Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohanshah)
    At the moment, if I could vote, and there was an election, I'd rather not vote than vote for Labour with Brown as leader.

That's just my opinion though and as always we maintain that TSR Labour and RL Labour have not got the same policies.
    Who would you be most likely to vote for at this time? Do you think your party would agree on this or not?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by dances with poodles)
    From my understanding of it it isn't really reducing benefits in the usual fashion. Currently if a tenant receiving housing benefit manages to secure a lower rent payment they get to keep the difference. This would prevent that. (sorry if I read that wrong).
    Yes, true, but it works out the same. I was generalising of course and whilst it's not a bad idea, it's the wrong time to implement such a scheme.

At the moment, if I could vote, and there was an election, I'd rather not vote than vote for Labour with Brown as leader.
    Have you considered actually coming out and voting Tory? Because that's essentially what you're doing...
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Who would you be most likely to vote for at this time? Do you think your party would agree on this or not?
    I think those in my party that are more involved with Labour would still vote for them.

Who would I most likely vote for? As I said, no-one. I wouldn't vote, but if I was forced to, it would still be Labour. It's the most sensible left-wing option really. Italicised because the Cons' and Labour are so central with their policies these days.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and please do not say spoilt ballot, or I wouldn't vote.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    Have you considered actually coming out and voting Tory? Because that's essentially what you're doing...
    How? I'm not voting Tory simply by not voting at all. Neither party at the moment has a great sense of direction and I'm not really that captivated by Cameron's youth, nor his MPs obsession with Ducks. If I was forced to vote, I would still vote Labour.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, true, but it works out the same. I was generalising of course and whilst it's not a bad idea, it's the wrong time to implement such a scheme.
    Why should someone who gets a better scheme from their landlord get extra benefit money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alasdair)
    Its not the same thing. If someone disagrees with Labour why should they vote for them?

ReputationRep:
    Its not the same thing. If someone disagrees with Labour why should they vote for them?
    Why, then, maskerade under the Labour banner?
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Why should someone who gets a better scheme from their landlord get extra benefit money?
    They shouldn't which is why I said it's not a bad idea. But for them to get a better deal only to lose out elsewhere is a bit stupid. It's not really a better deal in that case is it? it's the same as it was before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adorno)
    sorry, I missed your point there tbh.

Tbh I'm playing devils advocate here :P

ReputationRep:
    What do the TSR Labour party think of this move? (slowly making my way through the party question threads a bit )
    Was it just me that was expecting that link to be to a youtube video of some stupid dance move?

ReputationRep:
    I'd vote Labour in a heartbeat. Nationally, I believe a Labour Government is the best choice Britons have at the moment and locally, I've many qualms with our Conservative borough council. The results for my constituency next year are going to be very close, especially now the boundaries have changed.
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    Because TSR Labour has nothing, you hear me? - nothing at all, in common with RL Labour bar the name similarity.

How thick do people have to be to not get this. We don't share the same policies nor the same ideas for the most part.

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't which is why I said it's not a bad idea. But for them to get a better deal only to lose out elsewhere is a bit stupid. It's not really a better deal in that case is it? it's the same as it was before.
    This is confusing me as well.

At the moment they do get more benefits money if they secure a better rent deal, But the RL government is trying to stop that. You just said that you agree with that being stopped, but in your first post you disagreed with the move to stop it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Because TSR Labour has nothing, you hear me? - nothing at all, in common with RL Labour bar the name similarity.

How thick do people have to be to not get this. We don't share the same policies nor the same ideas for the most part.
    If you have nothing in common with Labour then do not use their name and their history and the loyalty of people who have invested a phenomenal amount of time in the party and its aims.

TSR Labour, then, is nothing more than an aberration and a falsification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    Was it just me that was expecting that link to be to a youtube video of some stupid dance move?
    I may only be 17, which is young compared to some of you uni types, but I'm not immature -_-
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    If you have nothing in common with Labour then do not use their name and their history and the loyalty of people who have invested a phenomenal amount of time in the party and its aims.

TSR Labour, then, is nothing more than an aberration and a falsification.
    Rubbish. It was set up by left-wing people who have similar views to RL Labour. Not the same views though. And this still exists. It cannot however be assumed that whatever RL Labour does, TSR Labour accepts and merrily goes along with.

Being left wing and generally supporting Labour policies does not mean I have to vote for them when they're in a complete mess.

ReputationRep:
    I may only be 17, which is young compared to some of you uni types, but I'm not immature -_-
    It wasn't an insult :tongue:
    • PS Reviewer

PS Reviewer
    This is confusing me as well.

At the moment they do get more benefits money if they secure a better rent deal, But the RL government is trying to stop that. You just said that you agree with that being stopped, but in your first post you disagreed with the move to stop it :confused:
    Yes, I've confused you now :p:

The idea they have is a good idea. I'd support it, but not at the current time. People who can save money should be helped to try and save that money or spend it more wisely. When the recession goes, then I think it would be a better time to implement the scheme.

So in essence, good Bill, but not for another 1/2 years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.