Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Nah, it's worse in department stores because they're so damn busy. I generally just but makeup from Boots or just buy it online :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by heirloom)
    NO department stores are worse. The counter girls are always so horrible
    I was on about me being male :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    Do you have a statistic for deaths from being kicked in the balls?
    I wasn't comparing the two but the way you phrased it sounded like it happens all the time. 0.0086% chance of death from childbirth. That's incredibly low.

To use your wording; several minutes? Try several hours.
    Again, I didn't compare the two but I just corrected your misconception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    8.6 fatalities per 100,000 maternities

Split second? Try several minutes. Still very painful.
    Mate, you haven't been kicked there properly, if the person kicks hard enough, the pain can last for ages. My mate ended up throwing up blood when he got kicked there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chappers-94)
    Mate, you haven't been kicked there properly, if the person kicks hard enough, the pain can last for ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hasn't happened to me in years, thankfully.

ReputationRep:
    Thought people had moved on from the whole kicking in the balls/pregnancy thing...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't comparing the two but the way you phrased it sounded like it happens all the time. 0.0086% chance of death from childbirth. That's incredibly low.
    Yeah, but isn't it still more likely than dying from being kicked in the balls?

Oh, and if we're talking pain, there's a whole host of way childbirth can be thoroughly damaging. When my sister was born, her shoulder caught on my mum's cervix and ruptured it.

From this Yahoo! answers page, women have shared their experiences:

• "like someone is holding a lighter to your bits"
    • "feels like your 'down below' has been attacked by a red hot poker"
    • "I wondered why in the hell women do this more than once"
    • "if you can imaging trying to push out a watermelon through your vagina but also imagine that it is on fire!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Thought people had moved on from the whole kicking in the balls/pregnancy thing...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had, but someone quoted me again, and it's not in my nature to not argue back
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The 'Up & Tuck'

At least I would hope that this is only known by men and not by women...

*Sorry if this has already been posted*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaisha)
    Why not wear leggings? I do, or if I must, I wear shorts over my tights!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like leggings with a long top, but not with dresses I need to get some good leggings though! I don't have any

(Original post by Lexi99)
    When i wear tights i just roll the top of the tights down to my hips, the same as my underwear line, otherwise the pressure of it on my tummy gives me a tummy ache. Either that or you have to pull them under your boobs, not sexy.

Or sometimes stockings. Or just dont wear any
    If I roll 'em to my hips, they push my belly out and give me a big overhang!

ReputationRep:
    peeing around/on the toilet. sometimes piss shoots out in 3 different directions and its damn near impossible to control it when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denacio)
    peeing around/on the toilet. sometimes piss shoots out in 3 different directions and its damn near impossible to control it when it happens.
    that's cos you've got dried jizz gumming up the end of your ****, try going for a wazz right after you ****

ReputationRep:
    That men don't usually pretend to want to be a girl's friend to sleep with them.

Edit: If it isn't clear I'll clarify, men become friends with women because they want to be friends with them. Simple, right? And if they also want to have sex with them that doesn't usually take away from that. They still want to be friends for other reasons.
    Yeah, most guys do. It isn't always the case, however: some guys, - the stereotypical "nice guys" - will become friends with a girl just because they want to have sex with her, and there are no other reasons. Me, and quite a few other girls I know, have had male friends refuse to speak to us because we didn't respond to their romantic advances (though we still turned them down politely). Granted, most of them had a reputation for being a bit creepy but it definitely happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lexi99)
    No you can't. Ever.

We know when a guy is checking us out. We know when a guy has 'subtly' groped us in a club. We know when a guy fancies us, it's not rocket science to work out.

Also re the getting ready thing. I don't think guys appreciate how long it takes for hair to dry. Men can have a shower and go out within 20 minutes. Even if their hair hasn't yet dried it will do quickly and will look exactly the same. Left to dry on it own my hair takes a minimum of 3 hours and will always look lanky and straight, bleh. And also, don't whine about it because we all know you'd rather have a women who takes pride in her appearance than one who doesn't.
    This definitely isn't true, I could give many examples about my girlfriend but essentially all the needs to be said is that you wouldn't KNOW when you didn't know. -_-
    It is ridiculous to assert that you always know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiella)
    Yeah, most guys do. It isn't always the case, however: some guys, - the stereotypical "nice guys" - will become friends with a girl just because they want to have sex with her, and there are no other reasons. Me, and quite a few other girls I know, have had male friends refuse to speak to us because we didn't respond to their romantic advances (though we still turned them down politely). Granted, most of them had a reputation for being a bit creepy but it definitely happens.
    Those aren't nice guys. So what's the stereotype of "nice guys" because apparently we have different definitions.

ReputationRep:
    Those aren't nice guys. So what's the stereotype of "nice guys" because apparently we have different definitions.
    It's quite a well-known stereotype, unfortunately, Google it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2341720.html

Obviously they aren't genuinely nice people. I think everyone knows a few!

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard of a penis per chance?
    Yes...I'm not really sure what you're trying to say. Having sex is different to knocking your vagina on a table corner :confused: I hope you realise that...

ReputationRep:
    someone MUST invent tampons that come in silent removal wrapping!!!! so annoying!!!!!!!!
    you gotta like flush the chain so peeps outside dont hear the sound of ripping plastic, and give you those 'eyes' as you leave the cubicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know it sounds ridiculous, but someone will understand!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future-doc)
    someone MUST invent tampons that come in silent removal wrapping!!!! so annoying!!!!!!!!
    you gotta like flush the chain so peeps outside dont hear the sound of ripping plastic, and give you those 'eyes' as you leave the cubicle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know it sounds ridiculous, but someone will understand!
    This has been well documented in earlier posts, you have friends

ReputationRep:
    I here to take back your mancard.
    I have 5 it's alright.

ReputationRep:
    hiding the boner in public places is a challenge sometimes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.