla)
    Yep, saw this, genuine feelings for this guy.

Awesome support, the banner was a great gesture from the fans. :yy:

I actually think every Dutch ground has much more noise than every English ground most days! :lol: English clubs can be so quiet, but compared to German support every one can only bow down in awe! :lol:
    Dutch football isn't competitive enough to have an atmosphere like in Germany. Only ever been to the ArenA but the atmosphere there for most games is similar to at Arsenal. Only really gets going for Feyenoord/PSV/CL games.

The Bundesliga is absolutely unreal though. Good thing is that there are so many clubs with huge fan bases. Berlin/Koln/Dusseldorf in the 2.Bundesliga are drawing crowds bigger than most EPL teams, and generating much more atmosphere. Seems to be more of an aversion to glory hunting in Germany which helps too.

Less said about England the better.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz

ReputationRep:
    Anybody wathing the PSG V Madrid game ?:beard:

ReputationRep:
    REAL MADRID: Diego Lopez, Pepe, Coentrao, Khedira, Ronaldo, Benzema, Ozil, Carvajal, Nacho, Modric, Isco

PSG: Sirigu, Jallet, Alex , Sakho, Maxwell, Pastore, Thiago Motta, Matuidi, Lucas, Lavezzi, Ibrahimovic

ReputationRep:
    Lavezzi just missed two sitters

ReputationRep:
    Good finish by Benzema

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.